Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
    GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Assuming TPCI doesn't block it, I think CR getting Pokémon would be a very cool thing, that way I could actually watch the episodes I like without having to wait for a dub.
    Now that I think about it, while it may not be a favorite of mine, it deserves to get on CR more than some of those other anime, as even when the dubbed episodes do come out, there's no uncut version legally available in America.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNiOP View Post
    Now that I think about it, while it may not be a favorite of mine, it deserves to get on CR more than some of those other anime, as even when the dubbed episodes do come out, there's no uncut version legally available in America.
    Indeed. Without a legal sub floating around out there it makes it hard to experience the series as it was before meeting...unfortunent localizations.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Marvin Tikvah is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You mean a few changed/translated names, some missing music tracks and the ED getting cut?

Yeah, I don't think that exactly qualifies as an unfortunate localization.
    A UNICEF contribution of thirteen cents will feed a child for a month. Man, living in Africa must be great! Everything’s so cheap. - Michael Kelso, That '70s Show.
    Check out that cloud over there. It's so poofy...poof. - Ty Lee, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

AniRev|MFC|Backlog

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Tikvah View Post
    You mean a few changed/translated names, some missing music tracks and the ED getting cut?

Yeah, I don't think that exactly qualifies as an unfortunate localization.
    The music (whether BGM or not), the script, the visual edits, whether violence or not, changed names, etc. etc.

Misfortune if not in financial success, than in practice of letting a series succeed on its own merits.

Nonetheless, money is to be made, thus to hell with one's loyalty to the translated script and already mixed SFX/Music track before thee...

EDIT: Wow, that last line sounds really sarcastic. Oops.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 01-03-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Added apology.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Despite ANN's speculation, Crunchyroll didn't offically announce their first anime simulcast of 2010 until early this morning (at 12 AM ET), and as many people have speculated the first one announced is Chu-bra.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...casts-chu-bra/
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    The music (whether BGM or not), the script, the visual edits, whether violence or not, changed names, etc. etc.

Misfortune if not in financial success, than in practice of letting a series succeed on its own merits.

Nonetheless, money is to be made, thus to hell with one's loyalty to the translated script and already mixed SFX/Music track before thee...

EDIT: Wow, that last line sounds really sarcastic. Oops.
    This, this, and this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    Despite ANN's speculation, Crunchyroll didn't offically announce their first anime simulcast of 2010 until early this morning (at 12 AM ET), and as many people have speculated the first one announced is Chu-bra.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...casts-chu-bra/
    Nothing we didn't know already, and I'm guessing they won't be simulcasting all the anime this season, but hopefully that's the case in future seasons, and hopefully the rest of the announcements this season are good (in addition to Durarara!!).
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that's some fun news to wake up to in the morning.

"I wonder what CR announced first....yep, it was the fanservice."
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

Radiant is offline Foreverrrrr!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Figures the first one they announced is one I already knew about and don't really care about either.

Tomorrow they will most likely announce the other title we already know about - Durarara!!
    ~Woodwinds are ~
    MyAnimeList | deviantArt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I...I just watched Chu-Bra episode 1.

I...I...I feel so unclean, I must watch some Gintama and make the images of middle/elementary schoolers' pany shots go away.

(I like the guitar in the ED song though. And I did laugh a few times...I'm not following this though. Maybe if I'm really bored someday)
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The next license is Omamori Himari

This quote from TV Tropes should sum it up.
    So far the manga has reached 34 chapters and it's already managed to hit every major Fanservice trope.
    Sounds like joy!

-"Bang"