Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Paul_Cousins is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Miss Yu-Gi-Oh Washingmachine is the dullest character we've had to follow in a while. Bring back Roberta!
    Relax. The third season is pretty much all about Roberta.

veemonjosh is offline The Fool
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Cousins View Post
    Relax. The third season is pretty much all about Roberta.
    Unfortunately, Toonami probably won't show it due to it being an OVA with long episodes...
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 12/25 - The Wind Rises)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Unfortunately, Toonami probably won't show it due to it being an OVA with long episodes...
    Toonami has shown OVAs before. And they are only five minutes longer than usual. Thirty minutes long, instead of twenty-five minutes long. And it is only five episodes.

Though, the five episodes play like one long full length anime movie. And Toonami has shown a few anime movies recently. Toonami could show all five, back to back.

If not. Just buy the DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack for the third season. It is worth the money.

Radical is offline Epic Devious Troll
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like Chaka who's an obnoxious entertaining butthole and yet I'll be enjoying his just desserts as well, hehehe.
    Balalaika being ruthless/dangerous as ever after destroying the Kosa Council and killing poor Bando, she's so on my awesome despicable villain list next to my Don Thousand/Vector/Vetrix, Medusa/Arachne/Asura, Accelerator, Johan Liebert, Miyo Takano/Rena/Shion, and Koichi Shido, she's so unstoppable, yikes.
    Yukio becoming the new leader of the Washimine Group with Ginji having his loyalty to her was pretty sweet.

Both Black Lagoon, Space Dandy, and Attack on Titan are my favorite best Toonami shows while Blue Exorcist is my least favorite show, but Gurren Lagann is coming to Toonami, YAAAAAAAY, I'll enjoy it again after seeing it on Sci-Fi/SyFy's Ani-Monday.

Kitschensyngk is offline An Anri New Year!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Toonami has shown OVAs before. And they are only five minutes longer than usual. Thirty minutes long, instead of twenty-five minutes long. And it is only five episodes.

Though, the five episodes play like one long full length anime movie. And Toonami has shown a few anime movies recently. Toonami could show all five, back to back.

If not. Just buy the DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack for the third season. It is worth the money.
    YouTube and Hulu have it as well.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Gremlins

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yea. Anyone with an IQ of room temperature or higher, could tell by Revy's comments, a few seconds beforehand, that she was in a killing mood. Literally. And I admire the restraint that both Revy and Balakia showed in that scene. It shows that Revy has emotionally matured some since the beginning of the series.
    I don't think that Revy and emotionally matured go together at all. She showed restraint, but that's not the same thing as being emotionally mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Miss Yu-Gi-Oh Washingmachine is the dullest character we've had to follow in a while. Bring back Roberta!
    Most of the characters in this series are pretty dull/uninteresting, but I agree that Yukio is pretty boring. Roberta was one of the few interesting characters in this series and would probably be one of the few reasons I'd check out the OVA after they finish the second season.

That's still longer than usual, which would be difficult to air each episode individually since they need time for commercial breaks, so the chances of them airing Roberta's Revenge like that is pretty unlikely. Maybe they could air it as one long movie, but I'm not sure if the time for commercials would still be an issue.

As for the episode, I thought it was okay. Balalaika was pretty brutal here, even for the people she was working with. It sounded like they wanted to cause some problems with their enemy and weaken their forces, or something like that, but they didn't want her to go all out on them. Balalaika doesn't go easy on anyone, so that obviously wasn't going to work. In retrospect, they should have looked more into the people they were hiring so that they could keep them under control and/or know that something like this wouldn't happen. Even killing their boss was pretty ruthless.

The brief scene with Rock and Yukio was kind of nice. Rock's issue with his family, as well as being unsure about where he's going right now, was interesting and I still wish that there was more focus on that. It's actually an interesting conflict. Admittedly, Rocok being unsure about if he likes where he's going would probably work better if he had more presence in this season and it didn't look like he had gotten so used to life with the Lagoon company in the year he's been there. Still, moments like when they first brought up the kidnapping idea and when the mob boss was murdered showed that he still has some humanity left in him, so that could be why he's still unsure. Yukio being the new boss seemed a bit strange, but I just went with it. I thought that the whole bit about how she wanted to stay out of the dark was too melodramatic to really work. The dice comment she made to Rock felt a bit more natural, although the ending shot and line about the dice also felt a bit much. Overall, it was an okay episode.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cohorts,

two good episodes in a row, amazing! the college student had an interesting take on the nighttime and dark reading material. i feel the opposite but i can understand her point of view.

also the number one rule for dealing with criminals is to have some kind of power over them. know all their weaknesses beforehand or only deal in collateral. you can't unleash a monster and expect it to always obey you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    Balalaika is the kind of mob boss who brings a thermonuclear device to a gunfight.

And now she is embracing the night.
    You are probably right about Balalaika..

The fun part of the Tokyo arc are the layers of the plot.

The philosophical differences between Rock and Yukio, and how they play out.

The friction between Revy and Ginji.

The constantly changing internal politics of the Washimine clan.

Hotel Moscow's changing tactics in dealing with the Washimine clan and other Japanese mafia.

Spoiler:
    The series strongly hints that the Washimine clan bringing Hotel Moscow to Japan due to fiction between the ex-Russian military members and ex-KGB members in the Russian mafia that Balalaika and the members of Hotel Moscow belong to.

That the ex-KGB agent, and Russian mafia member, Vasili Laptev, of the Russian embassy convinced Bando to hire Hotel Moscow in attempt to embarrass Balalaika and Hotel Moscow, by them causing so much bloodshed that they draw international attention from the japanese government, and thus Vasili would be currying favor with his superiors in the Russian mafia, by tearing down Balalaika.

With Vasili knowing full well that Hotel Moscow was going to likely kill all the members of the Washimine clan in the crossfire.

And the plan is clearly wildly backfiring.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123