Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's BM
    Oh, I've known that for quite sometime actually. I thought it was common knowledge.
    But the implications of that are really something.
    Spoiler:
    It blows the door wide open for a sequel in which one of the Kira cultist would ressurect Light.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

J'onn J'onzz is offline Best Male Member '08
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow... your name is the same as L's, Yuugi's BM? Lucky you!

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got around to watching episode 3 and here are my thoughts:

Spoiler:

-This episode seemed to slow down a bit compared to last week's excellent pacing. However, the pacing was still good enough to keep my interest piqued to the end of the episode.
    -Unfortunately, this is the first of a set of episodes where studio Madhouse has outsourced its materials to other staff members at another studio. For this episode, it was to the studio "Dr. Movie". The changes are glaringly apparent in certain scenes where Light looked off model when talking to Ryuk in his room and looked a little too young. Thankfully, the rest of the episode didn't suffer too much from the changes and still looked nice and clean.
    -The opening has changed slightly. It looks more brighter now and the scene with Light having red eyes has one of his eyes looking gray.
    -We finally learn Ryuk's secret in using the Death Note among his own kind. The whole thing with Ryuk being able to see a person's lifespan and name above their heads was kinda amusing as I thought: "Hey, Ryuk has MMORPG vision!"
    -Excellent plot twists with L deducting the times of the killings where he believes that the perpetrator could be a student and Light's father being revealed as the police chief. However, the scene near the end of the episode with the mysterious man following Light was pretty suspicious. Can't wait to see how it gets resolved next week.
    -This just in: Ryuk is a math wiz. Film at 11....no seriously, the whole part with Ryuk explaining to Light about Shinigami taking extra lifespans to add to their own was pretty intriguing but the most pivotal moment of the episode was at the very end where Ryuk attempts to strike a deal with Light, allowing him to use his vision in exchange for half his life span. The smile across Light's fact at the end left me bewildered. With things as they are, is Light really going to sacrifice half his life span in exchange for seeing his opponents true identities? It makes you wonder how far off the deep end Light really has gone.

Anyways, great episode even if it wasn't really edge-of-your-seat material. Next episode tonight is:

Episode 4 - Pursuit
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirel
    But the implications of that are really something.
    Spoiler:
    It blows the door wide open for a sequel in which one of the Kira cultist would ressurect Light.
    Holy crap, your right!!

Quote Originally Posted by J'onn J'onzz
    Wow... your name is the same as L's, Yuugi's BM? Lucky you!

Oh silly Kaiba-boy!! T'was only a link to L
    Spoiler:
    Lawliet's
    Wiki profile!!
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 10-24-2006 at 08:23 PM.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

FerrariCake is offline Ferrari Cake!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's BM
    Oh silly Kaiba-boy!! T'was only a link to
    Spoiler:
    L Lawliet's
    Wiki profile!!
    Umm, might wanna Spoiler tag that name.
    Indie rock is for jerks. Japanese indie rock, however, is for cool kids.

Hyper Shadow X is offline Lover of Fate-Chan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    justed finished watching the first eppyand so far I'm enjoying this.
    "A black moon will rise onto the sky tonight a moon of darkness that'll swallow the world" - Chikane

"Piccolo sounds like hes ****ting out 7 days of Chinese food in 20 seconds" - OlyJeebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far, the first 3 episodes are very good. Its sticking right to the manga, which is good. The series is very well made. Its interesting to see Death Note when we're just getting introduced to all the characters and the story hasn't gotten that far in.

I'm really loving the music for this series, it does a perfect job at capturing the feel of the manga.

Hyper Shadow X is offline Lover of Fate-Chan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished watching episode 2 and I got to say the last part of it kicked ass.
    "A black moon will rise onto the sky tonight a moon of darkness that'll swallow the world" - Chikane

"Piccolo sounds like hes ****ting out 7 days of Chinese food in 20 seconds" - OlyJeebus

Calcaneus is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw episode 4. This show is on a great run, I havent been dissapointed once. Seeing as how I've never read the manga, the experience is even better for me.
    In short, only Monopoly will save us all.

J'onn J'onzz is offline Best Male Member '08
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This anime is my officially my favorite show now. Well it's tied with Evangelion technically. This show is awesome. I'm going to read a ton of the manga this weekend just to see where this great series goes.