toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Naruto: Shippuden - "Homecoming" [1/4] [SERIES PREMIERE]

Like This Thread!
    Me: 3, 2, 1, LET'S MAKE SOME-

DeMarco: Nope.

Me: Aww.

All right, "Hero's Comeback" being unfortunately removed aside, and in spite of Space Dandy basically turning Naruto into an afterthought (who woulda thunk? ), we DO have another series premiere tonight, Naruto: Shippuden! Naruto's now older, stronger, and maybe kinda-sorta-somewhat wiser. But as he's gotten stronger, so have his enemies . . . who he hasn't even encountered yet! Get ready to be introduced to the Akatsuki!

I will be your guide to this long-running series, just like I was with the original. Let's get this started, shall we?

Official Naruto: Shippuden Talkback Thread

Both the OP and ED are available for download in high quality from the Toonami Digital Arsenal.

Last time on Naruto:

Spoiler:
    No last time for Shippuden, but there WAS a last time in the original Naruto series! After some villains tried to assassinate Gaara (and fail, thanks to Naruto's timely intervention), Jiraiya visited Naruto with information on the Akatsuki. Announcing it was time for Naruto to begin his 2+ year journey, Naruto says goodbye to a few people before joining Jiraiya and following him out of the village.

No spoilers: No talk of future arcs, events, etc! All spoiler talk must be taken to the anime forum or through pm! Please have respect for all new viewers or else Sasuke will be coming for YOU. Believe it!

If that ain't an indicator of how much has changed I don't know what is.

Enjoy the episode. Sleep is always for the weak.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I finally got through all the canon of Naruto, so I'm good to go for tonight. I'm still debating whether or not to watch the dreaded filler, but I think I'm going to just watch it in chunks between my watching of other series. It'll make it go down a bit easier.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With some exceptions for episodes that I may really want to comment on, I'm going to mostly skip out. It's not that I'm not planning on watching it, I had every intention of doing so since it was first announced to air on Toonami. I just may find the talkbacks bothersome since apparently, I'm one of the few people on the internet that thinks the story in Naruto is decently-told.

"What?! Someone on the internet thinks the story in Naruto is actually good?! How absurd!" Yeah, sorry for blowing some person's mind, but it's true. I think Naruto is genuinely well-told. No, that doesn't mean I'm saying it's perfect. It definitely has its flaws. Yes, the anime is chock-full of filler. Pointlessly, mediocre episodes of them. Yes, the animation occasionally isn't clear and communicative (WAY too many people exaggerate how badly-animated the show is. Hey news flash! That "no-budget" episode people like to keep pointing to where Shingo Yamashita, a very young animator, did all the key animation, in-betweens and finishing for the first 7 minutes by himself when he was what 21-22 at the time? Yeah, funny how people easily forget the rest of that episode still communicated its animation fairly well). But I'm not talking about all of that other stuff. I'm talking about the essence of the story which I find frustrating I can't talk about that without someone preferring to make fun of it as a knee-jerk reaction.

This is not a matter of whether I can accept opinions different from my own. That's not the point. Rather if I think something is great and someone else thinks that same thing sucks, okay, fine. Let's discuss on that. We may not agree with one another, but at least we can a better perspective of what we both think about a certain thing. The problem as I see it though is everyone who thinks Naruto sucks would instead of having an actual discussion, wants to stick to just making fun of it and keep groaning over how much they want the story to end. And I'm expected to just put up with all of that because, "that's the internet". Well sorry, I can't, hence why I'm going to try my best to stay out of the talkback threads.

Again, people can disagree with me on Naruto if they do and if someone wants to respectfully discuss opposing opinions on it, I'm all ears. If however someone intends to keep making fun of the show or moan and groan how there's yet to be a period put on the sentence being main story, that's when my ears bleed and they've bled enough times as is.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'm one of the people who thinks Naruto is decently told as well, including in the Shippuden era. Yeah, there's faults, but I enjoy it. I personally find episodes 72-175 to be Shippuden's "golden period", filler and all, and I personally can't wait until we begin that.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know this seires is okay. I have seen the beginning of this series already, so nothing new to me.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All right, just want to clear the air on a few things before the show starts:

-In all seriousness, to anyone who likes Naruto Shippuden and/or post-time skip Naruto, you know what, more power to ya. I can't say that I agree that it's a well-told, or even a decently-told story, but if you get enjoyment out of it, then by all means, enjoy your silly little ninja anime (and I'll enjoy my silly little pirate anime). This show certainly does have its fans, and I guess I can sort of see why some people may like it, but that really doesn't matter as long as you all legitimately enjoy it. And whether it's technically a well-told series or not, as long as it makes some people happy, I guess that makes it worth something. That being said, I am going to riff and bash this series and I will meticulously and carefully explain why I think this series is bad.

-Some people say that Naruto got bad after the time-skip. And while I agree that, aside from maybe one or two characters or plot points, everything in Naruto Shippuden ranges from mediocre to terrible, it's my opinion that Naruto started to get bad even before the time-skip. The Chuunin Exam arc was, IMO, the last genuinely good Naruto arc. After that we got that little mini Itachi arc that, to me, was pretty random and forgettable. Then we got the Tsunade arc, which would've been good, except it went on too long, they brought back Orochimaru too soon, and his involvement was ultimately pretty pointless. And then finally we got to the Rescue Sasuke arc, which I actually thought did start out pretty good, what with the characters from different teams coming together and Shikamaru using strategy to utilize their strengths. But ultimately it just became a long string of fights that went on for too long, the Sand Siblings randomly showed up to immediately resolve everything, and of course this arc began Naruto's infamous friendship/devotion to Sasuke, which, ultimately, doesn't have any real strong foundation to it. But that's my opinion.

-As far as Shippuden, I think the first few arcs are mostly just "meh", with a few bad parts, so my criticism may be relatively light. But wait till we get to about episode 113 (wow, that's like two years from now).

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like Shippuden, but the first two arcs are insanely slow paced.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

G1Ravage is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I keep underestimating Naruto.

I get hooked watching it, put it away for a year or two, watch it out of nowhere, and suddenly remember why I was hooked to begin with. Over the past few weeks, I'd been rewatching my DVD's of the first 136 episodes of the original series in a super marathon. The production values of the anime are generally very good. The music kicks ass. Dramatic scenes are appropriately dramatic. Some of the fights are just wicked.

I stopped collecting Naruto Shippuden on DVD after the first 88 episodes or so. I was too busy with One Piece, and then Naruto sort of fell off my radar. But after this marathon of the original series, and catching up a bit with the current manga story, I've decided to get back into it. I keep underestimating it, and I want to give it its due.

So in honor of Shippuden making its Toonami premiere, I've started marathoning my Shippuden DVD's. Once I get to where I originally left off, I'll start collecting the DVD's again.
    Vegas...now??

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Naruto Shippuden and Naruto Classic on the same channel in the same block. Has that ever happened before?

Well, he'll miss out on all those Marvel and Star Wars cartoons he would have aired alongside, but at least Cartoon Network doesn't do tweencoms anymore.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast