Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    JShaggy is offline Waiting for Season 2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Looks like we're in for a fight next week with Sanji and Franky going up against CP9.

Toonzone Anime of the Month Club | Archives
    This month: Descendants of Darkness

TZ Blog
    | YouTube Channel

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finally, chef man gets out of the way. I thought we were done with him last week.

I have no idea why Sanji and Frankie think they'll stand a chance here, given how CP9 easily beat the entire Straw Hats with one move each the last time they met.
    Maybe the Power of Love will make them stronger, I don't know.

Or maybe Frankie's Centaur form will do them in.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Forget Five Nights At Freddys....can you survive even ONE night with this Misfit Christmas Special, so Misfit it never even AIRED? Plus a bonus Misfit in Claymation!

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    I have no idea why Sanji and Frankie think they'll stand a chance here, given how CP9 easily beat the entire Straw Hats with one move each the last time they met.
    Maybe the Power of Love will make them stronger, I don't know.
    Well gotta keep in mind that Sanji wasn't there for the fight; the most he might have gotten was word of mouth that they are tough. As for Franky... he is a bit of an idiot.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhenomsServant4 View Post
    Oooh I haven't seen a good Zoro sword fight since Toonami ended their initial OP run.

You know what I say screw Robin, if she doesn't want to be saved that's her problem I don't see why the others should risk their neck for her if she doesn't care what they're doing for her.
    I'm not sure if she doesn't care what they're trying to do for her. She's just too focused on trying to protect them to see that what she's doing won't really help them, especially now that they know what she did to help them. Even if she didn't care, the rest of the Straw Hat crew care too much to just abandon her like that.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. Despite being the title for the episode, Zoro's fight was over surprisingly quick. That was pretty anticlimactic, but they were also trying to fit in three fights in one episode, so I could see why that would happen. It's not a particularly good reason though, especially when I question why that was the title of the episode when the fight was over so soon. I liked the ending to Sanji's fight though. The weird chief actually preferring how he looked before was kind of strange, but I guess fitting with his character. I liked how Sanji kept ignoring his insults towards Robin and just kept the fight going. Franky's fight was pretty decent. I wasn't expecting him to catch him with his legs like that or finish him with just one punch. Seeing Franky and Sanji meeting up again like that was pretty cool and funny, although now they're facing the main branch of CP9. Overall, it was a pretty good episode with decent action and some funny moments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I'm not sure if she doesn't care what they're trying to do for her. She's just too focused on trying to protect them to see that what she's doing won't really help them, especially now that they know what she did to help them. Even if she didn't care, the rest of the Straw Hat crew care too much to just abandon her like that.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. Despite being the title for the episode, Zoro's fight was over surprisingly quick. That was pretty anticlimactic, but they were also trying to fit in three fights in one episode, so I could see why that would happen. It's not a particularly good reason though, especially when I question why that was the title of the episode when the fight was over so soon. I liked the ending to Sanji's fight though. The weird chief actually preferring how he looked before was kind of strange, but I guess fitting with his character. I liked how Sanji kept ignoring his insults towards Robin and just kept the fight going. Franky's fight was pretty decent. I wasn't expecting him to catch him with his legs like that or finish him with just one punch. Seeing Franky and Sanji meeting up again like that was pretty cool and funny, although now they're facing the main branch of CP9. Overall, it was a pretty good episode with decent action and some funny moments.
    While folks may call the battle 'anti-climactic', you have to consider the factors here. This was one of those fights that could only be decided with one strike. Rocketman was speeding its way towards T-Bone (and Puffing Tom), so there was no way we were gonna have a long sword duel. I don't see a problem with the title. Wanze got his title, Nero got his in the last episode, T-bone should get his. Also, the guy was a big threat to the main group with Luffy. As the others noted, he slashed a Sea King, one of the most dangerous creatures to Sea-faring people, in half. It's not something to take lightly. T-bone is strong, as Zoro noted, but out of his league.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofRoku View Post
    While folks may call the battle 'anti-climactic', you have to consider the factors here. This was one of those fights that could only be decided with one strike. Rocketman was speeding its way towards T-Bone (and Puffing Tom), so there was no way we were gonna have a long sword duel. I don't see a problem with the title. Wanze got his title, Nero got his in the last episode, T-bone should get his. Also, the guy was a big threat to the main group with Luffy. As the others noted, he slashed a Sea King, one of the most dangerous creatures to Sea-faring people, in half. It's not something to take lightly. T-bone is strong, as Zoro noted, but out of his league.
    I understand that they weren't in the ideal place for a long sword fight, but it just seemed too anticlimactic to warrant that initial build-up with T-bone slashing through a Sea King and being the title of the episode. At least the fights with Wanze and Nero weren't over in less than five minutes.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I understand that they weren't in the ideal place for a long sword fight, but it just seemed too anticlimactic to warrant that initial build-up with T-bone slashing through a Sea King and being the title of the episode. At least the fights with Wanze and Nero weren't over in less than five minutes.
    Guess this is just another case of "it was better in the manga".

T-bone wasn't built up quite as much in the manga as he was in the anime. Yes, there was still that foreshadowing with the Sea King, but it wasn't used as a cliffhanger. In fact, everything from them discovering the cars, to Luffy jumping on board them, to Zoro cutting the train cars, to Zoro fighting T-bone was done in a single chapter (18 pages). Also, the chapter was titled "The Honorable Captain T-bone", which I guess isn't quite as promising. Really, the Sea King was just to demonstrate that T-bone was strong enough that Zoro had to take him seriously (pro-tip, when Zoro dons his bandana, that means he's fighting seriously).

Still, I can see why people would be disappointed (admittedly, even in the manga it's a little disappointing), but remember that these guys are the warm-up before the main event.

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually liked the Z fight. It was short, but I liked the animation style used.

Sanji "rearranging" the cook's face was the funniest part of the episode.

That cliffhanger....epic stuff.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234