toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Actually, when we refer to Adult Swim as the "new Jetix", we're referring to the fact that Jetix started as a block, but eventually grew and grew and grew, absorbing more and more of Toon Disney like some sort of tumor. By the end, Toon Disney was a block on its own channel, while Jetix had become the sole focus until Disney XD rebooted everything.

Revamping will be the next step. With Boomerang becoming ad-supported, it is looking likely that we might see Cartoon Network pack up and move over there, while Adult Swim overtakes the old station.
    Oh God, I hope not. I can't even imagine a 24 hour [adult swim] network. Kinda makes me miss the days of the pool bumps and 10-1 on Sundays and Thursdays.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They wont try to pull off 24 hours because targeting adults from 6AM-8PM is kind of a wasted effort and they wont move Adult Swim to another network because that would mean it would be in less homes for at least a while. So instead they cut down CN even more for the sake of the ad-space. 24/7 AS would but horns with TBS too much and Turner has no reason to do that but they don't want to lose their lofty position of having both TBS and Adult Swim and sometimes even TNT all in the top 5 for adult prime time. Pairing AS with one of them would mean they'd have 1 less network to flaunt.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This will only be a good thing if Toonami expands again.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    11PM on Saturday seems reasonable since they'd still have 3 full hours of comedy lead-in if they did that but 11PM is a very important slot for Adult Swim on any night of the week so Toonami is going to have to prove it can handle it and Space Dandy seems to be a good indication that they could so here's hoping.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh yeah i can imagine dbz kai being on toonami uncut once theyre done dubbing the majin buu saga plus this is good news to toonami plus toonami on weeknights is great!

Toon Master is online now Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Adult Swim doesn't need the 8PM or the 9PM hour. Heck, I still believe it doesn't even need to be on 7 days a week. Cartoon Network officially doesn't care anymore.
    Hahahahahahaha, wahohohohohohohohohohohoho....hahahahaha..ha........

PapaGreg is online now Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what reading comments from both sides I still kinda feel like that adult swim doesn't really need the 8pm or at least shown me why, I know that people said that they are making Rick and Morty and China il but those are two shows in the span of two years, also lets face it its mostly gonna be the same tired fox shows we see taking up the most air, yeah we might see more anime on adult swim at a earlier time but lets face it best case scenario its only gonna happen on a saturday. We are still gonna see crap tons of tired fox cartoons and have adult swims orginal coming out every ywo years at best

dragonzatch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm questioning who totally wants to watch another King of the Hill repeat at 8pm instead of 9pm.

Oh yeah, and since I'm CST it'll be 7pm here. Who over the age of seven or under the age of seventy is in bed by 7pm?

coolblo25 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If they are just filling in the 8 slot with King of the Hill and Cleveland Show, two shows that already invade 9, then they aren't using the hour to their benefit. What will they gain from this, again?

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it be great if 8-9 could become a weekday toonami for OG Naruto and Bleach, which need weekday strips badly. DO we really need more slots for Fox shows?

I agree with whoever said it would be different if they got futurama back or the simpsons, then those would be amazing at that time.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow