Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mynd Hed View Post
    I whipped this up recently: Walking On Shonen.

Mostly Dragon Ball, a (very) little bit of Z, focused on Chichi and Goku and set to a mashup of Halo and Walking On Sunshine. Short songs are nice to work with because they let me finish before I lose interest. (-:

I've still got about a week to make tweaks before I hit the deadline for the Saboten Con 2010 AMV contest, so feedback is appreciated.
    The ending is well done. My only real issue is the horrible colors of the Blue Brick masters, but you have to work with what you have to work with.

So in the end, I don't think you can even call that a complaint...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mynd Hed is offline Holy blue on a popo!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you really think the Blue Brick footage is that noticeable? I barely wound up using any at all; all of the teen Chichi/Goku footage is pulled from the old double-disc sets, and even of the chibi-Chichi footage, half of it comes from a flashback scene in the Great Saiyaman arc of Z.

I do notice that there are a couple of spots, mostly in transitions between different parts of the song, where I tried to overlay too many clips on one another and things get a little muddled. I'm doing some tweaking to try to address that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you really think the Blue Brick footage is that noticeable? I barely wound up using any at all; all of the teen Chichi/Goku footage is pulled from the old double-disc sets, and even of the chibi-Chichi footage, half of it comes from a flashback scene in the Great Saiyaman arc of Z.
    It's primarily my general distaste for FUNimation's masters at the time. If the colors (espicially the darker colors) look almost black then I can typically point it out and it bugs me. Gokû's under gi turns from black to blue within the video, depending on the source. I can also spot a few rough edges but I chalk that up to FUNimation's double disc sets cramming too much on one disc.

I had no actual problems with your execution, though. I'm sure as hell envious, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, you can definitely notice the compression on the dual-disc footage. Not much to be done about that. But then, it's like fifteen-year-old animation, it's not going to look fantastic anyway.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, you can definitely notice the compression on the dual-disc footage. Not much to be done about that. But then, it's like fifteen-year-old animation, it's not going to look fantastic anyway.
    Well, fifteen for Boo arc stuff...twenty-four for the earliest Dragon Ball footage you use, and even then we're dealing with generational masters that are probably copies of copies of copies of copies that were stored about as well as a cup of Jell-o under packages of raw meat.

But yeah, still like the editing work you did. It is very rare you see a Chichi AMV...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finished making some tweaks to the final version of the video above, and its now available for download here. Nothing major, just some minor timing fixes, and I cleaned up one or two bits in which I'd laid so many clips over one another that it was hard to tell what was going on. No need to rewatch if you've seen the first version, but if anyone's checking it out for the first time, the downloadable version is the preferred one.

Just mailed off a disc to the Saboten Con 2010 AMV contest, so wish me luck. It seems to be going over well on the org, and those guys are the pickiest people imaginable when it comes to this stuff, so having their approval means a lot. (-:

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hate to resurrect old threads, but this is totally worth the necromancy.

Every Anime Opening Ever Made

This just rings quite true, not to mention all the well-placed cuts and varieties of anime in this one to deliver the message.

garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh. I was actually going to make a thread and discussion about this.

Now, I actually have noticed the "running" and the "naked people everywhere" ones frequently, but I can't believe so many openings have done the "main female holding an orb of light" one
    or the "two people falling in opposite directions" one
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

Rynnec is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How do you make K-ON interesting?

By adding Gundams of course!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Easter may have been yesterday, but surely there's still some resurrection in the air!

My good friend Castor Troy/Ryan Molina (of 3GKai and BattleGeekPlus fame) entered into SakuraCon (and won with) this little editing epic, Naruto Ball Shippuden Z. It's not his first crossover, but it is sadly his last AMV. Now, enough preamble.

Castor's been working on this behemoth for quite a while and it really shows. Many of the shots presented here are really well edited, considering they combine two radically different looking shows. I'm surprised that he (well, anyone) could get a few of those battle shots to look decent. Not only are the individual cutting and pasting shots good, but the flow is to. Set to Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout's opening, The Biggest Fight, the first portion really carries itself well with excitement and energy. Then again, it's a Kageyama Hironobu song so that certainly helps. ;p

Well, I guess that's all I should say. Anyone else have something to say?
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 04-09-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed title.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Easter may have been yesterday, but surely there's still some resurrection in the air!

My good friend Castor Troy/Ryan Molina (of 3GKai and BattleGeekPlus fame) entered into SakuraCon (and won with) this little editing epic, Naruto Ball Shippuden Z. It's not his first crossover, but it is sadly his last AMV. Now, enough preamble.

Castor's been working on this behemoth for quite a while and it really shows. Many of the shots presented here are really well edited, considering they combine two radically different looking shows. I'm surprised that he (well, anyone) could get a few of those battle shots to look decent. Not only are the individual cutting and pasting shots good, but the flow is to. Set to Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout's opening, The Biggest Fight, the first portion really carries itself well with excitement and energy. Then again, it's a Kageyama Hironobu song so that certainly helps. ;p

Well, I guess that's all I should say. Anyone else have something to say?
    Oh my gosh, that was awesome.

I'm not sure which was my favorite scene; Pain backhanding Mr. Satan, Sasori actually being Frieza (?), Krillin getting caught in the papers (poor guy) or the Goku/Naruto special attack at the end.

Anyway, awesome!
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to figure out how this guy managed to make Vash and Faye work in the same scenes so flawlessly.

[/resurrection]
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13