Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FinnMacCool is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Longest battle in anime/manga history

Like This Thread!
    Action oriented manga and anime are notorious for stretching out fights for a long time. But what's the longest fight in the entire history of Japanese comic books and animation (in terms of how many pages/episodes it ran for, not length of time that actually elapsed in the story)? I've got a feeling it's probably something from Dragonball, but I'm by no means confident.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In before the obligatory "Goku vs Freeza" post.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 11/21 - BanzaiCon 2014 Report)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Rud
    Rud is offline Nine Arts Dragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    In before the obligatory "Goku vs Freeza" post.

in the manga, that battle wasnt very long, the anime just draged it out too much (probably for the same reason they drag out the story in naruto shippuden)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember the Dartz battle in YGO going longer than any card game should.

Joe
    Joe is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    Action oriented manga and anime are notorious for stretching out fights for a long time. But what's the longest fight in the entire history of Japanese comic books and animation (in terms of how many pages/episodes it ran for, not length of time that actually elapsed in the story)? I've got a feeling it's probably something from Dragonball, but I'm by no means confident.
    For the anime, I think Goku's battle with Freeza in Dragonball Z is one of the longest. It was about 17 episodes long

Manga-wise, I'm not quite sure...

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hehey View Post
    in the manga, that battle wasnt very long, the anime just draged it out too much (probably for the same reason they drag out the story in naruto shippuden)
    I know, I meant anime-wise.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 11/21 - BanzaiCon 2014 Report)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Originally posted byHarlan_Phoneix
    I remember the Dartz battle in YGO going longer than any card game should.
    I think that was eight episodes long (if you count the full Dartz duel) which is pretty bad. Not as bad as DBZ though...

Originally posted by Joe
    For the anime, I think Goku's battle with Freeza in Dragonball Z is one of the longest. It was about 17 episodes long
    Which if you count the full battle is actually 20 episodes long. There are some pauses but for the most part it's full of battle in some form all the way through.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yusuke vs. Togoro in the Dark Tournament took quite a few episodes if my memory's straight . . . certainly wasn't Goku vs. Frieza but I still liked it, because progress was actually made in the episodes, compared to how Goku and Frieza was "artifically lengthened".
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

asphaltviking64 is offline High Inquisitor of soup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably Goku vs Freeza, I should check although it is pretty infamous for the longevity of the fight and it was all in 5 minutes, though how long was the Gohan vs Cell final fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    If Death Note is a teen dark comedy then Monty Python And The Holy Grail is a serious drama faithful to Arthurian legend.

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you considered it one long continuous battle like I do, the final battle with Majin Buu which started with Gotenks vs Super Majin Buu to Goku blowing Kid Majin Buu away with the Spirit Bomb was longer than all the other DBZ battles in the Anime and Manga.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast