Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Artimus Gigan is offline Aeris Fries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those Dating Sims Are Strange

Like This Thread!
    Honestly what the hell is up with these things? They are all clicking involved(like Myst), there's really nothing to actualy play or control. Also the plots are incredibly stupid...and by stupid, I mean you can see the events coming a mile away, they make the main character appear to be attracted(as in attention whore) to trouble and awkward situations most of the time...

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus Gigan
    Honestly what the hell is up with these things?
    Same things that are up with Mahjong games.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

...or am I
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00
    Same things that are up with Mahjong games.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

...or am I
    Well honestly, many of these contain adult content, but if you just wanted that they have magazines. It's like they draw out the process to the awkward limt, not to mention the prices of them are the same as normal games...

Nin-Nin69 is offline [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are we traveling into mature territory here?

Well I've played the Sakura Taisen games and they're not half bad since robots cross into the story. Tenchi Muyo had a few, but those felt more like a story book than pick and choose. Sprung was an intresting game that was overlooked by the public. The closest I've got to mature rated dating sims was a game called True Love.

True Love was fun for me even thought it was nothing but "click click click". The story worked out better than anything else I've read about.

Everything else for dating sims or even H games is summed up to a guy that just got out of or is in school who has no idea about his future. Then every girl on the block comes his way and throws themselves at him while 85% of the time acts confused and makes stupid judgements/comments. Come see me Tonight, Sensai 2, Snow Drop, Water Closet, and Chain are some of the worst I've ever heard of. Don't even bother asking about those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nin-Nin69
    Are we traveling into mature territory here?

Well I've played the Sakura Taisen games and they're not half bad since robots cross into the story. Tenchi Muyo had a few, but those felt more like a story book than pick and choose. Sprung was an intresting game that was overlooked by the public. The closest I've got to mature rated dating sims was a game called True Love.

True Love was fun for me even thought it was nothing but "click click click". The story worked out better than anything else I've read about.

Everything else for dating sims or even H games is summed up to a guy that just got out of or is in school who has no idea about his future. Then every girl on the block comes his way and throws themselves at him while 85% of the time acts confused and makes stupid judgements/comments. Come see me Tonight, Sensai 2, Snow Drop, Water Closet, and Chain are some of the worst I've ever heard of. Don't even bother asking about those.
    Sakura Taisen was more or less along the lines of Harvest Moon, actual gameplay was the primary where as the whole dating aspect was secondary.(IIRC Sakura taisen was a tactical RPG)

But the main thing I don't get are the constant barrage of awkward situations that most of them have. It's like one after the other, after the other, I mean some of them offer no common sense choice sometimes.

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus Gigan
    But the main thing I don't get are the constant barrage of awkward situations that most of them have. It's like one after the other, after the other, I mean some of them offer no common sense choice sometimes.
    Japanese games run as far away from common sense as you can get.

I'd have thought you'd know that by now. I mean, there's a game out there for the PS2 where your main objective is to serve bowls of ramen...
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Nin-Nin69 is offline [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thousand Arms was also an awsome dating sim. You needed to pick up girls in order to make new weapons.

Mog
    Mog is offline -_-
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm sure some people will get a laugh out of this.

Official WoW slave
    Alliance - Doomhammer
    Mogxiv - 70 Hunter
    Mogix - 64 Priest

Anime Guy is offline grunge music enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

best dating sim parody ever, at least of the ones I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Mog

I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm sure some people will get a laugh out of this.

loo. I love that episode.
    My DVD Collection

Everything will be metal.

Daizaburo Estes is offline Where're the eskimos?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I mean, there's a game out there for the PS2 where your main objective is to serve bowls of ramen...
    "Yoshinaya," isn't it? I think so. I think it looks pretty fun, actually. Too bad the US'll never see it. But hey, if a "weird"-yet-addictive Japanese game like Katamari Damacy can cross overseas, we may yet see this one...or not.

And you're ALL forgetting the greatest text game series ever made: "Famicom Detective Club." When playing the Super Famicom version of FDC2(through...'certain' methods), I thought it was a surprisingly entertaining and genuinely spooky experience. Honestly, this game series is so underrated, it's a crime. A lot of people are really missing out...

And so, another classic franchise remains in the shadows...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast