Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Nobodyman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    And that my friends is where this series should have ended. But no, Kubo felt the need to drag it out even further with two utterly pointless arcs (thankfully only one of which was animated) that add practically nothing to the series.

Oh yeah, and Gold Guy and Hypeathon. Sorry guys, but no, the next arc to come is absolute dreck. I mean, if you guys still like the goofy action and characters and faux tension and all, then fine, but the writing for the next arc is just HORRIBLE and it makes NO sense. And I will be more than happy to illustrate it for you as we progress through it.

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, I thought you'd like it. The stakes for that arc were more personal, and the fights don't drag.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feel them non-canon shippy feels :3

Ichigo was looking up at the sky when Rukia could've been just...still standing in front of him...and Uryu and them would've been looking at Ichigo like he's crazy.

Rukia will be watching you sleep Ichigo.
    "The Pen is your Sword, the Page is the Monster. Stories are the Blood that comes out."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    Wow, I thought you'd like it. The stakes for that arc were more personal, and the fights don't drag.
    Personal maybe, but...the way it's done is just so dumb. Also, I've long since stopped caring about most of these characters.

Also, one thing I'll admit to before the arc starts is that I haven't the anime adaptation of it. From what I understand, the anime does add a few things to fix some of story problems, but whatever they are they can't be enough to fix the fundamental problems with that arc.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Oh yeah, and Gold Guy and Hypeathon. Sorry guys, but no, ...
    We've had this talk already!

The arc sincerely never bothered me much. And anyway, whatever problems you had (aside from those blog posts you posted a while ago) with the next arc that I would've noticed, I never found as bad as a supposedly big battle between two supernatural races that besides being dragged for literally 100 episdes, they were dragged through 1-on-1 fights where the majority of them were either full of characters you never fully emphasized with and just pointlessly bickered at each other or had enemies who kept pulling tricks out from where the sun doesn't shine with no foreshadowing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman
    And I will be more than happy to illustrate it for you as we progress through it.
    Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay so this is the end of the arc, this is also the last we see of Kon, I am sure are happy about that. Till next week, when we move forward in time and being a new arc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    We've had this talk already!
    Then I guess we have nothing to discuss.

I never found as bad as a supposedly big battle between two supernatural races that besides being dragged for literally 100 episdes, they were dragged through 1-on-1 fights where the majority of them were either full of characters you never fully emphasized with and just pointlessly bickered at each other or had enemies who kept pulling tricks out from where the sun doesn't shine with no foreshadowing at all.
    Oh yeah, not denying the Arrancar battles were dragged out as hell, but the next arc is just bats**t insanity of inconsistent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Yeah, thanks but no thanks.
    Too bad, I will anyway. Not for you, but because I want to.

Rynnec is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    And that my friends is where this series should have ended. But no, Kubo felt the need to drag it out even further with two utterly pointless arcs (thankfully only one of which was animated) that add practically nothing to the series.

Oh yeah, and Gold Guy and Hypeathon. Sorry guys, but no, the next arc to come is absolute dreck. I mean, if you guys still like the goofy action and characters and faux tension and all, then fine, but the writing for the next arc is just HORRIBLE and it makes NO sense. And I will be more than happy to illustrate it for you as we progress through it.
    I think the only reason Bleach is still going on is because Kubo set up too many mysteries and questions that were left unanswered by the end of the Arrancar arc. Of course there are much better ways he could've wrapped up those lose ends.
    Currently Watching: Darker Than Black

Currently Reading: Tsukihime, Mahou Sensei Negima, Hayate Cross Blade

Currently Playing: No More Heroes, Skyward Sword, Persona 4

Radical is online now Epic Devious Troll
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Episode 342 was pretty sweet/heartwarming,

The highlights:
    I loved Kon's major role in the Invading Army filler arc.
    I'll miss Nozomi/Kageroza who're my favorite awesome filler characters and I thank Kageroza for attacking Old Fart Genryusai as much as he sucks next to Jinta, Central 46, Toshiro, and Ririn.
    Nice to see Zennosuke, he's great/funny.
    Ichigo messing up his name with "Imoyama" on Zennosuke, hahahahahahaha.
    Poor Ichigo's spiritual powers/Reiatsu fading away.
    I love Uryu, best awesome anti-hero next to Yusuke/Kazuma/Hiei, Marlene Angel, Satella Harvenheit, and Lelouch/C.C./Suzaku, Derek Prince did him awesome throughout the series.
    Ichigo taking Rukia ice skating with his friends was sweet/nice.
    Another peaceful moment ruined by a Hollow attack, poor Ichigo/his friends can't catch a break.
    From Ichigo, a nice way to destroy the powerful large Hollow.
    Poor Ichigo knows about his spiritual powers/Reiatsu fading away.
    Ichigo/Rukia's farewells/goodbyes was sweet,sad, and touching.
    Shinigami Illustrated Picturebook: Ichigo/Yuzu breaking the 4th wall for the next episode was funny, I love Yuzu's adorable Japanese voice.

I can't wait for the next upcoming cool arc after the sweet Invading Army filler arc.
    I hope to see Visoreds and Ganju/Kukaku return pretty soon as much as they're awesome, but Tite Kubo loves having the Soul Reapers steal the show though.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-30-2014 at 02:49 PM.

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IchiRuki4Evar!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345