Adult Swim ratings continue to rise!Here's a press report!
**First half is toonami,second half is Adult Swim***
New Series Line-Up Blasts Toonami Into Double-Digit Kids Delivery, Ratings Gains
Adult Swim Makes Triple-Digit Delivery, Ratings Waves among Men 18-34 and 18-24
Cartoon Network’s action-packed weekday afternoon franchise, Toonami (Monday-Friday, 5-7 p.m.), introduced brand new episodes of top-rated Dragon Ball Z and a new animé series direct from Japan that rocketed double-digit delivery and ratings increases among its target kid demos, according to Nielsen Media Research. Among tweens 9-14, the block grew 24% in delivery (734,000) and 21% in rating (2.9), compared to the same time period last year. With boys 9-14, the franchise gained 34% in delivery (629,000) and 32% in rating (4.9).
Dragon Ball Z (5:30 p.m.), the ongoing adventures of Super Saiyan warrior Goku, continued to capture Toonami’s largest audiences with brand new episodes that produced double-digit delivery and ratings growth among tween viewers. And the U.S. premiere of Rurouni Kenshin (6:30 p.m.) also inspired remarkable delivery and ratings increases. Highlights of both series performances vs. their corresponding time period in 2002 are as follows:
Dragon Ball Z (5:30 p.m.)
· Tweens 9-14 delivery (933,000) increased by 56%, and ratings (3.7) by 54%.
· Boys 9-14 delivery (796,000) grew by 67%, and ratings (6.2) by 63%
Rurouni Kenshin (6:30 p.m.)
· Tweens 9-14 delivery (691,000) expanded by 38%, and ratings (2.7) by 35%
· Boys 9-14 delivery (590,000) jumped 45%, and ratings (4.6) jumped 44%.
Adult Swim (Sunday-Thursday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.), Cartoon Network’s late-night franchise of animated programming for adult viewers, also made a big splash last week, scoring triple-digit delivery and ratings gains among its young male target demos. Highlights of Adult Swim’s performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
· Men 18-34 mushroomed by 198% for delivery (264,000) and by 100% for ratings (0.6).
· Men 18-24 increased by 108% for delivery (129,000) and by 100% for ratings (1.0).
· Adults 18-34 grew by 67% for delivery (291,000) and by 33% for ratings (0.4).
· Adults 18-24 improved by 132% for delivery (190,000) and by 133% for ratings (0.7).
· Since its premiere, Adult Swim is regularly #1 in men 18-24 over such live late-night programming as Jimmy Kimmel Live, Last Call with Carson Daly and The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 82.5 million U.S. homes and 145 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
RATING PERIOD: 3/17/03 – 3/23/03
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 106,700,000 homes.
Currently buying: Gun Sword, Black Cat, Shana, Negima, Tsukoyomi Moon Phase, Best Student Council, Case closed season 2+3
On the lookout: School Rumble, Tsubasa, AMG s2, Keroro Gunso