Quantcast

View Poll Results: Rate the Cyborg 009 episode "Awakening"!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

3 27.27%
  • **** 1/2

3 27.27%

4 36.36%
  • *** 1/2

1 9.09%

0 0%
  • ** 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    William C. Maune is offline TZ News Editor in Chief
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cyborg 009 "Awakening" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Do you wish you had acceleration powers? Season Two of the latest remake of the groundbreaking Cyborg 009 series continues tonight. This is the official Talkback thread for the Cyborg 009 episode "Awakening" airing on Cartoon Network June 26th at 1:30 AM (12:30 Central). Hop in your submarine and comment on this episode!

Previously on Cyborg 009, landmarks around the world were being destroyed as alien visitors crashed down to Earth. These mostly mute and peaceful being are on the run from a powerful, and colorful, invading force. While the little visitors have amazing powers, they cannot use them to fight without sacrificing themselves. Can the Cyborg team save the aliens and the Earth before more lives are lost? Tune in to find out.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Cartoon Network you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Cartoon Network you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

For more information you can attempt to check out the official Japenese, Cyborg Soldier 009 Web Site.
    Toonami Inner Circle Alliance: Forum X Bridge Digital Arsenal Infolink World's Finest ANX

Rabi~en~Rose is offline idolmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jet is going a little overboard he shouldn't be soooo mean to those little guys 007's speech about crossing dimensons was funny and unexpected until it was so quickly over and his turning into a sofa to catch 003 and then making a face at her was silly! light power light power!

RedBoot is offline GO! Pringer X!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Those kids went from total pansies at the start of the ep to really freaking creepy by the end.

Seriously, they're probably going to go hit up a convenience store before they head back home.

Rabi~en~Rose is offline idolmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just knew it wouldn't end so sweetly those alien kids don't look so nice anymore but I hope they will be ok

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode (my first) screamed mundane throughout it tonight. That and the acting seemed all too wooden now, and the aliens sounded lame. I think they also tamed the dialogue a bit because this felt like an episode where the speech was like such.

I did like the nice twist in the end where they were given hope to fight, but yet it seems that they may become what they were trying to defend themselves from.

raykremer is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw, crap, I forgot to watch. That's it, this is going up on the row of Post-it notes under my computer monitor.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man this show is deep... it's just like Kikaider. Not a suprise... being they were both created by the same guy.

Why must every end so bitter sweet? ... such is life I guess.

I guess that's why this show isn't on durring the day... it's like an Adult Swim anime. All these depressing things happening all the time. I wonder if WS saw a bit of this and thought "maybe this will be a bit happier later on"... if that's the case... my best guess is they are wrong.

Another thing that makes it like an Adult Swim is that it's all too easy to fall asleep when you watch it. (DUSK doesn't seem to have that problem, at least for me) I guess AS needs to pick up some less boring animes... yeah that could probably help the ratings but it's a shame that the mature ones are the ones that are boring and the more teen oriented ones are the ones that hold people's attention better.

That being said... I'm glad this isn't on Adult Swim because adults aren't the only ones who should understand the issues brought up in Cyborg 009.

And I've gotta say it was really ominous when the aliens turned their ship into one that looked like their enemies'. It made me think that maybe their enemies' were really rouges of their own kind and the robots were only the guards... I think I'm reading too deeply into this.

Sheesh, this is one of those shows that you can long discussions about over tea or coffee...

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

lostrune is offline Detective Rachel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deep Thoughts: 6/25 Fri, er, late night

1. Cyborg "ballerina" 003 to Cyborg "shapeshifter" 007: "Is that a coin under the couch pillow, or are you just glad to catch me?" :anime:

2. The aliens are probably talking in stilted English because they don't normally speak, much less speak Earthener.

3. It's alive! They've created a monster!
    Didn't the alien kids just kill the crew of that enemy ship?

4. When the alien kids transformed their ship to look like the enemy's, it reinforced the feeling that the kids have transformed into their own worst enemy. Wouldn't it be cliche if their enemy turns out to be their own kind too?

William C. Maune is offline TZ News Editor in Chief
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually liked this episode, but I was surprised by the depressing ending to the episode. It was an interesting conflict between protecting peaceful ways, yet still defending yourself and the lines to be careful about crossing. While 002's message of care and understanding got through to the aliens, they didn't actually listen too well in the end. I began to suspect that something was up when they went after the alien ship, even though it was already fleeing. However, I don't know what was more unsettling, the way the aliens were acting at the end of the episode or that 003 was the only one who seemed to truly understand what was going on.

I'm with Redboot, any gas stations along the way home better watch out for those guys.
    Toonami Inner Circle Alliance: Forum X Bridge Digital Arsenal Infolink World's Finest ANX

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stepping on the flower was some ominious for-shadowing...

I don't think that's the last we'll see of them.

And I really think it was rogues of their own kind that were their "enemies"

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast