toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Beefy is offline Get to work Toei!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    You mean that Ayeka being Tenchi's Great Aunt?
    I think they meant the part where Ayeka was supposed to marry Yosho.

As for this episode: I didn't expect Kirito to make it to the top of the tree by himself, but him fighting with just his sword and not pulling a special move out of nowhere was a surprise. I thought he would have used magic to create a smokescreen or a decoy or turn into a giant monster again or something.
    If the guardians just came at Kirito with swords he might have got through them, but once they started shooting arrows and swords at him it was all over.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I think they meant the part where Ayeka was supposed to marry Yosho.
    I meant both the half-sibling marriage and the Great Aunt thing...

You mean that Ayeka being Tenchi's Great Aunt?

Well... not that I recall, but then again I wasn't on the internet when the show was airing, so I can't say. I was kind of shocked when she noted that Jurai didn't have much of a problem, but being a space monarchy, it's really not unexpected

Actually, being more of a Ryoko fan, I was hoping Tenchi would hook up with her.
    ...plus Ayeka's sister Sasami was fused with Tsunami who is Washu's sister; Washu is Ryoko's mother. It's also implied that Mihoshi is Washu's descendant.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    I meant both the half-sibling marriage and the Great Aunt thing...

...plus Ayeka's sister Sasami was fused with Tsunami who is Washu's sister; Washu is Ryoko's mother. It's also implied that Mihoshi is Washu's descendant.
    Well... considering the whole fusion thing is a bit... odd, I don't think it counts towards Washu directly and genetically related to Tenchi.

On a side note, one wonders if certain Jurian social customs led them to develop genetic engineering.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... considering the whole fusion thing is a bit... odd, I don't think it counts towards Washu directly and genetically related to Tenchi.

On a side note, one wonders if certain Jurian social customs led them to develop genetic engineering.
    Well, keep in mind everything that happens in the Tenchi OVA continuity is a result of the three goddess that created that universe conducting a breeding experiment to see if they could produce a being more power than they are.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    Well, keep in mind everything that happens in the Tenchi OVA continuity is a result of the three goddess that created that universe conducting a breeding experiment to see if they could produce a being more power than they are.
    That's a different realm altogether. I don't think genetics would be an issue with someone on that level.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4