toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Blue Exorcist - "The Devil Resides in Human Souls" [2/22] [SERIES PREMIERE]

Like This Thread!
    All right, since no one has done it, I'll do it for this week.

Tonight begins a new show on Toonami. You may have already seen it, as it streamed as it aired in Japan, and then ran in 2012 on the Neon Alley streaming service in dub format. One of the hottest new names in shonen anime and manga, and perhaps the biggest hit in Jump Square, Toonami presents Blue Exorcist.

Opening 1: "Core Pride" by UVERworld
    Ending 1: "Take Off" by 2PM

Summary for episode 1:

Spoiler:
    Rin Okumura is an ordinary boy with a tendency to get himself into trouble. He tries to live up to the expectations of his twin brother Yukio and Head Priest (and father figure) Shiro Fujimoto, but can never quite match them. However, today, Rin is going to learn the truth behind his mysterious origins, but it may come at a hellish price . . .

No spoilers: No talk of future arcs, events, etc! All spoiler talk must be taken to the anime forum or through pm! Please have respect for all new viewers or else Satan himself will be coming for YOU.

Enjoy the episode. Sleep is always for the weak.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey, hey, fellow people who complain about shows. I have some sad news. As you may have already heard, Blue Exorcist will be airing on Toonami. Or, as you may have seen me calling it for the past few weeks, Generic: the anime. Truly, this is one of the most boring shows to come out in very recent memory. With its bland UVERworld OP, to its bland characters that feel like they’ve been pulled straight out of TVTropes, it’s a surprise that this managed to get twenty-five episodes.

Okay, enough with that. This show is boring. It’s dull. Think Moribito with slightly more action. Or Kekkaishi with slightly more devil references. Nothing about this series stands out from anything else in its shounen-y zone. It’s not a bad show, it’s just really boring. The first two episodes make you think that it might be different but beware! It’s just a lie and it all goes away and you’re left wondering, “Why did I watch this? Am I a masochist?”

I know what you’re thinking: “Bah, what does Lambda know? She hates everything!” True, but this show is something I gave a chance to! When I dropped it at episode 8, I was told “You’re not missing much from the ending, trust me.”

Take my advice and do not watch this show. It’s not bad, but it’s boring (which is worse than bad imo). You might even accidentally fall asleep and miss Black Lagoon. This show isn’t riffing material like Sword Art Online or good like, um, [insert a good show here]. It’s just blah. People have recommended reading the manga. I’m not going to do that, but I’ll recommend reading it just so you don't watch the show.

That said: dropped.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdadelta View Post
    Hey, hey, fellow people who complain about shows. I have some sad news. As you may have already heard, Blue Exorcist will be airing on Toonami. Or, as you may have seen me calling it for the past few weeks, Generic: the anime. Truly, this is one of the most boring shows to come out in very recent memory. With its bland UVERworld OP, to its bland characters that feel like they’ve been pulled straight out of TVTropes, it’s a surprise that this managed to get twenty-five episodes.

Okay, enough with that. This show is boring. It’s dull. Think Moribito with slightly more action. Or Kekkaishi with slightly more devil references. Nothing about this series stands out from anything else in its shounen-y zone. It’s not a bad show, it’s just really boring. The first two episodes make you think that it might be different but beware! It’s just a lie and it all goes away and you’re left wondering, “Why did I watch this? Am I a masochist?”

I know what you’re thinking: “Bah, what does Lambda know? She hates everything!” True, but this show is something I gave a chance to! When I dropped it at episode 8, I was told “You’re not missing much from the ending, trust me.”

Take my advice and do not watch this show. It’s not bad, but it’s boring (which is worse than bad imo). You might even accidentally fall asleep and miss Black Lagoon. This show isn’t riffing material like Sword Art Online or good like, um, [insert a good show here]. It’s just blah. People have recommended reading the manga. I’m not going to do that, but I’ll recommend reading it just so you don't watch the show.

That said: dropped.
    Weirdly enough I remembered seeing a lot of fanart from deviantart but for some reason it stopped. It was one of the fastest drawing fad I ever remembered and judging from the episodes I seen I can see why and wondering why toonami wont get Baccano. Off topic what do you think of Fairy Tail more or less generic than Blue Exorcist
    NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd rather sit through all of Blue Exorcist twice than watch an episode of Fairy Tail. I'd take generic shounen over bad shounen.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    Off topic what do you think of Fairy Tail more or less generic than Blue Exorcist
    Generic is generic. Hard to be more generic than something else.

That said... this show bored the frack out of me when I tried watching it the last time. I won't be doing talkbacks for it.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdadelta View Post
    Okay, enough with that. This show is boring. It’s dull. Think Moribito with slightly more action.
    Actually, Moribito is a good show (yeah yeah, I know. My opinion, your opinion).

I know what you’re thinking: “Bah, what does Lambda know? She hates everything!”
    Actually I was thinking, "Holy crap! Lambda's a girl?!"

Gatomon41 is offline Digital Cat Rabbit Thing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'm a sucker for Church Militants, being a fan of Chrono Crusade and Warrior Nun Areala. Time to take on Generic: The Anime!

... I wonder if that was the original title of White Wolf's EXALTED RPG.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey. I liked Moribito.

Well, Sword Art Online wasn't all that terrible...apart from the defiled soul, the unclean eyeballs, and the notion that human beings are soulless, sadistic, inherently evil monsters with no redeeming values whatsoever. Hopefully Blue Exorcist will be an improvement on the lineup.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gatomon41 is offline Digital Cat Rabbit Thing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    Its not as bad as Sword Art. IT IS about as bad as Pilot Candidate though.
    You mean the anime whose plot sounds so convoluted with technobabble and was cancelled before it could get done?
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast