toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Line of the Night Poll Buttons are initiated! Loading Up Quotes from Sad Backstory Episodes!

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toonami: Intro
    Submitted by animepwns
    TOM: Hey, Sara, ready for tonight?
    Sara: Initiating tachyon control burn now.
    TOM: Ooo-kay, and then we start theó
    Sara: Yup, the oscillating ionospheres splitting up.
    TOM: Then I initiate the anime buttons.
    Sara: Nice work, TOM.

1 50.00%
  • Attack on Titan: The World Seen by a Young Girl: The Struggle for Trost, Part 2
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ymir: When you get right down to it, thatís the real tragedy here. Eren and the others bust their asses, and the one let standing is him.
    Conny: All right, that does it, b*tch! Iím gonna shut your mouth up permanently!
    Christa: Both of you stop it right now! Look, weíre all at the end of our tether, okay? Weíre seeing our friends being killed like animals! Itís normal to be upset!
    Ymir: Look at my Christa keepiní the peace! You are so gonna have to marry me when all this crap is over!

0 0%
  • Attack on Titan: The World Seen by a Young Girl: The Struggle for Trost, Part 2
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Armin: I was wrong. This world hasnít become hellÖitís been hell. I just couldnít see it before now. Weíre condemned, all of us have been from the beginning. Strength preys on weakness. Itís avery straightforward arrangement, actually.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Merchant: Donít you even dare! Your commander and I are old friends! One word from me, and youíll be court-martialed! Believe it!
    Mikasa: That word gonna come from beyond the grave?

0 0%
  • Bleach: A Crisis Sneaking Up on the Kurosaki Family?! Ichigo's Confusion!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ichigo: Itís true. The way I am now, I canít protect anyone. But I did all this knowing the consequences.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Chad: I know you want to fight. And itís tearing you up that youíre unable to protect everyone youíre your own power like you did before. Thereís nothing to feel ashamed of. Thatís a quality that defines you, Ichigo.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ichigo: Ginjo, I owe you for this.
    Ginjo: Forget about it. I didnít show up to make you feel like you owe me. But truth is we canít afford to let you die. Besides, it would suck for us to have the door slammed shut on us because we didnít protect someone we were able to.

0 0%
  • Toonami: Child of Light Review
    Submitted by animepwns
    TOM: The console rat race moves fast, kids. Which is why sometimes, I like to thrown in a game that gets back to the basics.

1 50.00%
  • Naruto Shippuden: Father and Mother
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sasori: Take away all of their puppets, and even the greatest masters are nothing.

0 0%
  • Naruto Shippuden: Father and Mother
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sakura: Itís true, I might not be rigged up with a bunch of fancy weapons like some of these puppetsÖ but the unbending spirit of my teacher has been drilled into me!

0 0%
  • One Piece: Smash the Wave! Luffy and Zoro Use the Strongest Combo!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Zoro: Hey, Luffy.
    Luffy: Yeah, I know what youíre thinking. That waveís asking for it, huh?

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sanji: Why are you crying?
    Franky: Iím not crying! You are!
    Sanji: *big sweatdrop*

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sanji and Franky: Who the hell are you?!
    Sniper King: Your friend told me everything. I understand that you are here to rescue a certain madameoiselle. That alone is reason enough for me to join your cause. My weapons are at your disposal! My name isÖ Sniper King!

0 0%
  • Blue Exorcist: The Wager
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Suguro: The lady really knows her stuff. Hell, this chickís gonna be the next one to leave her mark on the world.
    Yoshikuni: Who are you calling ďchick,Ē you poseur?!
    Suguro: Watch it!
    Shima: Bonís been put in his place!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Suguro: In the middle of class, he tells me he wants to be an exorcist so he can kick Satanís ass! And heís the frickiní son of Satan! I never heard anything so twisted in my life. So if he dies before I can ask him what he meant, Iíll be pissed!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Mephisto: Who would like to bet on whether Rin Okumura becomes the savior of Assiah, or he becomes the Demon King of Gehenna? Wouldnít you like to see the outcome with your very own eyes?

0 0%
  • Black Lagoon: Guerrillas in the Jungle
    Submitted by PokeNirvash
    Leigharch: Oh yeah! I almost forgot! IíVE GOTTA GET TO LIVERPOOL!
    Shenhua: It no use. He very very relax now.
    Leigharch: WHAT!? My application to the Black Panthers was denied AGAIN!?

1 50.00%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Revy: Whatís the problem? Let me guess Ė it feels so good, you canít pull the trigger.
    Shenhua: Men know much about stabbing, but no get stab much themselves. I do for them!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Revy: Rocky baby, youíve been a good boy? If you promise to behave yourself a little bit longer, sweetie-pie, Iíll even buy you some cotton candy. So, weíre leaving now.
    Shenhua: Oh! Is he dumb-ass you talking about?
    Rock: Who the hell is she?

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Leigharch: Jimi Hendrix is calling me back! He got my message! He wants me to defeat the Klingons ASAP! C-C-CAPTAIN PICAAARD!

0 0%
  • Beware the Batman: Broken
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Alfred: Oh, sorry my dear. Rule of thumb. Never sneak up on an old spy while heís making a sandwich.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Batman: Computer, last known address of Humpty Dumpty.
    Computer: A wall.
    Batman: Iíll rephrase. Last known address of Humphrey Dumpler, a.k.a. Humpty Dumpty.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Gordon: Why would Humpty Dumpty do that? Just let them all go?
    Batman: Humptyís broken, but that doesnít make him pure evil.
    Gordon: Lovely. You get that from your ostume vigilante Book of Proverbs?
    Batman: He lost the battle, and heís walking away honorably. But something tells me the war is far from over.

0 0%
  • Samurai Jack: Jack Remembers the Past
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Father: Dry your tears, my son,for nothing worth having is easily attained. Sometimes you must fight for what is yours and what you believe in. Remember, my son, it is not oneís outward brawn, but rather oneís inner strength that makes them mighty.

0 0%
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Death Trap
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Intro: Who my father was matters less than my memory of him.

0 0%
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Death Trap
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Aura: You boys look lost. Congratulations, Boba. A job well done.
    Jax: His nameís not Boba, heís Lucky.
    Aura: Lucky? Thatís a good one.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [6/7]

Like This Thread!
    Once again, it's time for Toonami: LINE OF THE NIGHT! A weekly tradition going back about 10 years, you can submit your favorite quotes from the shows playing on Toonami. Then we run it through our trusty poll generator, and a selection of quotes will be posted by the end of the week for you to vote on!

A few rules:
    1. Please be sure to list what show and character you're quoting from.
    2. I'm going to start being a bit more conscious about the lengths of the quotes. So, a warning that I might shorten some of the submitted lines if I feel they're too long.
    3. Just to be fair to newer material on the block, if an episode has aired on Toonami within the past 12 months, lines for that show can't be submitted. This week, this applies to: Space Dandy, Sym-Bionic Titan

This week's schedule:

11:30pm - Attack on Titan - 6: "The World Seen by a Young Girl: The Struggle for Trost, Part 2" (PREMIERE)
    12am - Bleach - 347: "A Crisis Sneaking up on the Kurosaki Family?! Ichigo's Confusion!"(PREMIERE)
    12:30am - Space Dandy - 9: "Plants Are Living Things Too, Baby"
    1am - Naruto Shippuden - 23: "Father and Mother" (PREMIERE)
    1:30am - One Piece - 257: "Smash the Wave! Luffy and Zoro Use the Strongest Combo!" (PREMIERE)
    2am - Blue Exorcist - 16: "The Wager" (PREMIERE)
    2am - Black Lagoon - 12: "Guerrillas in the Jungle" (PREMIERE)
    3am - Beware the Batman - 5: "Broken" (PREMIERE)
    3:30am - Naruto - 23: "Genin Takedown! All Nine Rookies Face Off!"
    4am - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 16: "Footsteps of a Comrade-in-Arms"
    4:30am - Samurai Jack - 19: "Jack Remembers the Past" (PREMIERE)
    5am - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 42: "Death Trap" (PREMIERE)
    5:30am - Sym-Bionic Titan - 14: "I Am Octus"

I'm going to start posting older polls in the coming days. I'll try to get three or four out a week, and hopefully be caught back up by next month.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

Toonami Intro:
    TOM: Hey, Sara, ready for tonight?
    Sara: Initiating tachyon control burn now.
    TOM: Ooo-kay, and then we start theó
    Sara: Yup, the oscillating ionospheres splitting up.
    TOM: Then I initiate the anime buttons.
    Sara: Nice work, TOM.

Attack on Titan #6:
    Ymir: When you get right down to it, thatís the real tragedy here. Eren and the others bust their asses, and the one let standing is him.
    Conny: All right, that does it, b*tch! Iím gonna shut your mouth up permanently!
    Christa: Both of you stop it right now! Look, weíre all at the end of our tether, okay? Weíre seeing our friends being killed like animals! Itís normal to be upset!
    Ymir: Look at my Christa keepiní the peace! You are so gonna have to marry me when all this crap is over!

Armin: I was wrong. This world hasnít become hellÖitís been hell. I just couldnít see it before now. Weíre condemned, all of us have been from the beginning. Strength preys on weakness. Itís avery straightforward arrangement, actually.

Merchant: Donít you even dare! Your commander and I are old friends! One word from me, and youíll be court-martialed! Believe it!
    Mikasa: That word gonna come from beyond the grave?

Bleach #347:
    Ichigo: Itís true. The way I am now, I canít protect anyone. But I did all this knowing the consequences.

Chad: I know you want to fight. And itís tearing you up that youíre unable to protect everyone youíre your own power like you did before. Thereís nothing to feel ashamed of. Thatís a quality that defines you, Ichigo.

Ichigo: Ginjo, I owe you for this.
    Ginjo: Forget about it. I didnít show up to make you feel like you owe me. But truth is we canít afford to let you die. Besides, it would suck for us to have the door slammed shut on us because we didnít protect someone we were able to.

Child of Light Review:
    TOM: The console rat race moves fast, kids. Which is why sometimes, I like to thrown in a game that gets back to the basics.

Naruto Shippuden #23:
    Sasori: Take away all of their puppets, and even the greatest masters are nothing.

Sakura: Itís true, I might not be rigged up with a bunch of fancy weapons like some of these puppetsÖ but the unbending spirit of my teacher has been drilled into me!

One Piece #257:
    Zoro: Hey, Luffy.
    Luffy: Yeah, I know what youíre thinking. That waveís asking for it, huh?

Sanji: Why are you crying?
    Franky: Iím not crying! You are!
    Sanji: *big sweatdrop*

Sanji and Franky: Who the hell are you?!
    Sniper King: Your friend told me everything. I understand that you are here to rescue a certain madameoiselle. That alone is reason enough for me to join your cause. My weapons are at your disposal! My name isÖ Sniper King!

Blue Exorcist #16:
    Suguro: The lady really knows her stuff. Hell, this chickís gonna be the next one to leave her mark on the world.
    Yoshikuni: Who are you calling ďchick,Ē you poseur?!
    Suguro: Watch it!
    Shima: Bonís been put in his place!

Suguro: In the middle of class, he tells me he wants to be an exorcist so he can kick Satanís ass! And heís the frickiní son of Satan! I never heard anything so twisted in my life. So if he dies before I can ask him what he meant, Iíll be pissed!

Mephisto: Who would like to bet on whether Rin Okumura becomes the savior of Assiah, or he becomes the Demon King of Gehenna? Wouldnít you like to see the outcome with your very own eyes?

Black Lagoon #12:
    Revy: Whatís the problem? Let me guess Ė it feels so good, you canít pull the trigger.
    Shenhua: Men know much about stabbing, but no get stab much themselves. I do for them!

Revy: Rocky baby, youíve been a good boy? If you promise to behave yourself a little bit longer, sweetie-pie, Iíll even buy you some cotton candy. So, weíre leaving now.
    Shenhua: Oh! Is he dumb-ass you talking about?
    Rock: Who the hell is she?

Leigharch: Jimi Hendrix is calling me back! He got my message! He wants me to defeat the Klingons ASAP! C-C-CAPTAIN PICAAARD!

Beward the Batman #5:
    Alfred: Oh, sorry my dear. Rule of thumb. Never sneak up on an old spy while heís making a sandwich.

Batman: Computer, last known address of Humpty Dumpty.
    Computer: A wall.
    Batman: Iíll rephrase. Last known address of Humphrey Dumpler, a.k.a. Humpty Dumpty.

Gordon: Why would Humpty Dumpty do that? Just let them all go?
    Batman: Humptyís broken, but that doesnít make him pure evil.
    Gordon: Lovely. You get that from your ostume vigilante Book of Proverbs?
    Batman: He lost the battle, and heís walking away honorably. But something tells me the war is far from over.

Samurai Jack #19:
    Father: Dry your tears, my son,for nothing worth having is easily attained. Sometimes you must fight for what is yours and what you believe in. Remember, my son, it is not oneís outward brawn, but rather oneís inner strength that makes them mighty.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars #2.20:
    Intro: Who my father was matters less than my memory of him.

Aura: You boys look lost. Congratulations, Boba. A job well done.
    Jax: His nameís not Boba, heís Lucky.
    Aura: Lucky? Thatís a good one.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

PokeNirvash is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Leigharch: "WHAT!? My application to the Black Panthers was denied AGAIN!?"

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alongside the March polls going up this week, I'm catching up with the June polls! Incidentally, they'll actually correspond with one another, as the same Space Dandy episodes aired on each night for each pair.

This poll is now up!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!