Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    This episode kind of sucked. They can't just say that Eren wasn't, like, mad enough to fight so he just sat on the ground pouting like a three-year old? Seriously, it's like a pissed-off person, but they're too lazy to yell, so they just sit in their own fumes.
    "The Pen is your Sword, the Page is the Monster. Stories are the Blood that comes out."

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I thought that this episode was okay. Eren going out of control in Titan form was a bit surprising, but I was more surprised with how he was in a dream-like state seeing how his family was before the Titans attacked all those years ago. It made sense that he would want to think that was reality and just stay there, but it also felt kind of sudden given that there wasn't any sign of that happening before. Granted, we don't know that much about his Titan powers, which also made Mikasa's initial panic even more understandable, but it just seemed a bit too sudden to work as well as I think it could have. Despite Mikasa blushing when that solider told her to save the man that she loves, I don't think that she has romantic feelings for Eren. Given her backstory and the fact that they were raised together for a number of years, it feels more like the love of a family member, but that's just how I feel about it.

Armin was surprisingly calm about the situation and was quite determined to snap Eren out of it. It was cool when that finally worked and the episode was starting to get more exciting, but then it ended. Overall, it was an okay episode. There were some interesting moments, decent bits of action and some good tension. While the pacing for the last couple of episodes have felt like they were stretching things out, at least more was happening in this episode than in the previous one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Compatriots,

episode was definitely slow but i liked the last few minutes with armin trying to get to eren. hopefully the pacing picks up next week.

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked this one much more than the last one. Stuff actually happened, more action, and the dream sequence was interesting.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

FriendlyMushroom is offline Knight of Sidonia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show's pacing is like molasses. The plan to move the boulder was talked about two episodes ago...it still hasn't happened.

Eren, Armin, and Mikasa continue to be unrelatable, one-note characters with little reason for me to care about them.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's popular, any more than other terribly flat, drawn-out anime are somehow popular. But I'm let down. For some reason I was hoping this was more than just shounen anime junk food.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom View Post
    This show's pacing is like molasses. The plan to move the boulder was talked about two episodes ago...it still hasn't happened.

Eren, Armin, and Mikasa continue to be unrelatable, one-note characters with little reason for me to care about them.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's popular, any more than other terribly flat, drawn-out anime are somehow popular. But I'm let down. For some reason I was hoping this was more than just shounen anime junk food.
    May I suggest Jojo Bizzare adventure or Hunter X Hunter
    NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom View Post
    The show's pacing has been pretty slow for the past couple of episodes. Before that, it wasn't too bad since at least stuff was happening and there was some progress made with each episode in some matter. The tail end of this arc is just going really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom
    They're some of the few interesting characters in the show for me. Admittedly, there aren't too many characters that I care about in this show and aside from them, the only other characters whose names I can remember are Jean and Sasha. That's not a necessarily a good sign given that we're twelve episodes into the series. At least there's some depth to their characters, more so for Mikasa and Armin than Eren in my opinion, to make them fairly engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom
    I can kind of see why the show would be so popular. Character-wise, it's not that impressive, but it have an interesting premise, a setting that provides some questions for the audience to wonder, the despair helps to creates a good atmosphere for the setting, there's a balance between the hope and despair so it's not overwhelmingly depressing and there are some good bits of actions. I think it's a pretty good show, but I haven't been blown away by anything about it either and certainly not to the point where it lives up to the immense hype the series has going for it. At least I can understand why it became popular, which is more than I can say for the last immensely popular recent anime title Toonami aired. Maybe it helps that I didn't have too much expectations for the show either, despite its popularity.

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Chalk me up as someone who enjoys the show and manga a lot, but also finds it over-rated. The writing is good, but not that good. The characters are good...but nothing great, the animation is decent, but hardly the best, etc. Its an all around competent show, but I would hardly call it amazing.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234