Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    It amuses me how this show keeps talking about Satan and the son of Satan that, motivated by VeemonJosh's beep counts in the Black Lagoon talkbacks, I decided to count every time someone says "Satan". Tonight, it was NINE times aka eight times more than the episodes Satan actually appears in. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if "Hell" was said even more.

"Want more demon killing?" Sure, but I have a better question: Where are the exorcisms?

The episode wasn't great and wasn't bad. My favorite scene was when the guy was told to raise his hands in the air, and he does .... and casts a spell with a bunch of hands leaving his tattooed arms.

Gatomon41 is offline Easter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Missed the episode, though a bit surprised they didn't do a rerun or something considering it was the Independence Day weekend.

I was out launching fireworks with my friends
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

Halleluiah! Happy Easter Everyone ^_^

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Comrades,

this episode had an intense and creepy atmosphere. wasn't expecting the villain to be the wife of the dude with the eye patch. its cool that rin can finally control hiis flames and the scene with rin telling yukio maybe you can save me next time bro was good. the look on yukios face was just heartbreaking. on top of that it looks like yukio is slowly becoming a demon.

it always makes me chuckle when characters are surprised people in masks or hoods are female when their voice makes it obvious.

Gatomon41 is offline Easter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    Last time:

Christmas was actually a pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice that was usurped by the Christian church and retooled to honor Jesus' birth, although many old pagan rituals such as decorating trees, Yule logs and gift-giving survive to this day. (In fact, it was because of these rituals that many Protestant groups, including the Puritans, outlawed celebrating it.) The Bible doesn't specifically say that Jesus was born on December 25th, or even in winter for that matter.

Also...BIRTHDAYS ROCK!!!
    Never had a yule log myself. In fact, I have no idea what those things are. Also keep in mind birthdays don't have to be celebrated on the exact day of birth, and may be impossible to find out without precise dating. Consider we celebrate Lincoln's birthday as the same day as Washington's. And the practice of decorating a tree could also be traced back to Medieval Passion Plays (where evergreens were decorated as the tree of life), as Christmas Trees as we know it didn't appear roughly until around the Renaissance.

The things I did in college

Also, no Jim Carey references?
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

Halleluiah! Happy Easter Everyone ^_^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123