Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    @ Gatomon41:

Is One Piece on Toonami on Adult Swim your first exposure to the show or have you watched any of the previous episodes before this?

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    From that viewpoint, it does improve her character - she's willing to face such a horrific fate to save her friends. There's a saintly quality to that.

At the same time... it's not like Luffy and everyone is captured by CP9 and being held hostage by them. It could understand her route if they were in such direct danger. Yet, they're free to the point of trying to rescue her. It's not like they have some sort of nanovirus that's counting down the clock. It just comes off as Robin being unreasonable.
    I understand a lot has happened and there's a lot to keep track of, but just to remind you, there are a few reasons Robin is doing this:

-The Strawhats are, of course, the first true friends Robin has had
    -Every group or organization Robin has been associated with in the past has been destroyed for one reason or another (usually because the government has been hunting after her), so naturally she believes the same will happen to the Strawhats.
    -And perhaps the most important reason, CP9 is threatening to destroy the Strawhats with the Buster Call. The Buster Call is the ultimate form of attack by the Marines, in which a fleet of ships utterly decimate any given target, be it a pirate ship or an entire island, without prejudice. And as you'll soon discover...

Spoiler:
    Robin has plenty reason to fear the Buster Call.

Gatomon41 is offline Joy To the World!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    @ Gatomon41:

Is One Piece on Toonami on Adult Swim your first exposure to the show or have you watched any of the previous episodes before this?
    This is probably my first long exposure - let's just say my early attempts were soured by the early dub. And there was no talkbacks for me to get involved in.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends to create.
    ” - St. John Paul II

Pro vita quad spes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is probably my first long exposure - let's just say my early attempts were soured by the early dub. And there was no talkbacks for me to get involved in.
    So.... okay, have you seen all of the Alabasta arc, particularly right after the Straw hats left Alabasta at the end of the arc?

Gatomon41 is offline Joy To the World!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    So.... okay, have you seen all of the Alabasta arc, particularly right after the Straw hats left Alabasta at the end of the arc?
    Just assume I'm a viewer who is just starting the show, which isn't too far from the truth. Until this arc, I haven't been consistently trying to watch the episodes.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends to create.
    ” - St. John Paul II

Pro vita quad spes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just assume I'm a viewer who is just starting the show, which isn't too far from the truth. Until this arc, I haven't been consistently trying to watch the episodes.
    Okay, well let's just say that this isn't the first time Robin was in a situation where she felt being rescued was not an option for her. Although the scale wasn't anywhere near as big as in that case in the end of the Alabasta arc since it had little to do with the World Government at the time. Though the fact she was rescued back then was the reason she invited herself to the Strawhat pirate crew in the first place.

As tempted as I feel to explain more, I'm going to zip my lip until at least this episode. But I'd just figure it would be worth providing that bit of information from earlier in the main story.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345