Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: See You Space Cowboy and the Stampede

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toonami: Intro
    Submitted by animepwns
    TOM: Sara, Iíve come to take you in.
    Sara: Take me in? Why?
    TOM: $$60 billion, dead or alive.
    Sara: Oh! Youíre doing the Vash-Trigun thing.
    TOM: Nothing personal, itís business.
    Sara: Enjoy the movie, everyone.

0 0%
  • Trigun: Badlands Rumble
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Gasback: Once the dieís been cast, thereís no going back. And you rolled someone elseís die here today, Vash. I hope you wonít regret what youíve done. See you around.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Meryl: Clad in a long red coat that flutters in the burning sand, heís the Devilís messenger. A man known to reduce the most prosperous cities to ash. Vash the Stampede, an outlaw with $$60 billion on his head. The man known from horizon to horizon as the Humanoid Typhoon.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Amelia: This is an allergic reaction! It happens when I touch idiots like men!
    Vash: What?! Even a good-looking stud like me?!
    Amelia: ďGood-lookingĒ?! Ugh, I swear all men are the same!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Vash: So you insurance girls are like stalkers?
    Milly: Stalkers? No, we just follow you, we donít kill you or anything.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Amelia (drunk): Gasback is the...Gasback is the...toilet.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Man: What did you say to me, you cow?!
    Amelia: Fine, Iíll repeat myself. You canít get women and money and stuff like that by forcing yourself on those things, okay, genius?
    Man: You beiní sarcastic when you call me a genius? Or am I heariní you wrong?!
    Amelia: Oh, youíre heariní me wrong. Let me clear the whole thing up for ya, Iíll whisper it in your ear, okay? You. Are. A. $#*! bag!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Gasback: Now Vash, didnít I explain to youÖin a world built on struggles, you donít give. I donít believe itís smart to give anything, not even a single life. You think the die you just tossed will turn out to be a lucky one?
    Vash: UhÖdonít know.
    Gasback: See ya.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Wolfwood: So youíre being a pain in the ass as usual, I see.
    Vash: What can I do about it? Itís my nature to be who I am. Iím the one who threw the die on this one.
    Wolfwood: And you do have the worst throw in the world.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Wolfwood: Iíll take this out of your assÖlater.
    Vash: What! Youíre not happy Iím alive?!
    Wolfwood: Maybe Iíll beat your ass right now.
    Vash: That doesnít sound like fun. So, think maybe itís time we end this whole thing? ĎCause if we continue on, itíll be a real pain.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Wolfwood: Say, did you have any idea that Amelia was only nineteen years old?
    Vash: Yeah, I had my guess that she was in that age range.
    Wolfwood: What Iím getting at is that if you hadnít saved Gasback, she never wouldíve been born. Thatís about the shape of it.
    Vash: Makes sense.
    Wolfwood: Must mean you donít always get a bad roll of the dice, even when it turns up snake eyes.
    Vash: Yeah.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Ballad of Fallen Angels
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Vicious: When angels are forced out of heaven, they become devils. You agree, donít you, Spike?
    Spike: Iím just watching a bad dream I never wake up from.
    [u]Vicious: Iíll wake you up right now.
    Spike: Whatís your rush, Vicious? After all, itís been a long time.
    Vicious: Are you pleading for your life?
    Spike: Hardly, begging doesnít work on you, remember? Even when itís coming from a man who took you in and made you what you are.
    Vicious: Perhaps, but he was a beast who lost his fangs. Thatís why he had to die, Spike. And thatís why you have to die.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Ballad of Fallen Angels
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Vicious: You should see yourself! Do you have any idea what you look like right at this moment, Spike?
    Spike: What?
    Vicious: A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us, the blood of a beast who wanders, hunting for the blood of others.
    Spike: I bled all that kind of blood away!
    Vicious: THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Jupiter Jazz Part 1
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Boy: A star just fell from the sky.
    Shaman: That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior.
    Boy: What warrior is it?
    Shaman: A lost soul who has finished his battle somewhere on this planet.
    Boy: Ah?
    Shaman: A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the Great Spirit awaits us all.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Jupiter Jazz Part 1
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Spike: So, you boys need something?
    Thug Leader: Youíre Vicious!
    Spike: What did you say?!
    Thug Leader: Whereís the money?
    Thug: Hand it over or you wonít live to spend it!
    Spike: You think Iím Vicious?! You donít know what VICIOUS IS!!!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Jupiter Jazz Part 2
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Vicious: There is nothing left in this world to believe in.
    Spike: Vicious! Lin died protecting you! His soul is lost!
    Vicious: He wasnít protecting me, donít you get it? He was protecting the order!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Jupiter Jazz Part 2
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Gren: I get it now. Youíre the one. Youíre Spike. Julia was always talking about you. Your eyes are different colors. I remember her saying that. Said, ďyou get a strange feeling if you keep looking straight into his eyes.Ē
    Spike: Whereíd you meet her? Where was she?
    Gren: Right on the corner barstool. She slipped in when I wasnít looking. Sheíd ask me to play the same song every time she came in: strange lilting tune. And then she would smile. Oh, what a smile. So sad, so beautifulÖ

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Mushroom Samba
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Shaft: You wanna know why I drag an empty coffin like this wherever I go, huh? Heheh, I tell you! 'Cause I'm puttin' your corpse inside it! *Car runs over coffin and destroys it.*
    Edward: Pieces pieces, all gone.
    Domino: What's what with who?
    Shaft: My older brother ate a mushroom that he bought from you and then...he laughed until he twisted his intestines to death!
    Domino: Happy way to die, I'd say.
    Edward: Hahahaha!
    Shaft: Shut up! The whole thing was your fault!
    Domino: I'd call that unjust resentment.
    Edward: Edward is hungry!
    Shaft: Yeah?! Then eat this, fool!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Mushroom Samba
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Frog: Hey, mister. This here is the Stairway to Heaven. You know that, don't you?
    Spike: Obnoxious little frog.
    Frog: Fine, why should I care? I warned you, though!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Pierrot Le Fou
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Jet: In the beginning, he escaped from the facility to seek revenge. But now, he actually seems to actually enjoy the act of killing. Apparently, his mind is continuing to regress. So he's like a child with superhuman combat capabilities. And really, thereís nothing more pure and cruel as a child.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Pierrot Le Fou
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Mad Pierrot: AAAGGHHH! MOMMY! MOMMY IT HURTS! *continues crying until heís squashed by a parade robot*
    Jet: Spike, listen. I figured out what he is. Heís aÖ
    Spike: Forget it. I donít need the info anymore. Man, I hate theme parks.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Hard Luck Women
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Nun: Our Father in Heaven, you know weíre here. So Iíll leave off the rest. Eat hearty, kids!
    Kids: Thanks! Amen!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Hard Luck Women
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Edward: You canít come with me, Ein. Edward is going someplace far far away. Ed might not be coming back. So you better go back to the ship, Ein. Oh, do you wanna come with Ed? Come on, letís go! *SEE YOU COWGIRL, SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE!*

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues Part 1
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Vicious: Kill me. Just do it now.
    Van: You cannot choose how you will die, nor when. You must learn humility. When your pride is broken, then we will send you to the Underworld.
    Vicious: Don't forget...a serpent's venom poisons slowly after the bite.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues Part 1
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Jet: Have you heard this story? A man injures his leg during a hunt. He's in the middle of the Savannah, no means to treat the wound. The leg rots and death approaches. Last minute, he's picked up by an airplane. He looks down and sees a land of pure white below him, glistening in the light. It's the summit of a snow-capped mountain. The mountain is Kilimanjaro. As he gazes down, he feels the life flowing out of him. And he thinks, "That's where I was headed."
    Spike: And?
    Jet: I hate stories like that. Men only think about the past right before their death, as if they were searching frantically for proof that they were alive.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues Part 2
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Vicious: So, youíre finally awake. I told you before, Spike. Iím the only one who can kill you and set you free.
    Spike: Those words apply to you as well, Vicious. Either way, itís gonna end here.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues Part 2
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Spike: Bang...

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [12/28]

Like This Thread!
    It's the last weekend of Movie Month, and it's time for Trigun: Badlands Rumble!

Post your favorite quotes from the movie, and I'll compile them into a poll!

Also, due to the Cowboy Bebop marathon taking over 2/3rds of the block, I'll make an exception to the "Don't submit if it's aired in the past year" rule. If you want to submit Bebop quotes as well, feel free to.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 11/21 - BanzaiCon 2014 Report)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering if CB would be allowed, but man, 8 episodes? I gotta trim it down. But first, here's Trigun:
    Spoiler:

Toonami Intro:
    TOM: Sara, Iíve come to take you in.
    Sara: Take me in? Why?
    TOM: $$60 billion, dead or alive.
    Sara: Oh! Youíre doing the Vash-Trigun thing.
    TOM: Nothing personal, itís business.
    Sara: Enjoy the movie, everyone.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble:
    Gasback: Once the dieís been cast, thereís no going back. And you rolled someone elseís die here today, Vash. I hope you wonít regret what youíve done. See you around.

Meryl: Clad in a long red coat that flutters in the burning sand, heís the Devilís messenger. A man known to reduce the most prosperous cities to ash. Vash the Stampede, an outlaw with $$60 billion on his head. The man known from horizon to horizon as the Humanoid Typhoon.

Amelia: This is an allergic reaction! It happens when I touch idiots like men!
    Vash: What?! Even a good-looking stud like me?!
    Amelia: ďGood-lookingĒ?! Ugh, I swear all men are the same!

Vash: So you insurance girls are like stalkers?
    Milly: Stalkers? No, we just follow you, we donít kill you or anything.

Amelia(drunk): Gasback is theÖGasback is theÖtoilet

Man: What did you say to me, you cow?!
    Amelia: Fine, Iíll repeat myself. You canít get women and money and stuff like that by forcing yourself on those things, okay, genius?
    Man: You beiní sarcastic when you call me a genius? Or am I heariní you wrong?!
    Amelia: Oh, youíre heariní me wrong. Let me clear the whole thing up for ya, Iíll whisper it in your ear, okay? You. Are. A. $#*! bag!

Gasback: Now Vash, didnít I explain to youÖin a world built on struggles, you donít give. I donít believe itís smart to give anything, not even a single life. You think the die you just tossed will turn out to be a lucky one?
    Vash: UhÖdonít know.
    Gasback: See ya.

Wolfwood: So youíre being a pain in the ass as usual, I see.
    Vash: What can I do about it? Itís my nature to be who I am. Iím the one who threw the die on this one.
    Wolwood: And you do have the worst throw in the world.

Wolfwood: Iíll take this out of your assÖlater.
    Vash: What! Youíre not happy Iím alive?!
    Wolfwood: Maybe Iíll beat your ass right now.
    Vash: That doesnít sound like fun. So, think maybe itís time we end this whole thing? ĎCause if we continue on, itíll be a real pain.

Wolfwood: Say, did you have any idea that Amelia was only nineteen years old?
    Vash: Yeah, I had my guess that she was in that age range.
    Wolfwood: What Iím getting at is that if you hadnít saved Gasback, she never wouldíve been born. Thatís about the shape of it.
    Vash: Makes sense.
    Wolfwood: Must mean you donít always get a bad roll of the dice, even whenS it turns up snake eyes.
    Vash: Yeah.

And now, Cowboy Bebop:
    Spoiler:

#5 Ballad of Fallen Angels:
    Vicious: When angels are forced out of heaven, they become devils. You agree, donít you, Spike?
    Spike: Iím just watching a bad dream I never wake up from.
    Vicious: Iíll wake you up right now.
    Spike: Whatís your rush, Vicious? After all, itís been a long time.
    Vicious: Are you pleading for your life?
    Spike: Hardly, begging doesnít work on you, remember? Even when itís coming from a man who took you in and made you what you are.
    Vicious: Perhaps, but he was a beast who lost his fangs. Thatís why he had to die, Spike. And thatís why you have to die.

Vicious: You should see yourself! Do you have any idea what you look like right at this moment, Spike?
    Spike: What?
    Vicious: A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us, the blood of a beast who wanders, hunting for the blood of others.
    Spike: I bled all that kind of blood away!
    Vicious: THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!!

#12 Jupiter Jazz Part 1:
    Boy: A star just fell from the sky.
    Shaman: That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior.
    Boy: What warrior is it?
    Shaman: A lost soul who has finished his battle somewhere on this planet.
    Boy: Ah?
    Shaman: A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the Great Spirit awaits us all.

Spike: So, you boys need something?
    Thug Leader: Youíre Vicious!
    Spike: What did you say?!
    Thug Leader: Whereís the money?
    Thug: Hand it over or you wonít live to spend it!
    Spike: You think Iím Vicious?! You donít know what VICIOUS IS!!!

#13 Jupiter Jazz Part 2:
    Vicious: There is nothing left in this world to believe in.
    Spike: Vicious! Lin died protecting you! His soul is lost!
    Vicious: He wasnít protecting me, donít you get it? He was protecting the order!

Gren: I get it now. Youíre the one. Youíre Spike. Julia was always talking about you. Your eyes are different colors. I remember her saying that. Said, ďyou get a strange feeling if you keep looking straight into his eyes.Ē
    Spike: Whereíd you meet her? Where was she?
    Gren: Right on the corner barstool. She slipped in when I wasnít looking. Sheíd ask me to play the same song every time she came in: strange lilting tune. And then she would smile. Oh, what a smile. So sad, so beautifulÖ

#17 Mushroom Samba:
    Shaft: You wanna know why I drag an empty coffin like this wherever I go, huh? Heheh, I tell you! 'Cause I'm puttin' your corpse inside it!
    *Car runs over coffin and destroys it.*
    Edward: Pieces pieces, all gone.
    Domino: What's what with who?
    Shaft: My older brother ate a mushroom that he bought from you and then...he laughed until he twisted his intestines to death!
    Domino: Happy way to die, I'd say.
    Edward: Hahahaha!
    Shaft: Shut up! The whole thing was your fault!
    Domino: I'd call that unjust resentment.
    Edward: Edward is hungry!
    Shaft: Yeah?! Then eat this, fool!

Frog: Hey, mister. This here is the Stairway to Heaven. You know that, don't you?
    Spike: Obnoxious little frog.
    Frog: Fine, why should I care? I warned you, though!

#20 Pierrot Le Fou:
    Jet: In the beginning, he escaped from the facility to seek revenge. But now, he actually seems to actually enjoy the act of killing. Apparently, his mind is continuing to regress. So he's like a child with superhuman combat capabilities. And really, thereís nothing more pure and cruel as a child.

Mad Pierrot: AAAGGHHH! MOMMY! MOMMY IT HURTS!
    *continues crying until heís squashed by a parade robot*
    Jet: Spike, listen. I figured out what he is. Heís aÖ
    Spike: Forget it. I donít need the info anymore. Man, I hate theme parks.

#24 Hard Luck Woman:
    Nun: Our Father in Heaven, you know weíre here. So Iíll leave off the rest. Eat hearty, kids!
    Kids: Thanks! Amen!

Edward: You canít come with me, Ein. Edward is going someplace far far away. Ed might not be coming back. So you better go back to the ship, Ein. Oh, do you wanna come with Ed? Come on, letís go!
    SEE YOU COWGIRL, SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE!

#25 The Real Folk Blues Part 1:
    Vicious: Kill me. Just do it now.
    Van: You cannot choose how you will die, nor when. You must learn humility. When your pride is broken, then we will send you to the Underworld.
    Vicious: Don't forget...a serpent's venom poisons slowly after the bite.

Jet: Have you heard this story? A man injures his leg during a hunt. He's in the middle of the Savannah, no means to treat the wound. The leg rots and death approaches. Last minute, he's picked up by an airplane. He looks down and sees a land of pure white below him, glistening in the light. It's the summit of a snow-capped mountain. The mountain is Kilimanjaro. As he gazes down, he feels the life flowing out of him. And he thinks, "That's where I was headed."
    Spike: And?
    Jet: I hate stories like that. Men only think about the past right before their death, as if they were searching frantically for proof that they were alive.

#26 The Real Folk Blues Part 2:
    Vicious: So, youíre finally awake. I told you before, Spike. Iím the only one who can kill you and set you free.
    Spike: Those words apply to you as well, Vicious. Either way, itís gonna end here.

And last, but certainly not least...
    Spoiler:

Spike: Bang...
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The final throwback poll of 2013 is now up!

I'd like to thank everybody for being patient with me while I went through posting this large backlog. Something like this won't happen again, the Line of the Night polls from this point forward will be far more punctual.

The poll for last Saturday's Toonami will be up before tomorrow night.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 11/21 - BanzaiCon 2014 Report)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!