toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

EXPANSION: Adult Swim Takes the 8pm Hour Starting March 31st!

Like This Thread!
    Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/bu...expanding.html

On Tuesday, the network will announce that it is adding another hour of programming to its schedule, moving further backward into prime time. Starting March 31, Adult Swim "a mix of animated and live-action shows, replete with the kind of irreverent humor that has been the stock-in-trade of late-night television for half a century" will offer programming from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day. It is claiming that hour from the Cartoon Network, which occupies the same channel space in the daytime hours and is also owned by Turner Broadcasting.

In explaining the move, Stuart Snyder, the president of Animation, Young Adults and Kids Media for Turner Broadcasting, said the time was right for the additional hour "coming off a record-setting ratings year in 2013." Not to mention the "increasing demand we are receiving from advertisers," he said.

The plan for the 8 p.m. hour is to begin with some repeat programs (Adult Swim has library of animated series like "King of the Hill," and "American Dad") and gradually add in original series. "We have a lot of shows coming down the pike," Mr. Snyder said.
    So...Cartoon Network's primetime lineup will be reduced to a mere 1 hour per day. Meanwhile, FOX reruns gain even more airtime.

I'm speechless at this point.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

gmster is offline Delicious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The advertisers demanded it? Oh man.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is disappointing to hear. They already don't really use the 9PM hour that well and they certainly don't need another hour, especially when 8PM is pretty darn early to start something like Adult Swim. Not to mention that time could be better used by Cartoon Network for its premieres.

ZumbidoMetal is offline Screwy, Ain't I?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They'll probably throw blocks of Adventure Time, Regular Show and Gumball on Boomerang at 8PM to make up for it.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Absolutely pathetic. This is proof that CN no longer has any faith in itself as a network.

It's official: This is Jetix now. Adult Swim is dangerously close to taking up half the day.

I thought the temporary shrink to 10PM would be a wake-up call. Not even close.

The plan for the 8 p.m. hour is to begin with some repeat programs (Adult Swim has library of animated series like "King of the Hill," and "American Dad") and gradually add in original series.
    *pffft* "Add in original series." What a joke!

Beemo is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why don't they just take the whole dang channel already and be done with it?

vegeta95748 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The exact opposite of what I wanted Adult Swim to do. I want them to lose an hour, they gain one. Wow. Just...wow.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As if I haven't missed Cartoon Cartoon Fridays enough already where I know I had a reason to watch content on a Friday from 7-11pm. This is just making me wonder like what the [bleep] is the point and seems so unnecessary. I can't help but scratch my head over this.

jerrymouse16 is offline Sonic and Amy Forever!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My reaction:

Community - No no no no - YouTube

Wow. just wow. I already feel bad for all the kids out there who don't get any of the other kids channels like The Hub, Disney XD, etc. and/or don't want to watch Disney channel or Nickelodeon. So, where do premieres of some of CN's shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc. go?

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrymouse16 View Post
    So, where do premieres of some of CN's shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc. go?
    A few of them have been airing in the 7PM hour for a while now. The rest will most likely just migrate to that hour.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast