Perhaps...let's hear some suggestions about terms we could include. One that comes to mind right off is the Super Deformed style. If we can't come up with too many terms, we could probably explain these things in other sections independent of a specific glossary.
What was your source on the number of series that were around as of 1976 and 1983? That's an interesting statistic.
Some brainstorming for things that could improve the article in general (in no specific order):
- Extra history & additional significant landmarks in anime
- The anime industry outside Japan
- A list of Japanese animation studios
- A section about the so-called "anime style" and its common traits
- Maybe a section on how anime has influenced western animation and/or been influenced by it--IF WE CAN SOURCE IT. I know there are some examples out there (Batman: The Animated Series) but it'd be a section where we'd want to be particularly careful to not mistake opinion or perception for fact.