toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OtakuGirl85 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toonami network in the United States?

Like This Thread!
    So I was reading this article on the website Nick and more about the Boomerang no longer being ad free and I was reading the pros and I feel like they could add more funding to the network to have kids be aware of classic cartoons or being more active. But then there's the cons and I think they might face complete extermination of the network any which way. I mean there's less classic cartoons and more new shows from migrated cartoon network shows, a change of identity/ brand update all those stuff that will still get rebranded by Toonami and/or Adult Swim.
    With last year's April fools prank about the Toonami network what do you think about this situation? What are your ideas on the Toonami network? Does anyone still care about these classic cartoons? And if they were get rebranded, where would they go?
    A lot of those DC comic animated shows of the 90s are now on the hub so that's out of the question. What anime shows you might see on that? What's your overall opinion?

Toon Zone Talkback - CN launching new channel called Toonami, replacing Boomerang

Boomerang Breaks Ad-Free Boundaries

RandomMe is online now She partied without dancing
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    I wish we had a Toonami channel in Europe, similar to Toonami Asia. And I wish that the European version aired lots of anime and game reviews.
    But still, a Toonami channel for the States could be a good idea. It could be a cross between the American block and the Asian channel, and Toonami fans can stop waiting for Saturday night!

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this is a nice idea and they got more than enough materials in the current market to justify a Toonami network. Not only you get reruns of anime like Sailor Moon, the Dragon Ball series, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star but you also get action Cartoon Network shows like Teen Titans, Generator Rex and Samurai Jack. I like the idea of having Power Puff Girls Z as example for original programming on the network as well as featuring a Adult Swim shows to broadcast on the network as well. Everything you seen on the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim Toonami will be there. Everything contests, music videos, video game reviews, a jet stream service, and network official website will be there.Lineups such as Midnight Run and Rising Sun will be there also. As well as adapting ideas from the Asian version (like fanart).

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And the Pretty Cure dub could make its USA debut there!

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGirl85 View Post
    Not only you get reruns of anime like Sailor Moon
    And they're licensed by...who, exactly?

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't you think they'd need to get Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star from somewhere? And it'd cost them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    I don't think the current market has enough material to justify a Toonami network.
    Hate to say, but this is the exact truth.

HUBTigers87 is offline Sign Holder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    Don't you think they'd need to get Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star from somewhere? And it'd cost them too.

Hate to say, but this is the exact truth.
    Agreed -- and if it were to ever happen, I'd hope it wouldn't be just classics, but to have new shows in place, and of course, all of them wouldn't need to be anime, but to have more American action cartoons.

Just to bring this up, if there was ever the slightest chance it could happen, put them on BOOM and keep the BoomerAction block... Toonami Network would feel more likely to happen over this anyway, but just to point it out there.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | GO WINNING TEAM!

Let the bag out of the cat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBTigers87 View Post
    Agreed -- and if it were to ever happen, I'd hope it wouldn't be just classics, but to have new shows in place, and of course, all of them wouldn't need to be anime, but to have more American action cartoons.

Just to bring this up, if there was ever the slightest chance it could happen, put them on BOOM and keep the BoomerAction block... Toonami Network would feel more likely to happen over this anyway, but just to point it out there.
    Ill be nice if they adapt ideas from the Asian version like fan art, make it socially charged multiplatform experience by fans for fans. Have the fans give input especially in programming. See this link for details Turner Broadcasting System Asia Launches Toonami Channel - News - Anime News Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And by the way stick with TOM and not Nami see link
    http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast