Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Who here watches the full Toonami broadcast each week?

Like This Thread!
    Just curious. I don't have cable, but was at someone else's house and saw a commercial for the current Toonami lineup this Saturday. So I guess it starts at 11:30 PM EST (10:30 CST) and runs till 6 am in the morning. Anyone faithfully watch the entire broadcast each week?

I ask because the promo advertised re-runs of Inuyasha, Samurai Jack, Ghost in the Shell and Full Metal Alchemist. And I was like "Wow, are they really promoting re-runs of shows that haven't aired in 10 years?"

And I guess I'm just wondering if that's part of the appeal - is that last part of the Toonami line-up a "nostalgia" schedule for those who want to remember the glory days, or is it JUST filler? And does anyone stay up to actually watch the entire line-up? And if you do, is it because you enjoy those retro shows between 4 and 6 am?!?

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Of course not. You could've watched all of those shows way before Toonami came back.

Ghost in the Shell has been running on and off for years now and you can watch the whole thing for free on Hulu. Samurai Jack was airing on Boomerang at an earlier time for years now before moving to Toonami. FMA is free on Hulu, too. Brotherhood has been airing for a while now and Inuyasha has been there for years as well.

It's filler. The shows are good (except for Inuyasha), but still filler. I'd watch if they were on earlier.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I made it through once, back in 2013. I'm never doing it again because I was exhausted as hell the next day. But I wanted to say I did it once.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

ShamarDJ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've watched the full broadcast a few times but I work sunday mornings and i cant afford to lose to much sleep

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm smart i record every saturday.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classictoonami View Post
    I'm smart i record every saturday.
    Good point. Okay, so then you DO watch the full broadcast? (just at your own pace, not by staying up all night long)...

Quote Originally Posted by Lambdadelta
    Of course not. You could've watched all of those shows way before Toonami came back.

Ghost in the Shell has been running on and off for years now and you can watch the whole thing for free on Hulu. Samurai Jack was airing on Boomerang at an earlier time for years now before moving to Toonami. FMA is free on Hulu, too. Brotherhood has been airing for a while now and Inuyasha has been there for years as well.
    But if it's just filler, I guess I'm just wondering why the commercials even bother to tell you what's coming on at 5 am in the morning. Is there ANY other network out there that advertises what's coming on at 5 am in the morning?!?

It's filler. The shows are good (except for Inuyasha), but still filler. I'd watch if they were on earlier.
    So you're saying you'd watch it if it was on earlier...so IS there a market for JUST RE-RUN anime out there? I think they should have a channel somewhere that airs re-run anime in an earlier slot...I thought part of the appeal of the NEW Toonami was that it was airing re-runs...

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think that I watched the full broadcast back when Toonami was first revived, but that was also when it was shorter. I haven't stayed up to watch the full broadcast since they got more hours. Aside from Brotherhood, the shows on the later hours of the block aren't really appealing to me and certainly not enough to where I'd stay up later to watch them. Ghost in the Shell and Inyuasha have been on and off the air back on Adult Swim's lineup before Toonami came back and Brotherhood premiered under Adult Swim initially as well. They usually include all of their shows when they make a promo for the lineup, especially if they add anything new. I don't think that they promote any of the shows in the later hours individually.

If I had DVR, maybe I'd watch the full lineup later on when it wasn't so late just for the fun of it, but there would need to be more shows airing in the later hours that I'd want to actually watch and I've already seen all of Brotherhood.

MadMan400096 is offline Stealing Christmas
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No. Hell, the only show on the new Toonami I'm currently watching is Soul Eater. Neither Bleach or Naruto appeal to me, and while One Piece does, the buttload of episodes (even more than the rest of the big SJ titles) and the fact that it's still going has me sweating a bit. I've been uninterested in SAO since Day 1, and considering the comments I've seen, it seems I've made the right choice. As for Space Dandy, I'm waiting until it's finished so I can binge it later on, which is the norm for longer running shows for me nowadays (I know it won't be that long, but still). The rest are either unappealing to me or I can just watch them elsewhere.

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post

But if it's just filler, I guess I'm just wondering why the commercials even bother to tell you what's coming on at 5 am in the morning. Is there ANY other network out there that advertises what's coming on at 5 am in the morning?!?
    Toonami always promotes the whole lineup in their lineup promos. They do this so that people don't get confused by any changes, as the lineup updates very frequently and shows in the latter half of the block especially are moved around a lot. However, they never promote anything past 3am on the block individually, while the shows in the first 3.5 hours occasionally receive show-specific ones, because they are new or premiering shows.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    I thought part of the appeal of the NEW Toonami was that it was airing re-runs...
    No. The appeal of the new Toonami is that they are airing anime people want to see on tv or haven't been exposed to yet, make anime fun to watch as a social event on saturday nights, and otherwise give people something fun to talk and speculate about. The first 3 hours of the block are all premieres to at least the network, with Space Dandy being a WORLD premiere show. There are probably a lot of people who would like to see re-runs of classic titles, but most want to see good NEW shows, and that's what Toonami is striving to provide them.

Anyway, as for the question, I have taken the six hour challenge once. I can't say I remember exactly what episodes were on, though. It was mainly background noise as I read through and caught up with Attack on Titan. The only episode of the night I specifically remember is that filler episode of InuYasha where Myoga's wife possesses members of the gang to try and weed him out. I remember this because I found it amusing that the episode was more entertaining than anything in Attack on Titan past the Female Titan arc. ^^,

Otherwise, I have stayed up to various extents, but have never actively tried to watch all of Toonami. Last summer I only watched it for the One Piece and Soul Eater hour, though I've stayed up through 2:30am-3am since the Fairy Dance arc of SAO started to live-tweet on that trainwreck plus watch FLCL. I might actually might try doing the challenge again this saturday, since they are airing some notable episodes of a lot of shows on the lineup and I might have to stay up anyways, but such occasions aside, I'll probably never make a habit to watch all of the block every week.
    Aspiring Artist. Lover of Cartoons.

You can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, MyAnimeList, & Ask.com

Rynnec is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I "watch" all of Toonami, but only because I stay up that late as is. And even then I just leave the TV on as background noise.
    Currently Watching: Darker Than Black

Currently Reading: Tsukihime, Mahou Sensei Negima, Hayate Cross Blade

Currently Playing: No More Heroes, Skyward Sword, Persona 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast