toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [4/19]

Like This Thread!
    Once again, it's time for Toonami: LINE OF THE NIGHT! A weekly tradition going back about 10 years, you can submit your favorite quotes from the shows playing on Toonami. Then we run it through our trusty poll generator, and a selection of quotes will be posted by the end of the week for you to vote on!

A few rules:
    1. Please be sure to list what show and character you're quoting from.
    2. I'm going to start being a bit more conscious about the lengths of the quotes. So, a warning that I might shorten some of the submitted lines if I feel they're too long.
    3. Just to be fair to newer material on the block, if an episode has aired on Toonami within the past 12 months, lines for that show can't be submitted. This week, this applies to: Space Dandy, IGPX, Sym-Bionic Titan

This week's schedule:

11:30pm - Space Dandy - 3: "Occasionally Even the Deceiver is Deceived, Baby"
    12am - Bleach - 341: "Invading Army Arc, Final Conclusion!" (PREMIERE)
    12:30am - Naruto Shippuden - 16: "Secret of Jinchuriki" (PREMIERE)
    1am - One Piece - 250: "End of the Legendary Man! The Day the Sea Train Cried!" (PREMIERE)
    1:30am - Blue Exorcist - 9: "Memories" (PREMIERE)
    2am - Black Lagoon - 5: "Eagle Hunting and Hunting Eagles" (PREMIERE)
    2:30am - Naruto - 16: "Broken Seal"
    3am - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 24: "Annihilation"
    3:30am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9: "Created Feelings"
    4am - Samurai Jack - 12: "Jack and the Gangsters" (PREMIERE)
    4:30am - IGPX - 25: "Hostile Contradiction"
    5am - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 35: "Voyage of Temptation" (PREMIERE)
    5:30am - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7: "Showdown and Sherman High"
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

animePWNS is offline Season 2, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quite a cool dialogue between Revy and Rock. Too bad I had to shorten it.
    Spoiler:

Toonami Intro:
    TOM: Man, just two more weeks ‘til Attack on Titan.
    Sara: I can hardly wait.
    TOM: What do you think we should we do ‘til then?
    Sara: Well, I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.
    TOM: And you’re all out of bubblegum?
    Sara: You know it.

Bleach #341:
    Ichigo: Stop fighting this pointless battle! You’ve lost, Kageroza!
    Kageroza: So you think that I’ve lost, huh? So this is pointless? I’ll show you you’re dead wrong! If I’m going to lose this body…then I will destroy EVERYTHING!!

Nozomi: We found out we weren’t strong. Nor were we weak. There was no hatred, no anger. Only that, all this time, we were just…alone.

Nozomi: All this time, I couldn’t’ hear it, but now I can hear it. The voice of my soul, deep inside me. Can you hear it, Kon?
    Kon: No, I can’t hear what’s deep inside of you. But I know if you let me put my ear to your breast, I could try to hear it.
    Nozomi: You really are a pervert, you know that?
    Kon: Well pardon me for liking you! Please don’t forget.
    Nozomi: I won’t forget. After all, we’ll always be… *fades away*
    Kon: …real friends, always and forever.

Naruto Shippuden #16:
    Sakura: All right then, how are the Tailed Beasts extracted?
    Chiyo: A couple of things are needed: a sealing jutsu strong enough to counter-balance the Tailed Beast’s power, and a lot of time. But were things to reach that point, then the Jinchuriki…
    Sakura: You don’t mean…
    Chiyo: That’s right, dear. Once the Tailed Beast is extracted…they die.

Kankuro: Look, I get it. It’s just that… just that… this is Gaara. He’s… he’s my little brother.

One Piece #250:
    Tom: When a ship is built, no matter what type, it’s neither good nor evil. I don’t care what kind of ships you choose to make for the rest of your life. Remember, even if the ships you build hurt someone, even if they destroy the world, even if no one else does, their creator must love them unconditionally! The one who made them must never deny them! Don’t place the blame on the ships! YOU MUST BE PROUD OF EVERY SHIP YOU EVER CREATED!

Tom: Look around you. Even if I’m charged with a crime from 14 years ago, nothing else about this town is the same now as it was back then. This island is alive and strong. This is only the beginning. No matter what ends up happening to me, I was still able to help this town. My dream has finally begun to run.

Franky: Tom, I don’t want to build ships anymore. I can’t love ships that hurt the people I care so much about. I won’t do it! Evenso, my golden life…is to be just like you! Come back! Come back and teach me once again! ‘Cause someday, I want to build my own dream ship! A ship that will proudly sail, bravely over uncharted waters all the way to the ends of the world!

Blue Exorcist #9:
    Suguro (to Kamiki): You need to cut yourself some slack there. You stepped up, not like those guys. They just sat around! You got anything to say for yourselves?! Huh?!
    Yamada: Oh sweet, I just scored myself a dragon claw.
    Takara (puppet): Hah! Why don’t ya shut your pie-hole! We don’t have anything to say to a bunch of whiny brats like you!
    Rin: Whoa, they talked! They’ve been mysterious since the first day! And that guy rocks at ventriloquism!

Rin: Uh-huh! It’s like, I don’t look it, but I’ve got this certain mistake about me!
    Shima: Hahaha, you just said “mistake”!
    Rin: Huh? Oh, I mean “mesquite”, “miskoot!”
    Sugura: It’s “mystique”, you dumbass.

Noihaus: I won’t forgive Satan, or any demon I come across! And that goes for the Son of Satan as well! I’m going to kill you…EVEN IF IT MEANS I DIE DOING IT!
    Rin: Did that make you feel any better? If you think you’re still not satisfied, I can handle more. I’m used to it. Pick the time, and I’ll be there waiting for you. But you gotta promise me…THAT YOU WON’T DRAG INNOCENT PEOPLE INTO IT AGAIN!

Black Lagoon #5:
    Benny: Hey hey hey. Get a load of this, I think they’re holding a little concert. Some Nazi marching song.
    Dutch: Yeah, I hear ‘em. You start with some random, useless guy, put him on a podium, give him some power, and next thing you know, you got a march-loving ego-tripping fool on your hands. Same s*** as always. And you? What do you think as a white man, Benny-boy?
    Benny: That kind of machismo doesn’t agree with me. Besides, don’t forget, I’m Jewish. “F*** the Nazis” is a family creed.

Revy: Yeah, I believed in God right up until that night the cops beat the hell out of me for no reason at all. All they saw when they looked at me was another little ghetto rat with no power and no God. What's left for a poor little Chinese b***h to rely on? It's money, of course, and guns. F***in' A. With these two things, the world's a great place.

Revy: Nothing’s worse than being treated like some whore by your companions. I’ll say this once: the next time you decide you’re gonna tell me what’s proper, you’ll no longer be one of us. When that happens…I’m gonna kill you.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #24:
    Motoko: The last thing the Chief said was for us to survive, no matter what. And I have to agree with him. From here, we’ll go off in three directions in order to split up our pursuers. After that, we go to ground in the city and go our separate ways. Security Section 9 is now disbanded. That is all.

Batou: Hell, this is my own life. How I decide to waste it is my own damn business.

Samurai Jack #12:
    Boss: You know, we could use a guy like you.
    Jack: “We”?
    Boss: Me and the boys, see? Stitches, Mr. Shine, Mr. Pibbles, and Knuckles
    Pibbles: Yeah well actually, my-my real name is Joe.
    *WHACK!*
    Knuckles: Mr. Pibbles!

Pibbles: Uh, what the heck is goin’ on, man?
    Aku: You will not defeat me so easily!
    Jack: Yes, it won’t be easy, but it will be worth the effort!

Boss: Hey, what’s all this about anyway? You got some kind of death wish or something?
    Jack: No! You don’t understand! I have deceived you.
    Pibbles: Hey, you mean, uh, you ain’t one of us, man?
    Jack: No, you are criminals! It is not honorable! You see, long ago, this land was good, its people honest. But then, Aku came… it does not matter. My quest continues. I am sorry about my deception, but it had to be done.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars #2.13:
    Intro: Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.

Anakin: I’ll take care of this, Obi Wan. You go find your girlfriend.
    Obi Wan: Right. But – no! Anakin, she’s not my—!

Satine: Obi-Wan, it looks like I may never see you again. I don’t know quite how to say this, but I’ve loved you from the moment you came to my aid all those years ago.
    Merrik: I don’t believe this.
    Obi-Wan: Satine, this is hardly the time or place for… all right. Had you said the word, I would have left the Jedi Order.
    Merrik: That is touching. Truly, it is. But it’s making me sick! And we really must be going.
    Satine: You have the romantic soul of a slug, Merrik! And slugs are so often trod upon!
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts