toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

C&C - Space Dandy - "The War of the Undies and Vests, Baby!" [2/8]

Like This Thread!

"Life comes at you fast, just like a raging current! I don't fight it! Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you're too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown! Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead, THE END! Now, going with the flow is where it's at. And that's...the dandy way to live."

Welcome to the sixth official talkback for the world premiere of Space Dandy, only on Toonami on Adult Swim at 11:30 PM EST. Last week we got a road trip (part of which was indeed IN SPACE!), space trains and heartwarming exploits. Hope you enjoyed that, because this time it's back to the business of endearingly inane hilarity! And the stakes have never been higher.

Dandy and Meow get stuck on a distant planet and trapped in an endless battle over wearing underwear.
    .......or not!

The Characters of Space Dandy

Dandy

Space Dandy is a dandy guy...in space! He operates on the scale of the universe and prides himself on "going with the flow", never worrying about the small details - details like the difficulty of saving a helpless little girl when you're possessing a stuffed penguin. That was pretty awesome. As a professional "alien hunter" Dandy tries to make a living traveling the universe, discovering new alien life for money. Or screwing it up and dying or going broke. Good thing this show laughs in the face of continuity, huh?

QT

One day, Dandy walked into a secondhand robot shop looking for a competent droid companion like R2-D2. What he walked out with was QT, a "glorified broom bot" and yet quite possibly the only crew member of the Aloha Oe with any common sense. Alas, between his outdated tech and Dandy's carefree lifestyle, QT seems fated to not be listened to or taken seriously. Will QT's day of triumph ever come? Hang in there, ya bucket of bolts!

Meow

A native of the planet Betelgeuse (and most definitely not a space cat), Meow has become Dandy's companion on his spacefaring adventures. If by "companion" we mean "moron who got Dandy's spaceship impounded because he was so dumb and lazy", that is. Is someone like this really reliable? Oh well.

Scarlet

By day Scarlet is an inspector at the space alien registration center Dandy works for, acknowledging the discovery of new life...or crushing the dreams of hapless fools who bring in common species. She's also a super competent fighter and hasn't really appeared in enough episodes. Drat.

Honey

She works at "Hooters in Space." That's it so far. Meh. Meh!

Professor Gel

A servant of the Gogol Empire, Professor Gel is quite possibly the space gorilla with the weirdest hair and the most inappropriate spaceship in the universe. With his minion Bea at his side, Gel chases Dandy across the universe, convinced he is a dangerous adversary. Despite possessing high intelligence and a fleet at his command though, he finds ways to fail spectacularly. It's apparently not easy being an evil genius.

Commodore Perry

The ruler of the mighty Gogol Empire, which is currently battling the Jaicro Empire in an epic war for control of the entire universe - not that this has much of anything to do with Dandy's escapades. For what reason does he order the pursuit of Space Dandy?
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I should start watching this series. [adult swim] usually picks up some awesome shows. Then again, I'm wondering if there will be more viewers or more hashtags during this episode of Space Dandy since Toonami is running a big promo stunt tonight for something next year.

While watching Space Dandy, we are being encouraged to swarm all of social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more. Toonami is looking to hold a new event- Intruder 2. Here's the breakdown from Toonami.

"Why are we telling you about this so early? Simple! WE NEED YOUR HELP. This weekend, we need every Toonami faithful to Tweet, FB post, Instagram, etc the hashtag, “#intruder2.” The level of interest you guys show will determine how BIG the story we get to tell is. This adventure is in YOUR HANDS. Let us know if you’re excited for THE INTRUDER: PART 2 by posting about it, talking about it, and making your excitement known to the world! TOM and Sara are about to have their greatest adventure yet… and we promise, Toonami will not be the same."

To read more on tonight's Social Media takeover, visit Toonami Brings Events Back in 2015 With Intruder 2, Help Make it Big | [adult swim] central
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

animePWNS is offline 1951-2014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A war over underwear? I get the feeling this might play out like a Monty Python sketch or The Butter Battle Book.
    Spoiler:
    With a similar ending to the latter.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The A.V. Club reviewed the first 5 episodes for their TV Review series. They have given the show a B+ so far: Space Dandy is more than Cowboy Bebop

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is rumored to be DARTH VADER'S FATHER.

He once flew into a BLACK HOLE...where he now owns a TIMESHARE.

He ALWAYS goes right to LUDICROUS SPEED.

He is the MOST INTERESTING MAN in the UNIVERSE.

SPACE DANDY
    "Stay
    DANDY, my Friends."

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

JShaggy is offline Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last time: How [Not] To Be a Fatherly Figure to a Child. Now I know how Spike Spiegel feels.

This time:Underwear? Really?

Something tells me this is going to feel like an Aqua Teen episode.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Previously on Space Dandy: What?! Emotional somberness in my Dandy?!

Tonight: Underwear War. Ah, that's more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
    Something tells me this is going to feel like an Aqua Teen episode.
    Hopefully it won't really too much on gross-out humor.

So, which is it people? Boxers or briefs?

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is cleaning not the Dandy way?

He cleaned his room 12 times in one day? AndI thought Death the Kid was anal.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

animePWNS is offline 1951-2014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now we're going for Eureka 7?
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A tiger rug? A tiger surfboard? Guess Dandy's got a thing for them.

Shoobie? Haven't heard that lingo since Rocket Power.

10,000 Year War? And we thought the Hundred Years War was a big deal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast