toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who else thinks Dr.Girlfriend voice is kind of arousing

Like This Thread!
    Its funny back in season 1 found her voice to be terrifying and after a few year I got used to it, now I found it the be part of what makes her attractive maybe it the dialouge, tone, or the character herself but I find the vouce to be sexy

Thoughts
    Endless Summer

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There are probably a bunch of people who think that on here, but they're too shy to say it. I'm not one of them. In real life, it's an ugly voice whether from a girl or a guy.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite quip about Dr. Girlfriend's voice was one by Jefferson Twilight: "Do you smoke cigarettes, or eat 'em?"
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

The Talon is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Isn't that a running joke in The Venture Bros? That the hottest chicks are the ones with the deepest voices (Dr. Girlfriend, Tatyana, etc)?

Moto Pete is offline Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Voice....... No
    2008, 2010 & 2011 TOONZONE FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION
    Owner: Moto Pete

****** Now 2009 Guidelines compliant ****

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That the hottest chicks are the ones with the deepest voices (Dr. Girlfriend, Tatyana, etc)?
    We haven't heard Tatyana's real voice though. The appearance of her in "The Better Man" wasn't her, but the Master changed into her and though the Master can look like however he wants be it three headed dog, horse, older Dean Venture or Santa, he always has the same low Jon Benjamin voice. In Tatyana's real appearances (like the season 4 finale "Operation Prom" or the Halloween ep) she never actually talked so we don't know what her real voice is. For all we know she could have a normal voice. And honestly I can't think of any other really hot characters on the show that have manish voices. Sally Impossible and Molotov Cocktease and Triana and Nikki Fictel are all attractive characters with distinctly female voices that aren't deep. I guess Molotov's accent is deep but it doesn't make her voice any less appealing. Really Doctor Girlfriend is the sole exception to this.

And though I wouldn't consider it arousing or anything, I have to say I actually have gotten use to it. Which in season one was not the case as it did grate on me a lot whenever she talked due to finding it so jarring. And I got the joke and everything but found it more distracting then funny. By season two I started getting use to it and not minding it so much and when they started joking that people either thought she was a guy because of her voice or her voice was considered odd even by the show's standards, I started appreciating the joke and the tone more. And the fact Doc Hammer actually was able to do some good emotion using that voice and they started giving her more of a personality. It works and it fits and doesn't take away from the character but that sitll doesn't make her more arousing or anything. At least to me anyway.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll have to do some detailed studies on the topic before I can give a scientific answer, but for the moment, I'll just go with: yes. It is.
    ~_~