Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    Yeah, the whole Black Star sub-plot was pretty lame. Honestly, I don't hate Black Star, though; at the very least, his fights are fun to watch.
    The best parts about his fights are how he usually is beaten up pretty badly at some point. I'm sure that I'm suppose to care that he got injured, but since I hate him so much and his attitude throughout this episode basically reinforced why I find him so unlikable, seeing him lose was quite satisfying.

Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ouch, the Black Star hate is strong here. He can be obnoxious, but I don't want the guy dead. Besides, Stein isn't necessarily what I'd call a paragon of friendliness, but everyone still deals with him.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy-Fan92 View Post
    Ouch, the Black Star hate is strong here. He can be obnoxious, but I don't want the guy dead. Besides, Stein isn't necessarily what I'd call a paragon of friendliness, but everyone still deals with him.
    Stein isn't really friendly either and the whole cutting up people before was pretty creepy, but he's generally okay for me. His subplot with the madness did help to make him a bit more interesting, despite how much they dragged it on and how quickly it was resolved. Black Star has no redeeming quality in my opinion and I see no reason why I should cheer him on, especially in this fight in particular. He doesn't care about the madness affecting the world or trying to stop the villains. All he cares about is beating Mifune and surpassing god. He doesn't even care about using his skills to help people or anything like that that. If the flashbacks to his father are any indication, he's one step away from becoming a villain with this kind of attitude. If he had any likable qualities to him, I might care that he's so close to following his father's path, but he has none in my opinion and it isn't like he went from begin a kind character who got too caught up in trying to prove himself. He's always been like this. He's just way too obnoxious and arrogant for me to care about and he is an absolutely horrible character in my opinion.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456