toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    09MurphyM is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

3 episodes left.

09MurphyM is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    It wasn't meant to be. We all knew something was going to happen with Robin at some point.
    There is actually a very good reason why she is doing this.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a food-for-thought to bear in mind. Why would a woman have been given a 78-million berri bounty by the World Governnment at the age of 8?

Quote Originally Posted by 09MurphyM View Post
    You, I and Nobodyman already know why things are the way they are. It's everyone else that's kept in the dark.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    She illegally tped and distributed the One Piece Bowl, obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdadelta View Post
    She illegally tped and distributed the One Piece Bowl, obviously.

.......Sure, let's go with that.

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Here's a food-for-thought to bear in mind. Why would a woman have been given a 78-million berri bounty by the World Governnment at the age of 8?

You, I and Nobodyman already know why things are the way they are. It's everyone else that's kept in the dark.
    What's that converted? 10 dollars?
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    Luffy could have said "I don't were she's been for the past day or so, so I have to find her."
    I don't think that would've made a huge difference anyway. Luffy listened, gave an honest answer, Iceburg didn't like it and the moment he tried to shoot at Luffy, the conversation was done.

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First Usopp, now Robin. The Strawhats are just losing members all over.
    Spoiler:
    That is pretty much intentional, as one key thing that was being promoted in this arc when it came out in manga form is that the Strawhats were going to lose a member of its crew permanently. As such, the bits with Usopp and Robin leaving the crew for their own reasons is there to suggest that they may be the one who will no longer be part of the crew once the arc ends.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Luffy not believing that Robin was involved in the attempt to kill Iceburg wasn't too surprising. Despite Iceburg confirming it himself, he believes in his friends. I don't think that there was much more Luffy could have done with Iceburg either. He gave him an honest answer and I don't think that he would go searching for her just to bring her back to Iceburg. The whole city looking for them did make the situation more intense, especially when there's nowhere safe for them in the city and the storm is on its way.

Robin leaving the crew wasn't too shocking since she has been gone for awhile and had been involved with trying to kill Iceburg. While she was putting the blame on the Strawhats, it did seem like she genuinely didn't want that to happen and apologized for it. Sanji going after her showed a bit more of his caring side. It probably helps that they already lost Usopp and he didn't want to lose another friend. Poor Chopper already felt sad and they did seem like good friends in some of their interactions. Overall, it was a pretty good episode with a nice cliffhanger at the end. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Luffy not believing that Robin was involved in the attempt to kill Iceburg wasn't too surprising. Despite Iceburg confirming it himself, he believes in his friends. I don't think that there was much more Luffy could have done with Iceburg either. He gave him an honest answer and I don't think that he would go searching for her just to bring her back to Iceburg. The whole city looking for them did make the situation more intense, especially when there's nowhere safe for them in the city and the storm is on its way.
    Chaos within chaos. Multiple sides and a shadowy group trying to accomplish something. But what? Intriguing.

It's odd to see a show like One Piece manage to accomplish in compelling politics. All too often when people attempt intrigue, all they get is boring talks. What people want to see is the effects of political affairs, not the politics themselves.

Robin leaving the crew wasn't too shocking since she has been gone for awhile and had been involved with trying to kill Iceburg. While she was putting the blame on the Strawhats, it did seem like she genuinely didn't want that to happen and apologized for it. Sanji going after her showed a bit more of his caring side. It probably helps that they already lost Usopp and he didn't want to lose another friend. Poor Chopper already felt sad and they did seem like good friends in some of their interactions. Overall, it was a pretty good episode with a nice cliffhanger at the end. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.
    Really, I didn't find Robin's apology too genuine, not sounding sincere (though she was quite serious). Of course, it could either that I don't her character well enough, or it's the fact she put the assassination on her best pals and did nothing to clear it up. You just don't do that to your crew.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    Really, I didn't find Robin's apology too genuine, not sounding sincere (though she was quite serious). Of course, it could either that I don't her character well enough, or it's the fact she put the assassination on her best pals and did nothing to clear it up. You just don't do that to your crew.
    I could understand why you wouldn't think it didn't sound sincere since she was serious. I just got the impression that she was genuinely sorry for the crew taking the fall since she said that wasn't her intention. I'm not too sure that she could have done anything to clear it up. I guess she could have tried to explain to Iceburg or the press that she was the only Strawhat crew member involved with the murder attempt, but I doubt that would have really helped matters. No one would believe her since she is a pirate and they would still arrest the rest of the Strawhat crew, so trying to clear things up wouldn't have helped them. There's also a reason as to why she couldn't explain anything specific to them about her situation and why she went after Iceburg in the first place that should be cleared up in a few episodes.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The build-up goes a lot slower at the click of one episode a week. When I was originally watching this arc I was watching multiple episodes in one sitting. The mystery elements and crew interactions are two of the main reasons why Water 7 is still my favorite arc in One Piece. Startling revelations are coming.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Rex Kamex is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    things aren't always as they seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon
    wait until literally another 10 episodes (not Lambdadelta though. No offense to him, but I don't see him sticking to the show at all). And I PROMISE you, things will get increasingly.... cathartic.
    Quote Originally Posted by 09MurphyM
    Spoiler:
    So you know my background, I know the general idea of the Water Seven arc since I read the manga of it some while back, although I don't remember where every episode begins and ends in the storyline.

Anyway, all these quotes are based off of Robin's behavior... I understand people making posts defending the quality One Piece as a series, but as for making posts like this to defend Robin... I feel it's unnecessary. I'm pretty sure at this point in the story, it's fine and expected to have negative feelings toward Robin. I don't think there's a need to be concerned about having new viewers give Robin another chance, unless they, for some reason, want to drop the series based off of Robin's negative behavior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Spoiler:
    So you know my background, I know the general idea of the Water Seven arc since I read the manga of it some while back, although I don't remember where every episode begins and ends in the storyline.

Anyway, all these quotes are based off of Robin's behavior... I understand people making posts defending the quality One Piece as a series, but as for making posts like this to defend Robin... I feel it's unnecessary. I'm pretty sure at this point in the story, it's fine and expected to have negative feelings toward Robin. I don't think there's a need to be concerned about having new viewers give Robin another chance, unless they, for some reason, want to drop the series based off of Robin's negative behavior.
    Spoiler:
    That's definitely my exact concern, especially considering for all I know, some of these folks either haven't watched One Piece prior to it airing on Toonami since last year or have gotten a vague idea/memory of previous arcs prior. There have been people here criticizing the show left and right for various reasons, be Usopp's character or the Galley-La's behavior of silver Fox Foxy''s cheating methods during the Davy Back Fight or the filler episodes. And while I definitely understand where people come from with criticizing those points, I do ideally want them to be willing to trust in us ans a little and watch through enough of the show to at least see the parts that we praise in Water 7 and Enies Lobby right after. I'm just concerned that between all of the other issues the users here have towards the show, including Robin's behavior that they might be too quick to dismiss it. Although I see the idea of starting One Piece with episode 207+ in HD, I'm beginning to see one of the disadvantages to watching the show without prior thorough viewing of the show from episode 1.

Nobodyman keeps referring to the big part of Water 7 that comes in as of now 2 episodes and while I think that's a big thing, there's a few other major points beyond what will come in two episodes from now, especially if you've seen some story arcs prior. Having seen Water 7 for the first time only a year ago on the One Piece Official website, I can say I find the major points very pleasing. Now they may not wind up liking what they see once they get to some of the good stuff later on, and if they don't, then oh well. At least they gave it the good ol' college try, which is all I could ask for and would be more than understanding. I wish we could see the same attempt to give a damn with Naruto, but I know not everyone is a fan of the show and treats it as a tired joke. I don't agree with the criticisms, but I'm slowly learning where the critics themselves are coming from.

One other reason I defend Robin's character in particular is because I strongly feel two of the users here in the forum will admire her character if they sit through long enough. After seeing one of the two users sympathize with Amy's character from IGPX and Hinata's character from Naruto, I'd figured Robin would be a no-brainer.

*NOTE: Though I'm not exactly sure why I need to add spoiler tags to my post aside from the last paragraph, I'm just keeping it this way since you've added spoiler tags in yours.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3