Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pdracox23 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yu Gi OH GX Not Fully Dubbed?

Like This Thread!
    I just noticed that GX dub stopped at 155, when there are more episodes 156-up. I figured it would have least kept airing dubbed in other countries and 4kidstv skipped to Yugioh 5D. So no GX 156-up in english?

Baby Naruto is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdracox23 View Post
    I just noticed that GX dub stopped at 155, when there are more episodes 156-up. I figured it would have least kept airing dubbed in other countries and 4kidstv skipped to Yugioh 5D. So no GX 156-up in english?
    Unfortunately, your assumption is correct. 4Kids did stop dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh! GX at episode 155, and they did then switch their focus to dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

And as far as I know, no one has any idea at all if 4Kids will ever go back to Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and dub episodes 156-180 (Episode 156 is the last episode of Season 3 and episode 180 is the last episode of Season 4, which is the LAST season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX).
    Last edited by Baby Naruto; 11-27-2008 at 05:39 AM.

Goodfellow is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have both opinions on this.

First I say good riddance because then people don't have to suffer through the crappiness that is the ending to the (terrible) series. Yet, on the other hand, I find it messed up that they made everyone suffer throuogh 155 episodes, and then suddenly decide not to finish it when there are only 25 episodes left.

O-chan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So basically I have another excuse NOT to watch Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

O-chan
    Please view my artwork and my musings here:
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/

Rolling Cloud is offline ...too early....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdracox23 View Post
    Dude, you're not missing much. The less you have to see of it, the better.
    My Facebook
    Kick her ass outta bed and tell her to sleep on the horribly uncomfortable futon like everyone else who crashes here. XD -Sparticus

It taught me that one plus one equals one on a bun -.bg

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I guess it was to cash in on the fact of 5D starting and wanting to move onto newer stuff. There may be a chance of the last episodes getting dubbed if they go back and do a "Lost Episodes" set of the final GX episodes saying "The Conclusion of Duelist Academy is finally here" or something like that. Sort of like how FUNi did lost episodes of GT except this time it's the end that needs to be shown, not the beginning.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekacloud View Post
    Dude, you're not missing much. The less you have to see of it, the better.
    Agreed. Season 4 was so mind-screwey it was basically "If Gainax developed a season of YGO"

You know what that means, "Neon Duelist Evengeli-Oh...GX"

I don't even think 4Kids would be able to tone it down that much. (I'm speaking sarcastically but seriously, it was pretty bad)
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellow View Post
    I have both opinions on this.

First I say good riddance because then people don't have to suffer through the crappiness that is the ending to the (terrible) series. Yet, on the other hand, I find it messed up that they made everyone suffer throuogh 155 episodes, and then suddenly decide not to finish it when there are only 25 episodes left.
    You know, almost everyone who has seen the Japanese version has commented on the ending has said the same thing. Yet, I'd still like to see the last season of the series. Sure, GX didn't have a good start, but I love season two and three and I would like to see season three end and the series end in the dub. It had a terrible start, overall, but I don't think GX was a terrible series. Definitely had flaws and it could have handled more of its characters in a better fashion, but it wasn't that bad to me. Besides, I somehow can't believe that the ending would be that bad. I liked the ending to Digimon Adventure 02, even though most Digimon fans absolutely hated it, so I'm willing to try out GX's ending.

I can understand why 4Kids would like to focus on 5Ds at the moment, but I'm still hoping that they will eventually dub the rest of GX. I could easily see them airing those episodes as special lost episodes/season, similar to what they did with the fifth season of TMNT. I have heard that they're going to dub it after they're finished with the first season of 5Ds though. Of course, that's just what I've heard so its only a rumor. I'd still love for it to be true, but without a official reply from 4Kids, I'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    I guess it was to cash in on the fact of 5D starting and wanting to move onto newer stuff. There may be a chance of the last episodes getting dubbed if they go back and do a "Lost Episodes" set of the final GX episodes saying "The Conclusion of Duelist Academy is finally here" or something like that. Sort of like how FUNi did lost episodes of GT except this time it's the end that needs to be shown, not the beginning.
    Or as a better comparison, TMNT's "lost season" (which was technically the end of the original format of the series).
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Probably depends on how long 5D's is. If 5D's winds up only 52 or 78 episodes then they'd probably dub Season 4 of GX after that to keep Yu-Gi-Oh running on the air, but if 5D's goes on too long then they really have no reason to go back and dub GX years later.

I don't see 5D's being a very long series, like I can see it ending after episode 52, but hey that's just me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast