toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Neo Tokyo is about to explode!

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Patron: Why donít you sell normal drinks for a change?!
    Bartender: How Ďbout buyiní something for once?! This ainít a hangout for damn street gangs!
    Patron: Yeah right! Drink your dog piss?!

0 0%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Police: And howís your mother doing?
    Kaneda: Fortunately, the worst is over. She cleared the hump.
    Police: She cleared the hump, huh? What next, a triathalon?

0 0%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Teacher: This school is your last chance! If trash like yourselves canít keep up with the academic ability of regular students, THIS IS IT! If you canít live a decent social life, you end up here! And if you screw up here, itís the end of the road!
    Principal: Also, even though youíre under fifteen, if you get more than fifty penalty points on your record, youíre sent to the regular corps.
    Kaneda: Ah, bite me! Donít mess with us, you bald old goat.
    Teacher: ARE ANY OF YOU LISTENING!
    Yamagata: You lost me halfway through, sir!
    Teacher: DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISMISSED!
    Kanedaís gang: Thank you very much, sir! Oh!
    Kaneda: Ya loser! You and me are gonna go at it someday, jerk!
    Yamagata: Weíre gonna remember this, buddy!

1 50.00%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Shikishima: Look at what they abandoned in their panic. They were too scared so they hid it away from the public, losing all sense of shame and honor. Casting aside the civilization and abandoning the science that created it. Shutting the lid of the Pandora's box they themselves had opened!

0 0%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ryu: Whoís this?
    Kaneda: Whoís this?! Well, I guess if I say Iím Keiís boyfriend, itís stretching it a bit! Uh, depends on your point of view! But we havenít gotten physical or anything! You understand, donít you?!
    Man: Are you a spy?!
    Kaneda: No Iím not!
    Man: Youíre lying!

0 0%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Hippie: That which is called sciences perverts providence! That which is called progress encourages extravagance! That which is called civilization devastates the spirit of man! The time of atonement is upon us! Are your hearts prepared?! This time is nigh! The time of his awakening is nigh! The moment of Lord Akiraís awakening is drawing closer! Are your hearts and minds prepared for a new comiiiiing?!

0 0%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Tetsuo: Oh, thatís right! I forgot you were there! There, do you see, Kaneda? I wonít be needing you to come to the rescue ever again, okay? From now on, Iíll be in charge of the heroics. So if you need any saving, just ask, Kan-y!
    Kaneda: Damn it, Tetsuo! Who the hell do you think youíre talking to, you moron?!
    Tetuso: Ha! You donít like what youíre hearing, do ya? Makes you angry? So what are you gonna do now?! Well, Kaneda?! What are you gonna do noooooow?!!

1 50.00%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Tetsuo: *Finds Akira's remains* What the hell is this?
    Shikishima: That is Akira before you, Tetsuo! Thatís the Akira you wanted to meet! There is your ďMessiahĒ, the Chosen One that youíve been looking for!

0 0%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Tetsuo: Kaneda, youíve always been a pain in the ass, you know. Youíve been telling me what to do since we were kids. You always treat me like a kid! You always show up and start bossing me around, and donít you deny it!
    Kaneda: And now youíre a boss tooÖof this pile of rubble!
    Tetsuo: KANEDAAAAAA!!!
    Kaneda: Thatís Mister Kaneda to you, punk! TETSUOOOOOO!!!

1 50.00%
  • Akira
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Tetsuo: I am...Tetsuo...

1 50.00%
  • Toonami: Akira Bump
    Submitted by animepwns
    TOM: I don't know about you, but I love this movie.

1 50.00%
  • Toonami: Akira Bump
    Submitted by animepwns
    TOM: Raise your hand if this is the first time you've seen Akira!

1 50.00%
  • The M Machine: Tiny Anthem
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Lyrics: Hey! Dragging me that way
    But I can't feel your eyes upon my skin
    Hey! Begging me to stay here
    But I can't stop the rain from coming in

0 0%
  • Les Savy Fav: What Would Wolves Do
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Lyrics: The world may seem cruel
    The worldly may hate us
    In time we will show the world why the world made us

1 50.00%
  • Neon Indian: Fallout
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Lyrics: If I could fall out of love with you
    I need to fall out of love with you
    Please let me fall out of love with youÖ with youÖ with youÖ with you

0 0%
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Blue Shadow Virus
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Intro: Fear is a disease; hope is the only cure.

1 50.00%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Nuvo: Allow me to present ze return of the IN-famous Bluuue Shadooow Wy-rus!
    Padme: The Blue Shadow Virus? I thought that deadly disease was extinct.
    Nuvo: Yeees, it was vight vrom ze galaxy generations ago, but IÖhave given it life vonce again!
    Jar Jar: Ah! You-sa no-sa creatiní life! You-sa takiní life! You-sa poison the Gungan walker!
    Nuvo: Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yes! Yeah-yeah-yes. Unfortunately, ze Blue Shadow Wy-rus, in its natural form, thrives only in water. Until IÖimproved upon zat veakness.

1 50.00%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ahsoka: The bomb has been deactivated. Did you find Vindi?
    Anakin: Deactivated as well. Have you seen Padme?
    Ahsoka: She's right next to me. I'm okay too! Thanks for asking.

0 0%
  • Ghost in the Shell Idolater
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Red-suited female: Bang!

0 0%
  • Ghost in the Shell Idolater
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Jarti: Itís all over for me now.
    Batou: Hi! *grabs Jarti and pulls him out the bathroom window* Why donít you dream about something else for a while?!

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Sacred Vajra and the Mystery of the Living Buddha
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Inuyasha: Come on! How many dirty little tricks are you gonna try and pull on me?!
    Bankotsu: Are you stupid?! In a match to the death, thereís no such thing as fair or foul!

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Sacred Vajra and the Mystery of the Living Buddha
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Miroku: Donít you worry about a thing, Kagome. From this point on, I wonít have a spare moment to caress Sangoís enticing body.
    Sango: Iíll show you enticing!

1 50.00%
  • Inuyasha: Koga's Solitary Battle
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kagome: Inuyasha?
    Inuyasha: What?
    Kagome: Getting all irritated isnít gonna help us any. Just relax, would ya?
    Inuyasha: What makes you think Iím irritated?
    Kagome: Then how about giving that leg-bouncing thing a rest? Itís annoying.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Inuyasha: Listen, Koga is a wolf demon. He wouldn't die in a place like this! Come on, Koga! Quit lying around! Get up!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Inuyasha: Band of Seven...most importantly Naraku...be afraid, 'cause I'm coming for you.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [12/7]

Like This Thread!
    Well, it's Tuesday and Bigddan11 is probably busy, so I guess I'm doing his thread for this week.

Post your favorite lines from Akira and all the other shows of this past Saturday, and I'll do a poll of them. I'll actually make more of an effort to get them done in a timely manner this month, so don't expect a giant delay like most of this year has been.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

animePWNS is offline Season 2, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's see...10 lines from Akira, two from TOM, some of the lyrics to each of the music videos, and three lines each from Star Wars and both Inuyashas. Hope that's not overboard.

Spoiler:

Akira:
    Patron: Why donít you sell normal drinks for a change?!
    Bartender: How Ďbout buyiní something for once?! This ainít a hangout for damn street gangs!
    Patron: Yeah right! Drink your dog piss?!

Police: And howís your mother doing?
    Kaneda: Fortunately, the worst is over. She cleared the hump.
    Police: She cleared the hump, huh? What next, a triathalon?

Teacher: This school is your last chance! If trash like yourselves canít keep up with the academic ability of regular students, THIS IS IT! If you canít live a decent social life, you end up here! And if you screw up here, itís the end of the road!
    Principal: Also, even though youíre under fifteen, if you get more than fifty penalty points on your record, youíre sent to the regular corps.
    Kaneda: Ah, bite me! Donít mess with us, you bald old goat.
    Teacher: ARE ANY OF YOU LISTENING!
    Yamagata: You lost me halfway through, sir!
    Teacher: DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISCIPLINE! DISMISSED!
    Kanedaís gang: Thank you very much, sir! Oh!
    Kaneda: Ya loser! You and me are gonna go at it someday, jerk!
    Yamagata: Weíre gonna remember this, buddy!

Shikishima: Look at what they abandoned in their panic. They were too scared so they hid it away from the public, losing all sense of shame and honor. Casting aside the civilization and abandoning the science that created it. Shutting the lid of the Pandora's box they themselves had opened!

Ryu: Whoís this?
    Kaneda: Whoís this?! Well, I guess if I say Iím Keiís boyfriend, itís stretching it a bit! Uh, depends on your point of view! But we havenít gotten physical or anything! You understand, donít you?!
    Man: Are you a spy?!
    Kaneda: No Iím not!
    Man: Youíre lying!

Hippie: That which is called sciences perverts providence! That which is called progress encourages extravagance! That which is called civilization devastates the spirit of man! The time of atonement is upon us! Are your hearts prepared?! This time is nigh! The time of his awakening is nigh! The moment of Lord Akiraís awakening is drawing closer! Are your hearts and minds prepared for a new comiiiiing?!

Tetsuo: Oh, thatís right! I forgot you were there! There, do you see, Kaneda? I wonít be needing you to come to the rescue ever again, okay? From now on, Iíll be in charge of the heroics. So if you need any saving, just ask, Kan-y!
    Kaneda: Damn it, Tetsuo! Who the hell do you think youíre talking to, you moron?!
    Tetuso: Ha! You donít like what youíre hearing, do ya? Makes you angry? So what are you gonna do now?! Well, Kaneda?! What are you gonna do noooooow?!!

*after Tetsuo finds Akiraís remains*
    Tetsuo: What the hell is this?
    Shikishima: That is Akira before you, Tetsuo! Thatís the Akira you wanted to meet! There is your ďMessiahĒ, the Chosen One that youíve been looking for!

Tetsuo: Kaneda, youíve always been a pain in the ass, you know. Youíve been telling me what to do since we were kids. You always treat me like a kid! You always show up and start bossing me around, and donít you deny it!
    Kaneda: And now youíre a boss tooÖof this pile of rubble!
    Tetsuo: KANEDAAAAAA!!!
    Kaneda: Thatís Mister Kaneda to you, punk!
    *they fight*
    Kaneda: TETSUOOOOOO!!!

Tetsuo: I amÖTetsuoÖ

Akira-Toonami Bumps:
    TOM: I donít know about you, but I love this movie.

TOM: Raise your hand if this is the first time youíve seen Akira!

Tiny Anthem, The M Machine:
    Hey! Dragging me that way
    But I can't feel your eyes upon my skin
    Hey! Begging me to stay here
    But I can't stop the rain from coming in

What Would Wolves Do, Les Savy Fav:
    The world may seem cruel
    The worldly may hate us
    In time we will show the world why the world made us

Fallout, Neon Indian:
    If I could fall out of love with you
    I need to fall out of love with you
    Please let me fall out of love with youÖ with youÖ with youÖ with you

Star Wars: The Clone Wars #1.17:
    Intro: Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.

Nuvo: Allow me to present ze return of the IN-famous Bluuue Shadooow Wy-rus!
    Padme: The Blue Shadow Virus? I thought that deadly disease was extinct.
    Nuvo: Yeees, it was vight vrom ze galaxy generations ago, but IÖhave given it life vonce again!
    Jar Jar: Ah! You-sa no-sa creatiní life! You-sa takiní life! You-sa poison the Gungan walker!
    Nuvo: Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yes! Yeah-yeah-yes. Unfortunately, ze Blue Shadow Wy-rus, in its natural form, thrives only in water. Until IÖimproved upon zat veakness.

Ahsoka: The bomb has been deactivated. Did you find Vindi?
    Anakin: Deactivated as well. Have you seen Padme?
    Ahsoka: Sheís right next to me. Iím okay too! Thanks for asking.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #7:
    Red-suited female: Bang!

Jarti: Itís all over for me now.
    Batou: Hi! *grabs Jarti and pulls him out the bathroom window* Why donít you dream about something else for a while?!

Inuyasha #113:
    Inuyasha: Come on! How many dirty little tricks are you gonna try and pull on me?!
    Bankotsu: Are you stupid?! In a match to the death, thereís no such thing as fair or foul!

Miroku: Donít you worry about a thing, Kagome. From this point on, I wonít have a spare moment to caress Sangoís enticing body.
    Sango: Iíll show you enticing!

Inuyasha #114:
    Kagome: Inuyasha?
    Inuyasha: What?
    Kagome: Getting all irritated isnít gonna help us any. Just relax, would ya?
    Inuyasha: What makes you think Iím irritated?
    Kagome: Then how about giving that leg-bouncing thing a rest? Itís annoying.

Inuyasha: Listen, Koga is a wolf demon. He wouldnít die in a place like this! Come on, Koga! Quit lying around! Get up!

Inuyasha: Band of SevenÖmore importantly NarakuÖbe afraid, Ďcause Iím coming for you.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The poll is now up!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!