toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Killtacular is offline the race wars had begun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reviews: Trigun - Week Three (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Wolfwood time!

Nabuca is offline Yarrrr.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This week brings the introductions of Wolfwood, Monev The Gale, the first of the Gung Ho Guns and one of the most twisted, coolest villians ever, Legato Bluesummers.
    Its the final countdown.

Kat Pryde is offline Free Falling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yippee! Wolfwood is finally comin! WoOt! *jumps & dances around*

<--- Wolfie izuh happy to be here!

-^.^-
    Okay, so now we're going to die. Does your plan have a second part or should I just give you a kiss now? - Pete Wisdom, Pryde & Wisdom
    I was playing cynical back then.- L (Ryuuzaki), Death Note
    You mean it's not obvious yet?! I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child! - Azula, Avatar the Last Airbender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does Wolfwood have the same Voice actor as Vash? Seems they sounded almost identical.

Amano Ginji is offline Ph33r the Barn owl.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! That was pretty neat.

What episode do we get to see Wolfwood use the Cross-Punisher?(I think that's what it's called)

S╠ mio amore per pietÓ laciami cantare.
    Lascia cambiare la tua sorte e che sospiri la liberta e toui rimangano questi ricordi. Dammi il martirio per pietÓ.
    S╠ canta per pietÓ. Lasciami piangere.

Per pietÓ

Formerly known as TidusDaniel54

DianaGohan is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Super Character Introduction Of Nicholas Wolfwood on Trigun's "Murder Machine".

Now I can see why so many people like Wolfwood. His mix of caring and attitude makes for a nice character, and his interactions with Vash were the highlight of the episode. I'm guessing Vash's trick with his arm (that we sort of saw in the promos) will be revealed in later episodes, because it sure is pretty confusing now. The only real downpoint of this episode was when Meryl kept hitting Vash for no real reason on the bus ride in the beginning. Maybe funny the first time, but not really that needed afterward, if at all (also, it wasn't funny the second and third times). I just hope that we see Wolfwood again soon. A

Oh, and one more thing

Does Wolfwood have the same Voice actor as Vash? Seems they sounded almost identical.
    No. Wolfwoood is voiced by Jeff Nimroy, who is probably best known for his voice work on Digimon (he did the voice of Tentamon, Kabuterimon and Tentamon's other digivolutions, as well as smaller character roles).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaGohan
    I just hope that we see Wolfwood again soon. A
    Sooner than you think, heh heh.
    Its the final countdown.

David Lucas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now why wouldn't they let Vash say, "Nicholas D. Wolfwood" at the end of this episode, I don't even think they mentioned his first name at all actually.

His voice isn't as deep as I would like, but definitely has that certail anime quality that I've only seen with Johnny Yong so far. This was I think the episode where I realized the "Trigun" world wasn't all as it seemed, and I'll leave it at that.

To anyone who was doubting Trigun's storyline and wat not, Wolfwood is a very intricate part to the group, and his arrival definitely livens up the show. Today's episode has a LOT of foreshadowing, I actually went back to this episode right after the last one so that many of the things that were left blank finally made sense to me.

It's a good episode, and I'm glad Spike's outfit is still that popular.

Nikolas D Wolfuwood.......

"In an universe where nothing that we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do."

Hades is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    heh, Milly didn't seem to mind when Wolfwood lay on her to take a nap. this was a cool ep, but i wish they had explained about the machines more. they just came from no where. maybe in future eps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hades
    but i wish they had explained about the machines more. they just came from no where. maybe in future eps?
    You will be able to eventually piece things together, and why those machines were there. Vash: "Theres no one left to protect".
    Its the final countdown.

Wervyn is offline Extreme Lurker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now why wouldn't they let Vash say, "Nicholas D. Wolfwood" at the end of this episode...
    Because he doesn't say that at the end of this episode, he says it at the end of episode 11, Escape From Pain.

"If I hear the phrase 'soccer mom' again, I swear I'm going to 'butcher' someone..."
    Cynicism is the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Hades
    heh, Milly didn't seem to mind when Wolfwood lay on her to take a nap.
    we'll wait and see what happens.
    Okay, so now we're going to die. Does your plan have a second part or should I just give you a kiss now? - Pete Wisdom, Pryde & Wisdom
    You mean it's not obvious yet?! I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child! - Azula, Avatar the Last Airbender

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Monday's episode: Pretty good episode. I'm liking this Wolfwood guy and his interaction with Vash. It's too bad he left at the end because there were unanswered questions with him and his past (Please tell me he returns,please?). Hmm, that would make two men with questionable pasts;his could get REALLY interesting if Wolfwood returns. All the characters were good and I hope they stay at this level or above in future episodes.

I've noticed that this series has had some good moments, yet at the same time with feels unbalanced. Wolfwood's introduction was an excellent move since I'm wanting more development in the characters. Another thing that hurts it a little is that end theme song. I just wish it was better.

Overall grade: B+ (with an A grade on the characters)
    Last edited by JTurner954; 04-15-2003 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wolfwood makes his return tomorrow, and then again on Wednesday. After that, we won't see him for awhile, though he makes a cameo appearence in episode 16 before coming back for the rest of the series in episode 18.
    Characterization, for the most part, continues at this level, especially considering the territory we're about to enter on Thursday, which will introduce the major plot thread of the series. Stay tuned, it gets good and messy.

"Do not question the obligatory quote."

Shnay is offline Ne'er-Do-Well
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Murder Machine

So, Wolfwood. He's cool enough, I guess. He didn't seem quite as cool to me as others had made him out to be, but this is only his first appearence, so no final judgements have been made yet.

The religious angle, which I suppose is the main character attribute we've seen from him at this time, is an interesting one. I'm hoping they reveal a bit more about his beliefs and their relevence in his life. I'd hate to see the religious stuff be used just for the sake of it.

There were parts where I couldn't give the episode my full attention, but those robots did sort of come from out of nowhere. Maybe I missed something, though. I know it's been said that it'll be explained in later episodes, but I don't know if that'll be the best way to tell a story. I'll have to see how that pans out.

Vash's mysterious ability to take out a couple robots without breaking a sweat is pretty intriguing. Although, it may have been more mysterious if the intro was changed.

I still find myself enjoying the drama of the show much, much more than the comedy. I just don't like 9 out of 10 of the comedic moments, and I like them even less when they come right in the middle of an otherwise good dramatic scene.

The next few episodes are supposed to be the ones where the series really starts to go full steam, so I'll be looking forward to that. Maybe I'll begin to like the series as much as everyone else seems to.
    Toon Zone Book Club: Now reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
    Give a hoot, read a book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusDaniel54
    Wow! That was pretty neat.

What episode do we get to see Wolfwood use the Cross-Punisher?(I think that's what it's called)

It'll be used very soon, if ya know what i mean. And later on you'll see some more of it.

-^.^-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The series begins its main story arc with the introduction of good ol Legato, in episode 12 Diablo. Then after a recap episode, and a Meryl/Milly based episode (Little Arcadia) the plot comes into play full speed ahead. Your all in for an awesome ride
    Its the final countdown.

David Lucas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well to be fair to the opening, although it does show you a scene that you really should not have seen, watch the episode again, and remember, in the opening, its his RIGHT arm. That should actually give you a few more questions, rather than answers.

Wolfwood appears a lot in the show, he's just part of the group, he's like a member of Bebop. Although we see how those rat bastards seriously took that privelege. Everyone leaves poor Jet, damn them all.

I forgot that this is the first episode with giant fighting robots as it musta confused the hell out of everyone. If you think hard enough, you could probably fill in a lot of blanks, but I actually do have one question to the Trigun-fanatics out there (I'm trying to get to Morgana like acquired knowledge when it comes to Bebop and I'm about 80% there, so don't feel bad about knowing all about Trigun.)

In episode 6, I believe, they play that soft sweet music after whats her name gets off the Sand Steamer, and we cut to Vash "pouring some for his homies" and we hear him say:

"You were just tired."

Exactly what does he refer to in this, the person who he's talking about most certainly was not tired the last time he saw him/her.

"In an universe where nothing that we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In episode 6, I believe, they play that soft sweet music after whats her name gets off the Sand Steamer, and we cut to Vash "pouring some for his homies" and we hear him say:

"You were just tired."

Exactly what does he refer to in this, the person who he's talking about most certainly was not tired the last time he saw him/her.
    Spoiler:
    He's talking to/about the Plant. Remember, it had been "broken" inasmuch as Plants can break without being destroyed completely. And so, in his words, it was simply "tired". She's the homie he's pouring out to, anyway, it makes sense that that's who he'd be talking to/about.

"All this talk about humans is making me hungry."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wev, you nailed that on the head. As much I as pride myself on my knowledge of Trigun, that was one thing that I always overlooked.
    Its the final countdown.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast