toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    TheCtes is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    I almost agree with you two above me - too bad I have shows I actually like on CN that are likely going to get the axe due to this move. I'll have nothing left to watch in Western Animation if that happens, too - and I for one hate nostalgia with a passion.

If only CN weren't run so poorly - I can only hope Boomerang gives me something worth all this nonsense. Or else you two above me are on to something.

I'd hate for this to be the end of Western Animation - but all points are pointing out the inevitable. Unless the internet stays open, we can kiss Western Animation goodbye - and no, and I mean NO amount of anime will EVER fill that void for me, either, no matter how many suggestions I get telling me otherwise.
    The status if Western Animation doesn't change from one network showing animation getting an hour from another.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    The status if Western Animation doesn't change from one network showing animation getting an hour from another.
    Doesn't change the fact that AS lacks true variety - and that variety found on Saturdays (for example) needs to be made more accessible for the greater common good.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    I almost agree with you two above me - too bad I have shows I actually like on CN that are likely going to get the axe due to this move. I'll have nothing left to watch in Western Animation if that happens, too - and I for one hate nostalgia with a passion. If only CN weren't run so poorly - I can only hope Boomerang gives me something worth all this nonsense. Or else you two above me are on to something. I'd hate for this to be the end of Western Animation - but all points are pointing out the inevitable. Unless the internet stays open, we can kiss Western Animation goodbye - and no, and I mean NO amount of anime will EVER fill that void for me, either, no matter how many suggestions I get telling me otherwise.
    Dude, quit overreacting. Western Animation survived the freaking '70s, it can survive Cartoon Network losing a couple hours (and the network's not gonna die). Animated movies still make tons of money, great independent animation always exists if you actually make the effort to seek it out, and supposedly Rick and Morty is the first of an initiative by Adult Swim to make more primetime-ready original series (and if those other shows are half as funny and creative as Rick and Morty, we're in for some good shows). There's no reason for your constant negative hyperbole.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a not so original or brilliant idea, give AS it's own separate 24 hour channel and return CN to being a kids network. Have CN start airing edited versions of some of the Toonami anime (but have the uncut versions still air on the AS network/channel). CN should also start seeking out new independent and foreign kids programs to air on CN.

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    Here's a not so original or brilliant idea, give AS it's own separate 24 hour channel and return CN to being a kids network. Have CN start airing edited versions of some of the Toonami anime (but have the uncut versions still air on the AS network/channel). CN should also start seeking out new independent and foreign kids programs to air on CN.
    [as] doesn't have nearly enough material to program a 24 hour channel. Hell, they can barely manage the 9 hours from 9 to 6, let alone the addition of another hour. Cartoon Network, on the other hand, would manage just fine.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Mixiboi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegeta95748 View Post
    [as] doesn't have nearly enough material to program a 24 hour channel. Hell, they can barely manage the 9 hours from 9 to 6, let alone the addition of another hour. Cartoon Network, on the other hand, would manage just fine.
    And get a tenth of the ratings Adult Swim.

I get everyone's frustration.. But we are seeing end.of CN...and really all of Cable TV the way it is.

Hell CN already knows this with their consent reminder to download the CN app to watch CN shows whenever.

This expantion is the best for the wholenetwork because Adult Swim advertising is a revenue cash cow.

And on how they will fill time and not be fox lite? All you have to do is look at TBS and how they are developing their own comedy original show...using the 8 to 10 slot to show syndicated hits then show an original at 10.

This worked for Comedy Central for a decade now and FX also follow this with Archer and Sons of Anarchy and Sunny in Phila...so I can see Adult Swim to do the same.

So I hear all the sad..but time is changing. This isnt Jetix...this is something way more bigger then that...

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If they showed anime late during the week like they used to I'd be more prone to watch.

Checkerboard is offline THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I feel kind of sorry for Cartoon Network. Adult Swim doesn't need the extra hour. They want it. They're greedy lol.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd sooner argue that CN didn't want the hour anymore or at least that the advertisers pressured Turner to give the hour to Adult Swim.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zap2It has the first schedules up.

8PM - King of the Hill (full hour)
    9PM - The Cleveland Show (full hour)
    10PM - American Dad
    10:30PM - Rick & Morty (M), Family Guy (T-F)
    11PM - American Dad
    11:30PM - Family Guy
    12AM - Robot Chicken (half hour)
    12:30AM - ATHF
    12:45AM - Squidbillies (half hour)
    1:15AM - ATHF
    1:30AM - Encore (shuffled)

4AM - DVR Theater (Space Ghost/Sealab)

Since April Fools is coming up and AS keeps those secret till the last minute, there might be something different on the first day or two, but that's essentially what we're getting.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Uh, why have American Dad at only a half hour at 11PM instead of it's usual hour time spot between 10-11? Really it makes no sense to surround it with an hour of family guy (besides Monday) and then follow it up with yet another FG. Have it just air from 10-11 Like it always has. Unless for some reason this is a popular way of airing episodes which... I never got. Really who decided anyway to have an episode of aqua teen followed by two episodes of squidbillies and then another aqua teen? why not two aqua teens and then two squidbillies? Was it just so they could say both shows had an episode air before 1? That doesn't make any sense and neither does this. Especially when every other show airs two epiosdes and then moves on, why have only a couple of them switch up how they show the episodes?

And yeah.... AS deserved another hour again why? Seems like just to have another episode of Family Guy and The Cleveland Show or even King of the Hill air. Since god forbid, they actually do something unique with that additional hour that actually isn't just shoveling one of the acquired FOX shows at us some more. This just shows how wasteful this entire thing is and how desperate CN must be if they're letting AS steal an hour of their primetime away for this level of programming. It's doubly insutling since CN was using that time for actually airing new episodes of their most popular original shows so apparently these fox episodes shown dozens upon dozens of times being more popular eough to take the spot is just so... I don't even know how exactly to describe it but it's at least several degrees of stupid.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at the Tuesday schedule again, American Dad is at 10PM instead of Family Guy. Either Zap2It made a mistake or they could rotate the shows in that slot.

Pac-Attack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is just about what I expected, what a waste of an extra slot.
    "I got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Monday reflects how the schedule has been for most if not all of Rick & Morty's run on Monday nights with Family Guy at 10pm and American Dad at 11pm followed by the second Family Guy at the usual 11:30pm.

One more thing to note, The Boondocks will get 12:30 bumping one ATHF and one Squidbillies starting this Monday.

Tuesday-Friday they have done away with having hour blocks of American Dad and Family Guy and instead have the same amount of episodes sandwiched back to back from 10-12 and 1:30-3:30.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday the schedule will be as follows

8:00 - King of the Hill
    8:30 - King of the Hill
    9:00 - Cleveland Show
    9:30 - Cleveland Show
    10:00 - American Dad
    10:30 - Family Guy
    11:00 - American Dad
    11:30 - Family Guy
    12:00 - Robot Chicken
    12:15 - Robot Chicken
    12:30 - The Boondocks
    1:00 - Aqua Teen
    1:15 - Squidbillies
    1:30 - American Dad
    2:00 - Family Guy
    2:30 - American Dad
    3:00 - Family Guy
    3:30 - Robot Chicken
    3:45 - Robot Chicken
    4:00 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast
    4:15 - Sealab 2021
    4:30 - Aqua Teen
    4:45 - Squidbillies
    5:00 - Cleveland Show (same as 9pm)
    5:30 - King of the Hill (same as 8pm)

They have decided not to encore both episodes of King of the Hill and Cleveland and I for one am glad to hear it because we don't lose any original series slots to more FOX encores that way.

Thursday will be the same as Tues, Weds and Fri with the exception of the live-action shows airing instead of Robot Chicken, The Boondocks, Aqua Teen and Squidbillies.

I'm not a fan of having an hour of Cleveland and would like to see Venture Bros. back on weekdays but so far this schedule is at least better than I was expecting by virtue of not encoring both episodes of King of the Hill and Cleveland.

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the biggest waste of timeslots EVER. I`m sure even the AS audience would rather see AT/RS/SU at 8/9 PM instead of even MORE KoTH and Cleveland!
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirel View Post
    This is the biggest waste of timeslots EVER. I`m sure even the AS audience would rather see AT/RS/SU at 8/9 PM instead of even MORE KoTH and Cleveland!
    I agree with you. The 10-hour schedule needs retooling.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What do you suppose would do well enough?

Love them or hate them those FOX shows get views.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ANYTHING. Trust me - with all the hate those shows are getting in a lot of places... It's only a matter of time until more and more people than just us are calling them out on it. Or turning off AS to watch something better on the internet like the well aware of us are likely doing.

All I know is that CN is going to be beaten left and right in the ratings when they fall severely because of this. And as much as I don't want to see that - THEY DESERVE IT - especially if SU and UG get cancelled for NOT getting sustainable ratings because of this... TRASH.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If anything would do, they wouldn't be using that schedule.

Advertisers wanted this. They don't want to advertise to children in prime time because adults have the money.

More money for Adult Swim means more money for shows as good as Rick & Morty, Venture Bros and The Boondocks.

What adults think of CN losing 8pm does not matter to CN or Adult Swim. What matters to them is what the key demographics for both sides of the network are watching.

Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa are not going to suddenly lose kid viewers because of this so they'll probably be fine unless the next head of CN wants to flush out all the current successes to build new ones as has happened in the past but both SU and UG have been renewed last I heard and even RS and AT have more episodes in production despite being on since 2010. CN's ratings wont suddenly go into the tiolet due to losing 8pm. The network's highest ratings seem to occur during the every evening hours before 8pm.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...And it'll only work IF we get more GOOD shows like the examples you listed and NOT more overrated/overplayed stuff like the Fox Shows (which started out being good, overall, BTW...) actually are.

Then and ONLY THEN, can I wholeheartedly agree with such logic.
    Spoiler:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast