Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Eldorado is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The final musical number was awesome! I love the episodes where Dandy actually saves the day instead of ruining it.
    Favorite Quotes from PurpleeyesWTF shows: Too many to list.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is also a rare episode in which Dr. Gel not only lives, but also kind of gets a happy ending.

TnAdct1 is offline Silence, you dumb wench!!!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    And yeah, I thought I saw Slimer too, but I don't know what he'd be doing on this show.
    He's most likely there because he fits in with the 1980's style that is being depicted throughout the episode.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I thought that this episode was really good. The basic idea of Dandy going to high school where he needs to sing sounded like it would be fun and it actually was. Dandy going into the school expecting to get all of the praise right away only to be rejected was pretty funny. I especially liked the various girls punching him when he asked them out to the prom. It was basically a parody of high school movies/shows with the social hierarchy and that worked pretty well, especially with that first song. Dandy being punched out of the building afterwards was also pretty funny.

The training montage for the prom was kind of weird, but at least it wasn't too strange like a lot of its other moments. The animation during the musical numbers throughout the episode looked great, but even more so near the end. The music was quite catchy and the voice actors were doing a really good job too. Dandy's line about spending the best years of his life there when it was only a week was pretty funny. I also kind of figured that they'd forget all about why they went there and that the shy girl was the rare alien they were looking for. The later seemed especially obvious.

Overall, I thought that this was a really good episode. The comedy worked a lot better for me than it has for the last couple of episodes, although I tend to enjoy good parody humor so that probably helped, the music was catchy and it was just fun to watch.

The Master C is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I could watch this episode a million times over before I ever watch an episode of Glee.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Compatriots,

the music and animation were nice but the actual lyrics of the songs were weird at times. the words didn't really flow together musically and sounded like everyday speech in a sing song voice. didn't like the physical comedy of dandy being hit for no reason but i did love the cameos by slimer and the fly.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mayhem View Post
    Compatriots,

the music and animation were nice but the actual lyrics of the songs were weird at times. the words didn't really flow together musically and sounded like everyday speech in a sing song voice. didn't like the physical comedy of dandy being hit for no reason but i did love the cameos by slimer and the fly.
    I thought that the reason why he was hit a few times was pretty clear. The first case was after the stuck up popular kids sang about how much better they are than everyone else, so they were basically being bullies by punching him out of the room. He was punched every other time by girls who he asked to the prom. Considering Dandy's way of hitting on girls, it's really no surprise that at least some of them would hit him, even without factoring in the high school social hierarchy. He's very much like Johnny Bravo in that regard and since I don't really like Dandy that much, seeing him actually being rejected multiple times like that was pretty funny.

shany94a is offline Malfunctioning Unit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dandy should have run off with the hot elf queen chick - then again, does Dandy EVER run off with anybody?
    Okey-dokey!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I thought that the reason why he was hit a few times was pretty clear. The first case was after the stuck up popular kids sang about how much better they are than everyone else, so they were basically being bullies by punching him out of the room. He was punched every other time by girls who he asked to the prom. Considering Dandy's way of hitting on girls, it's really no surprise that at least some of them would hit him, even without factoring in the high school social hierarchy. He's very much like Johnny Bravo in that regard and since I don't really like Dandy that much, seeing him actually being rejected multiple times like that was pretty funny.
    Compatriot,

i dint get the students behavior towards dandy because social pyramid thing didn't make a lick of sense to me. popularity was supposedly based on singing and dancing ability but the nothing about the school suggested dancing and singing was a part of the curriculum or even an outside hobby of the students. they only showed the students going to a class on matter transport, taking a written final exam, and hanging around, yet the teacher and students acted like dandy was a complete idiot for not singing when he came to class. also prior to the end of the prom no one else was ever shown singing or dancing bedsides the popular kids so why did the students hate dandy for not doing something they didn't do. shouldn't the jocks have been picking on anyone who didn't randomly break out into song and dance in class.

the song the popular kids song made things even more confusing by suggesting the system was based on the stereotypical cheerleaders and jocks at the top and geeks at the bottom but if that was the case where does sports and attractiveness come into play. it would have made more sense if the people at the top were break dancers or ballerinas or something. the training montage made even less sense since most of the activities dandy and the girl did made them look like they were preparing for a martial arts or sports competition. the reaction of the women dandy asked to the prom was especially bizarre. he didn't say or do anything lewd so why were the reactions so hostile. apparently hitting someone is justified if the person is unpopular.

the more i think about it the more i realize this episode was just random crap like most of the series.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mayhem View Post
    Compatriot,

i dint get the students behavior towards dandy because social pyramid thing didn't make a lick of sense to me. popularity was supposedly based on singing and dancing ability but the nothing about the school suggested dancing and singing was a part of the curriculum or even an outside hobby of the students. they only showed the students going to a class on matter transport, taking a written final exam, and hanging around, yet the teacher and students acted like dandy was a complete idiot for not singing when he came to class. also prior to the end of the prom no one else was ever shown singing or dancing bedsides the popular kids so why did the students hate dandy for not doing something they didn't do. shouldn't the jocks have been picking on anyone who didn't randomly break out into song and dance in class.
    I don't recall the teachers giving Dandy a hard time for not singing when he came into class. While I don't think that the singing was a part of the curriculum either, I think it was basically used in place of sports in regards to what the stuck up students valued the most out of the school. We didn't see much of the classes themselves because this episode was focused on throwing in as many high school movies cliches as possible within a short amount of time and there were a few good funny moments as a result of doing so. Maybe because he didn't sing and dance for his introduction, they had a weak first impression about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mayhem
    the song the popular kids song made things even more confusing by suggesting the system was based on the stereotypical cheerleaders and jocks at the top and geeks at the bottom but if that was the case where does sports and attractiveness come into play. it would have made more sense if the people at the top were break dancers or ballerinas or something. the training montage made even less sense since most of the activities dandy and the girl did made them look like they were preparing for a martial arts or sports competition. the reaction of the women dandy asked to the prom was especially bizarre. he didn't say or do anything lewd so why were the reactions so hostile. apparently hitting someone is justified if the person is unpopular.

the more i think about it the more i realize this episode was just random crap like most of the series.
    I still took that as singing and dancing standing in for sports in the school system. The training montage was pretty weird though. Dandy's first attempt to ask someone out wasn't even asking them, but telling them, so I could see justification for hitting him for that, but he did become a bit better with asking them out afterwards. Considering that I don't particularly like Dandy, I don't mind seeing him get hit over something like this. This was probably one of the better episodes of the series for me because the humor seemed to be less random, for the most part at least, and the parody style humor of high school movies with some music number thrown in worked better for me compared to most of the other humor in the series thus far.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345