Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ben Administrator
    Ben is offline Wise Fool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Contest: Who Wants To Be a Vampire? - Win signed Vampire Hunter D books & lotsa manga

Like This Thread!
    Toon Zone and Pop Japan Travel have teamed up for a new contest to promote PJT's Cold Steel Tour of Tokyo, Kamakura and the Sapporo Snow Festival Jan. 28 to Feb. 6. (I'm running it, so you're in for some crazy times.) Not only does Cold Steel include nine days in Japan, a visit to an anime studio and the Ghibli Museum, we're also meeting with Hideyuki Kikuchi, the creator of "Vampire Hunter D." So, since Halloween wasn't that long ago, I decided to ask TZers the question:

"Who Wants To Be A Vampire?"

Here's the deal: Just tell us in 1,000 words or less (sometimes less is more) the story of your first night as a vampire. The authors of the most entertaining/atmospheric/funny/profound entries will receive fabulous prizes to read in the long hours you spend hiding from the sun.

THE PRIZES

Grand Prize:
    • Hardcover copy of the first "Vampire Hunter D" novel, signed by creator Hideyuki Kikuchi
    • A signed copy of Vol. 1 of the "Vampire Hunter D" manga
    • A copy of the Pop Japan Travel manga
    • A manga care package from Digital Manga, including copies of Trigun Vol. 1 (hardcover), Berserk Vol. 1, Flower of Life Vol. 1, Ikebukuro West Gate Park Vol. 1, Twilight of the Dark Master, and Bambi and Her Pink Gun Vol. 1.

First Runner-Up:
    • Hardcover copy of the first "Vampire Hunter D" novel (not available in stores)
    • Vol. 1 of the "Vampire Hunter D" manga
    • A manga care package from Digital Manga

Second Runner-Up:
    • Hardcover copy of the first "Vampire Hunter D" novel (not available in stores)
    • Vol. 1 of the "Vampire Hunter D" manga

You can hone your entry here in this thread. Then, when you have "your final answer," e-mail it by Dec. 15 to travel@popjapantravel.com for judging. (Tour applications are due the same day!)

Also have a look at this video I made out of footage from last year's winter tour.
    take me down to akihabara city where the laptops are cheap and the lights are pretty
    Twitter. LastFM.

Cogliostro is offline Finish it...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a great contest. I've got some time on my hands so I'll more then likely be submitting a entry.
    "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Kazekun Guest
    I'm gonna have to enter this one!

O-chan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, question?
    So can we JUST enter this contest without having to register for a POP Japan Tour or do we have to register with them in order to enter the contest? I'm a little murky on that detail.

O-chan

Ben Administrator
    Ben is offline Wise Fool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O-chan View Post
    Okay, question?
    So can we JUST enter this contest without having to register for a POP Japan Tour or do we have to register with them in order to enter the contest? I'm a little murky on that detail.

O-chan
    No, you don't have to buy a tour. You just have to write a story. Of course I would LIKE you to buy a tour, but you don't have to.
    take me down to akihabara city where the laptops are cheap and the lights are pretty
    Twitter. LastFM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would enter, but I'm not a huge fan of anything metioned. I think this is terrific for the people who want to win this though. What a cool contest, it should be interesting!

Are you going to post the top 3 or the number 1 for the contest winners?
    4/13: FREEDOM!

sharp shooter is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can we enter a couple of stories, or is it just one per person?
    Also, would you like it sent in the e-mail or as an attachment (is microsoft word ok?)
    Last edited by sharp shooter; 12-01-2007 at 02:04 PM.

Ben Administrator
    Ben is offline Wise Fool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Enter as many times as you like, and any format is fine.
    Twitter. LastFM.

Weatherman is offline Space...not what it used to be
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I got mine sent in.
    "So, as my final thought, steal from your parents"-Lewis Black

Ben Administrator
    Ben is offline Wise Fool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, I've been getting some really fantastic entries. This is going to be a tough one. But there's still five days left to get your story in -- and five days left to apply to spend 10 incredible days in Japan!

(I'm giving things away, I'm allowed to be a shameless shill.)
    Twitter. LastFM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast