toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
    A Toonami network sounds good in theory, but then you would have to decide what the target audience would be. Would it be aimed towards adults(18-34, 18-49) like the version on AS is? Would it be aimed towards tweens like the old Toonami was(6-11, 9-14)? Or would it be a hybrid, aiming towards kids during the day and targeting adults at night?
    I'd have to say 'yes' on your demo idea for time periods. I just can't imagine the current weekly demo watching 'repeats' of such during the day. The channel would flop like nothing's ever flopped before. Kids during the morning/day. Tween/teen can have their fun in the mid-evening then transition to a little more adult-orientated series. No, likely wont happen, but if it does, then will I ever be glad to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
    As amusing as it would be seeing TOM doing the intro for Almost Human or Revolution, I'm sure other people wouldn't be happy about that.
    They'd likely prefer that over a 4-peat of "Kick Heart"
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think a Toonami network would work in the US. Similar to how Teletoon was in its early days, a Toonami channel could divide into separate blocks targeting each demographic. Kids should be in the mornings/afternoons/early evenings, Teens should be in the late evenings/nights and Adults should be in the late nights.

But I don't think it has enough shows for a 24/7 grab. Some of the Toonami shows had expired. Though I think the kids block has enough programming to last a day (PPG, Ben 10, Pokémon, Beyblade, NinjaGo, Teen Titans, DreamWorks Dragons, Samurai Jack, etc. seems to be enough), but I don't about the teen or adult block yet.

But in order for a 24/7 Toonami to work, it would require more new bumpers, cable/satellite pick ups, more advertising and enough demand.

Go visit my new blog, Cartoon Central for reviews, games, fun and more!

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that be awesome, but im not gonna rule this out yet, until its confirmed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2