Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I'd pass on Blood Lad but Gargantia is next to Tiger & Bunny for other Viz anime I want on the block, at some point. The problem is and has always been a lack of a room on the block. Heck, now we will have a legitimate premiere at 2:30am because of it.

Ahh, but yes. The hope of when Bleach ends...

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering that it going to air at 11:30 and the first show on the block tends to get the best viewers ratings, what do you think this will do to Attack on Titan's already massive popularity?

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
    Considering that it going to air at 11:30 and the first show on the block tends to get the best viewers ratings, what do you think this will do to Attack on Titan's already massive popularity?
    Well Volume 1 is already the highest selling single volume of any manga in the US. Might double Toonami's ratings in general.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They would probably consider it a resounding success if it can regularly beat it's Boondocks lead-in or even just kept up with it.

Doubling the ratings? That's no easy task. Very few shows are capable of getting 2 million viewers on the Adult Swim Saturday line-up. Basically just MacFarlane reruns and very rarely a episode of The Boondocks.

Space Dandy has been averaging 0.6 with 18-49 for the most part, I'd like to see Attack on Titan do that or even get 0.7 or 0.8 regardless of what The Boondocks brings in before it. That's much more important than viewers 2+ total being 1.6 million or higher but sometimes those can go hand in hand.

I think it could very well best Space Dandy's 11:30 ratings and those were pretty fantastic most weeks.

Beyond just one show doing well, I'm hoping for an overall uptick in Toonami demographic ratings with the addition of Attack on Titan. Recently there was a night when Black Lagoon and OG Naruto got 0.4 18-49. I'd like to see all the 1AM-3AM premieres score higher than 0.4 and all the reruns manage close to 0.4. A reasonable expectation for that would be for the post 3AM shows to get above 600,000 viewers 2+ regularly again and occasionally do even better than that.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey D Goku View Post
    **** attack on titan that show pushed one piece's timeslot.
    Actually i'd blame Space Dandy for that. Attack on titan is just taking Dandy's place, but for some reason, instead of space dandy being dropped or pushed into the late hours like other shows, it gets to stay in the early hours and push everyone but bleach backward as a result. Though I am bugged that Attack on titan gets to premiere at the head of the block, instead of the tail end of the premiere shows like the others. Attack on Titan gets 11:30, but Blue Exorcists Black Lagoon are stuck at 2:00 am... kinda of unfair treatment right there. Though the shounen shows are party to blame since part of the reason Toonami does it is because they don't want to interfere with their timeslots too much.

I liked Space Dandy, but it bugs me that its reruns are kind of holding up shows with NEW episodes and content; it really bugs me that black lagoon is pushed all the way back to 2:30. Also not sure what that might do to the ratings; Space dandy got solid ratings, but I would doubt that the reruns will be as good as the premieres were. Bleach, Naruto and One piece have good ratings synergy in that they are able to keep up the ratings between them pretty well; slapping reruns of dandy in the middle might mess with that. Though so far the reruns have been doing well, so that fear could be unfounded

Still, I'd rather they push space dandy to the late night until July when they begin airing new episodes again. Though ideally, I would want toonami to just continue to eat away at adult swim so that it can start earlier in the night.

Mohji is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am thinking that once Space Dandy returns with new episodes in July, that might be Toonami's best bet to push for an 11pm expansion. It will, of course, depend on how well Titan does in the ratings - but by all indications, it seems like this could be Toonami's biggest show yet. Especially considering it will premiere before the DVD releases, this could be a huge success. This is definitely their most packed lineup to date, and with the highest ratings potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    If The Walking Dead can get away with a TV-14, so can Attack on Titan. If needed the show could switch between ratings depending on the episode.
    The Walking Dead is TV-MA now

The Master C is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Goodbye, Viva Namida. We hardly knew ye. Hello, Guren no Yumiya, and to the 30-second Space Dandy opening, welcome back.

So I guess this means we can call Toonami the Titan sandwich block now.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Actually i'd blame Space Dandy for that. Attack on titan is just taking Dandy's place, but for some reason, instead of space dandy being dropped or pushed into the late hours like other shows, it gets to stay in the early hours and push everyone but bleach backward as a result. Though I am bugged that Attack on titan gets to premiere at the head of the block, instead of the tail end of the premiere shows like the others. Attack on Titan gets 11:30, but Blue Exorcists Black Lagoon are stuck at 2:00 am... kinda of unfair treatment right there. Though the shounen shows are party to blame since part of the reason Toonami does it is because they don't want to interfere with their timeslots too much.

I liked Space Dandy, but it bugs me that its reruns are kind of holding up shows with NEW episodes and content; it really bugs me that black lagoon is pushed all the way back to 2:30. Also not sure what that might do to the ratings; Space dandy got solid ratings, but I would doubt that the reruns will be as good as the premieres were. Bleach, Naruto and One piece have good ratings synergy in that they are able to keep up the ratings between them pretty well; slapping reruns of dandy in the middle might mess with that. Though so far the reruns have been doing well, so that fear could be unfounded

Still, I'd rather they push space dandy to the late night until July when they begin airing new episodes again. Though ideally, I would want toonami to just continue to eat away at adult swim so that it can start earlier in the night.
    Not all shows are created equal and more to the point, not all shows cost the same.

I'll admit I'm surprised Attack on Titan is getting 11:30 from the get go,though it was always my hope and it has a lot of cross-over potential with the general audience so that is the best place they can air it baring getting 11pm.

Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon were much less expensive to pick-up without a doubt. They'll probably do well at 2AM and while it does seem rough on them it gives Toonami a better chance at higher ratings in the 2AM hour to have premieres there. Beware the Batman is even worse off getting 3AM but it was a freebie so it takes even lower priority than Black and Blue.

Space Dandy is not getting tossed to a post-premiere slot because they don't want the viewers to forget about it when it will only be a few months until new episodes start. While Shippuden, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon and Beware the Batman are all new episodes to the block but all those episodes have aired on US television before or have been on home video in the US already. Space Dandy's second run is essentially no less new than they are when you think about it. On the other hand Attack on Titan and Bleach will be dub premieres not already aired anywhere or on DVD this May so having them as the first two shows actually seems fair.

It sure would be nice to get 11pm in July. If not then they either have to premiere Space Dandy season 2 at 12:30 (which hardly seems like the appropriate time slot for a world premiere that has yet to even air in Japan) or shuffle the front line-up again.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456