Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

C&C - Space Dandy - "The Search for the Phantom Space Ramen, Baby!" [1/11]

Like This Thread!

"Life comes at you fast, just like a raging current! I don't fight it! Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you're too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown! Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead, THE END! Now, going with the flow is where it's at. And that's...the dandy way to live."

Welcome to the second official talkback for the world premiere of Space Dandy on Toonami on Adult Swim at 11:30 PM EST. Last time, on Space Dandy!.....well, there was fanservice, and then star trekking across the universe, and then a wacky away mission where everything blew up. Whoops.

Also, there was a shout out to Terminator 2: Judgment Day. You caught that, right?

Fortunately this time, this week's all-new episode is The Search for the Phantom Space Ramen, Baby!, which sounds nice and safe. Clearly nothing crazy will happen this time! Obviously. Let us await this tale of dandy space adventurers pursuing never before seen space aliens. In space!

The Characters of Space Dandy

Dandy

Space Dandy is a dandy guy...in space! He operates on the scale of the universe and prides himself on "going with the flow", never worrying about small things. Things like the consequences of setting off a planet-destroying bomb while you're in the immediate vicinity. You know, the little details of life!

As a professional "alien hunter" Dandy makes a living traveling the universe, discovering new life and new civilizations, boldly going where no dandy man has gone before!...for as long as he can keep himself alive, anyway. Yeah.

QT

One day, Dandy walked into a secondhand robot shop looking for a competent droid companion like R2-D2. What he walked out with was QT, a "glorified broom bot" and yet quite possibly the only crew member of the Aloha Oe with any common sense. Alas, between his outdated tech and Dandy's carefree lifestyle, QT seems fated to not be listened to or taken seriously. Will QT's day of triumph ever come? Hang in there, ya bucket of bolts!

Meow

A native of the planet Beetlejuice and creepy voyeur turned crewmate, Meow is Dandy's companion on his spacefaring adventures. He's also totally NOT a space cat. Really. Last week Meow rivaled Dandy's "feats" with the distinguishing achievement of getting himself royally smacked into the stratosphere by a giant space monster. Will he do, er, better this time?!

Honey

When Dandy wants to unwind, he takes the time to visit a certain "establishment" director Shinichiro Watanabe describes as "Hooters in space". Honey is one of many beautiful waitresses working there. So far though, to her Dandy's just another customer. Will that change? Will she get wrapped up in any of Dandy's (mis)adventures? We'll see.

Professor Gel

A servant of the Gogol Empire, Professor Gel is an evil genius scientist and quite possibly the space gorilla with the weirdest hair and the most inappropriate spaceship in the universe. With his minion Bea at his side, Gel chases Dandy across the cosmos. In our first episode, a complete fluke resulted in his failure to capture Dandy. He was really burned up about that. No, really, he was. Ouch.

Commodore Perry

The ruler of the mighty Gogol Empire, which is currently battling the Jaicro Empire in an epic war for control of the entire universe. His severe intolerance of failure suggests that he's kind of a bad guy - oh, and the whole giant flaming skull thing too. For what reason does he order the pursuit of Space Dandy?
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So we getting the OP tonight? Only time will tell.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

GUNDAMS are BUILT in HIS LIKENESS.

He HUGS FACEHUGGERS.

He does not SEARCH for the GALACTIC LEYLINE - IT comes to HIM.

He is the MOST INTERESTING MAN in the UNIVERSE.

SPACE DANDY
    "Stay
    DANDY, my Friends."

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet! I have no work tonight, so I check out the episode

Also, shouldn't Meow's homeworld actually be spelled "Betelgeuse"?
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Pro vita quad spes.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last time? Everyone died and that may not have been a bad thing.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Previously on Space Dandy: A 50's sci-fi adventure throwback with robots, alien cats, boobs, beautiful animation, and over-the-top antics. And yet, somehow, it wasn't quite as awesome as it should have been.

Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very 70's intro. But rather disappointing.

Nice animation though.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Pro vita quad spes.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hoping they cut back on the breasts a little this week.

Hey, didn't they all die last week?

"You will bow down before me, Space Dandy! You and one day your heirs!"

From a small catbox somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And there's Scarlet.

Whoa, he sure got dumped.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I guess there is no continuity with this show.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast