toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Should toonami return to weekday midnight run and rising sun and weekday afternoons ?

Like This Thread!
    should toonami do this or should they not??

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Weekday midnight run = Maybe, if Adult Swim would be nice enough to let Toonami air on other days beyond just Saturday. The chances are veeeeerrrrrrrry slim, though.

Weekday afternoons = Not happening. Toonami has more creative freedom than ever before; the last thing we need is for anime to be extra-censored and aimed toward the kiddy demographic. (Remember how badly Toonami's shows had turned out after its tenth anniversary? Do we really want CN to meddle with the programming again?)

Rising Sun = Again, no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    should the midnight run return with it's own exclusive shows and line-up? if they do it then i would be very very happy

dragonzatch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As much as I would love to see Toonami be the major part of Cartoon Network it once was (I'm too young to remember it, other then a Naruto movie and The Prince of Tennis, but I wish I remembered more), it was a different time when Toonami was on all the time. The late 90's/early 2000's were the anime boom. Think about it; channels like G4 were airing anime, there were anime boxsets in Wal-Mart, more libraries were getting manga, Borders was selling manga like hotcakes, and we even had a 24/7 anime channel (which was on more providers then FUNimation's is currently).

I don't know if there's really an appeal for kids and Toonami anymore. I'm 13 and in middle school and there are very few anime fans, and the ones I do know are into Naruto or yaoi. And the real anime fans who turned to Toonami for their fix have seen the show months before fansubbed in 1080p. There just isn't enough potential for ratings to expand Toonami any earlier.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    the last thing we need is for anime to be extra-censored and aimed toward the kiddy demographic.
    Censorship aside, this is different from the hours of 12-1:30 HOW?

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    Censorship aside, this is different from the hours of 12-1:30 HOW?
    Would you like to see Bakugan on Toonami again?

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classictoonami View Post
    should toonami do this or should they not??
    Yeah, sure. There's never enough shounen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i think he means am

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    Would you like to see Bakugan on Toonami again?
    I already have Shippuden. That's depressing enough as it is.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A Midnight Run would be nice and it could happen if Adult Swim would be willing to give them hours that weren't on Saturday. It's a pretty slim chance at best, but it's at least possible. Going back to weekdays would also mean airing on Cartoon Network proper again and I don't think that would be good overall. Some people might have nostalgic memories of the block airing on weekday afternoons, but that was a different time. It was during the anime boom, Cartoon Network was willing to air more anime besides toyetic series and anime seemed pretty popular at the time. I don't know if many kids would be interesting in something like Toonami, especially when the block is mostly appealing to those who are more along the lines of Adult Swim's target audience.

Besides that, Cartoon Network has changed as well. They primarily air toyetic series and while I like most of them, they aren't too interested in airing any other kind of anime, so there's no way that they'd air more anime titles, especially when they prefer to use the afternoon slots for repeats of their own shows. Not to mention they'd lose the creative control that they currently have and the shows would have to aired edited. They also mentioned during one of their Q&A sessions, along with answering questions on air, that it isn't going to happen, so they're sticking with Adult Swim.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast