toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

C&C - Space Dandy - "Live With the Flow, Baby!" [1/4] [SERIES PREMIERE]

Like This Thread!

Here it is, folks, TOM and the Absolution are about to get 100% dandier. Tonight we have a landmark event with the global broadcast of the new sci-fi comedy Space Dandy, while on top of that the world TV premiere belongs to none other than Toonami on Adult Swim! It all starts tonight at 11:30 PM Eastern Time.

Space Dandy comes to us through Studio BONES and the creators of the fabulous Cowboy BeBop, including BeBop director Shinichiro Watanabe himself (Samurai Champloo, Kids on the Slope). Joining him is director Shingo Natsume (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos), screenwriters Keiko Nobumoto (Cowboy BeBop, Wolf's Rain), Kimiko Ueno (Crayon Shin-chan) and Dai Sato (Cowboy BeBop, Eurkea Seven), character designer Yoshiyuki Ito (Star Driver) and spaceship designer Thomas Romain (Oban Star Racers) among others, including a diverse horde of music composers as well as artists tasked with dreaming up a galaxy's worth of unique and zany alien life.

Tonight is our very first episode "Live With the Flow, Baby!". Synopsis info specific to this episode is lacking, but we do have this official introduction to the series itself!

Space Dandy is a dandy in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it's first come, first served! Accompanied by his sidekicks, a rundown robot named QT and Meow the cat-looking space alien, Dandy bravely explores unknown worlds inhabited by a variety of aliens. Join the best dressed alien hunter in all of space and time as he embarks on an adventure that ends at the edge of the universe!
    If you're hungry for more about Space Dandy, you can check out a transcribed introduction to Space Dandy from Shinichiro Watanabe himself. This press conference may be of some interest too, as well as this Anime News Network interview with Watanabe.

And now, our wait begins!

The Characters of Space Dandy

Dandy

Who is Space Dandy? Space Dandy IS...the dandiest guy in space. As a man who "operates on the scale of the universe", he carries no regrets and never worries about the small details. As an "alien hunter", Dandy travels the universe aboard his canoe-esqe spaceship, The Aloha Oe, to discover unexplored worlds and new alien life to make a living.

QT

Once upon a time, Dandy walked into a secondhand robot shop looking for a competent droid companion like R2-D2. What he walked out with was QT, a "glorified broom bot". As one of the, ahem, "special" trio comprisng the crew of the Aloha Oe, QT accompanies Dandy on his many adventures. But will he get to do more than dust the control panels?!

Meow

A native of the planet Beetlejuice, Meow is Dandy's crewmate and partner but also apparently more interested in checking his smartphone than in, you know, actually doing his job. Is someone like this really reliable? Oh well. Small details, right? Oh yeah: however he may look, he's not a cat.

Honey

When Dandy wants to unwind, he takes the time to visit a certain "establishment" director Watanabe chooses to describe as "Hooters in space". Honey is one of many beautiful waitresses working there. Will she get wrapped up in any of Dandy's (mis)adventures?

Professor Gel

This gorilla-esque alien is an evil genius and, for reasons unknown so far, a persistent adversary to Dandy that keeps chasing him across the galaxy with one "crazy stupid invention" or another. Why is this, and what's he trying to do? Only time will tell - maybe.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My hype is still up. I don't care about any negativity I've seen about characters or what-not. I'll leave it up to my viewing experience.

I really don't know the hype in the first place, what got me really wanting to check this series out. (not "Boobies", trust me)
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Current DVD marathon: Space Ghost Coast to Coast V2+ (daytime) | Ghost Hunt (night time - 1 full file per watched night)

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The opening better be good since I really like Bleach's last OP.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How many episodes is this series going to be. I want to know how long till I get my full Bleach OP again.

Hypeathon is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    How many episodes is this series going to be.
    I think 26 episodes.

animePWNS is online now Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just minutes away now. If it doesn't live up to the hype, at least the promos turned me on to Lazerhawk. I've been listening to them even after my ears started bleeding.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Kitschensyngk is online now back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He once won a BATTLE OF WITS with a JEDI KNIGHT.

His HOBBIES include building MONOLITHS.

TRIBBLES have TROUBLE with HIM.

He is the MOST INTERESTING MAN in the UNIVERSE.

SPACE DANDY
    "Stay
    DANDY, my Friends."

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last time? He's not my family guy. I think.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, this'll be the first Watanabe series I've seen since Samurai Champloo. Let's see whatcha got for us, Sensei.

animePWNS is online now Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No age warning?

Nice opening music..by the Space Dandy Band?
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast