toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 157
  1. #61
    HG Revolution's Avatar
    HG Revolution is online now Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Needham, MA
    Posts
    5,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I don't see there being two hours of anime at the start of the block. A "midnight run", maybe just an hour, seems more likely.

    This would be more realistic:
    8.0: King of the Hill
    9.0: Cleveland Show
    9.5: American Dad
    10.0: Family Guy
    10.5: Boondocks (Mondays)/Family Guy
    11.0: Rick and Morty/Bob's Burgers/China IL/Thursday Live-Action/Black Dynamite
    11.5: Robot Chicken/Aqua Teen/Thursday Live-Action
    12.0: Naruto/Bleach (reruns)
    12.5: One Piece (from the first episode)

    Saturdays with expanded Toonami:
    8.0: King of the Hill
    8.5: Cleveland Show
    9.0: American Dad
    9.5: Family Guy
    10.5: Boondocks
    11.0: Space Dandy (replaced by Attack on Titan)
    11.5: Bleach
    12.0: Naruto Shippuden
    12.5: One Piece
    1.0: Black Lagoon
    1.5: Blue Exorcist
    2.0: either a new niche show (like Madoka) or an old show relicensed (like Bebop or Big O)
    2.5-6.0: Same as current schedule
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

  2. #62
    Cartoon X's Avatar
    Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, I don't see Toonami returning to weekdays anytime soon. The reason [adult swim] is getting expanded is so that they can have more time to rerun the FOX acquisitions and their originals. The anime they air cost more money than they'd get back in ratings even at a 1am weekday slot, and generally make up the lowest performing shows on the lineup as it is. Maybe they'll do it as an experiment sometime, but I'm skeptical that they'd use their new hour for a permanent weekday Toonami.

    Toonami getting the 11pm hour is something I can see as being more reasonable, especially with Dandy doing well in the adult ratings. I would be surprised if Toonami didn't get it by the end of the year.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

  3. #63
    Monte's Avatar
    Monte is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Long island
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well ya, no one seriously believes that toonami would come to weekday nights. That would mean CN doing something great which they are really resistant too; i mean heck, none of us wants Adult swim to expand(we wanted it too shrink) and that's exactly what we are getting. All we are doing is having a little fun by thinking about what we would LIKE to see; even if it will not realistically happen without somekind of major change in CN's leadership

    Speaking realistically, Toonami getting more time on Saturday is the most we can hope for.

    This would be more realistic:
    8.0: King of the Hill
    9.0: Cleveland Show
    9.5: American Dad
    10.0: Family Guy
    10.5: Boondocks (Mondays)/Family Guy
    11.0: Rick and Morty/Bob's Burgers/China IL/Thursday Live-Action/Black Dynamite
    11.5: Robot Chicken/Aqua Teen/Thursday Live-Action
    12.0: Naruto/Bleach (reruns)
    12.5: One Piece (from the first episode)
    Nah; naruto and one piece are really rather too tame for a midnight run... Those shows more appeal to teens which is why they seem like they would fit better at 8pm. I mean that does feel like a nice place for toonami; CN for kids, Toonami for teens, which leads into AS for adults. For a midnight run, I would imagine shows more in the vain of Black Lagoon and Hellsing; shows for the young adults who might still be up; as opposed to the kids who need to wake up for school in the morning.
    ________________________
    My Deviant art
    Webcomic Ascension

  4. #64
    HG Revolution's Avatar
    HG Revolution is online now Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Needham, MA
    Posts
    5,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Nah; naruto and one piece are really rather too tame for a midnight run... Those shows more appeal to teens which is why they seem like they would fit better at 8pm. I mean that does feel like a nice place for toonami; CN for kids, Toonami for teens, which leads into AS for adults. For a midnight run, I would imagine shows more in the vain of Black Lagoon and Hellsing; shows for the young adults who might still be up; as opposed to the kids who need to wake up for school in the morning.
    They're airing at midnight on Saturdays. Shonen anime at 8 would make sense, but they've already said they're going with King of the Hill at that time. I figure the earliest hours they're gonna play conservative with the FOX shows and later at night there can be more risk with originals and anime (kind of sad that any anime whatsoever even something like Naruto's considered a risk, but considering anime hasn't aired on weeknights since forever I imagine it'd air after midnight if they were to try it).
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

  5. #65
    Monte's Avatar
    Monte is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Long island
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    They're airing at midnight on Saturdays. Shonen anime at 8 would make sense, but they've already said they're going with King of the Hill at that time. I figure the earliest hours they're gonna play conservative with the FOX shows and later at night there can be more risk with originals and anime (kind of sad that any anime whatsoever even something like Naruto's considered a risk, but considering anime hasn't aired on weeknights since forever I imagine it'd air after midnight if they were to try it).
    Ya they are airing on Saturday night but that's mostly because they don't have anywhere else to air them... Its either saturday night, or not at all since that's the only night toonami has. When Toonami was on during saturday evenings, both Naruto and One piece aired much earlier than midnight. The shows really do fit better with the old evening toonami than the late night version but that's all we got... Not to mention that Saturday night is bound to have more teens watching than Weekday nights; so its more reasonable to air teen shows like Naruto and One piece. On weekday's, kids need to be asleep for school in the morning; Unlike the weekend, your gonna have an older audience after midnight on weeknights; hence Black lagoon and Hellsing making more sense.

    And seeing as there isn't any hope of CN actually doing anything like a weeknight toonami, you don't really need to consider their statements on King of the Hill. Its all impossible so you might aswell let your imagination run free. Adult swim is getting an extension; it sucks, but it would be really awesome if the extension was used for toonami... that would kinda rock. won't happen... but it would be great if it did. Seems a bit more fun to talk about what they COULD do with this extension rather than just harping on how much it all sucks.

    All i know is that now I'm gonna be turning my TV off at 8, rather than 9, cause i don't care one wit about King of the Hill.
    ________________________
    My Deviant art
    Webcomic Ascension

  6. #66
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    16,524
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon X View Post
    Toonami getting the 11pm hour is something I can see as being more reasonable, especially with Dandy doing well in the adult ratings. I would be surprised if Toonami didn't get it by the end of the year.
    Yeah, that does seem more like a possibility, especially with Space Dandy doing so well since it premiered. I'd love to see them get a Midnight Run block to benefit some of their long running shows, but even that seems pretty unlikely.

  7. #67
    RandomMe's Avatar
    RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Braga, Portugal
    Posts
    6,988
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    Yeah, that does seem more like a possibility, especially with Space Dandy doing so well since it premiered. I'd love to see them get a Midnight Run block to benefit some of their long running shows, but even that seems pretty unlikely.
    Or what about another day with Toonami? Sunday, maybe?

  8. #68
    Monte's Avatar
    Monte is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Long island
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    Or what about another day with Toonami? Sunday, maybe?
    I'd say Friday. Sunday is the night they use for Adult Swim's original premieres... Also Friday night might grab a similar audience to what they might get on Saturday
    ________________________
    My Deviant art
    Webcomic Ascension

  9. #69
    Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    I'd say Friday. Sunday is the night they use for Adult Swim's original premieres... Also Friday night might grab a similar audience to what they might get on Saturday
    Friday actually does pretty well for Adult Swim, believe it or not: Adult Swim Ratings Scorecard – Week of Jan. 27, 2014 | TV Media Insights – TV Ratings & News – Network TV Show Reviews and Daily Ratings

  10. #70
    TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One Piece and Naruto do pretty well with adults too though. It's not because of the target demos we probably won't see them on weekdays.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO