toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lanmanna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Make it happen, Turner.

OtakuGirl85 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah most people don't like classic cartoons anymore except remakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would be awesome to have a new Toonami Channel in the United States , so I can watch anime everyday,all day. Make It Happen Turner!

Anime-Technocrat is offline www.webcomicsnation.com/jm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    Make it happen, Turner.
    Ditto. We're waiting, Ted.

If I won the $500 lottery, I'd bribe Ted Turner, Sean Akins, and Gen Fukunaga myself, with a big fat $500 mill. Which is a logical assumption seeing as Turner created CN originally by purchasing the Hannah Barbera library for either hundred mills or 1 or 3 bill.

Seriously, I don't know why no one off the street of wall street or Los Angeles just steps in and throws money at these people to make it happen. If I was already rich and living in Los Angeles that is exactly what I would do, at the very least I'd make a pitch to Ted. I've bought numerous biographies on Ted Turner just to figure out how he did it, how he created CN, and that's how. He bought a library of shows and constructed a CNN like animation network broadcasting studio/office around that vision. It evolved into Cartoon Network. Williams Street, and Boomerang.
    The future of your employment depends on one thing. Where you live.

If you live in Asia, you stand a much better chance of drawing anime and manga in a studio better than everyone else.

If you live in North America, apply that rule to traditional American cartoons instead.

RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    Make it happen, Turner.
    I also want see our dreams about an American Toonami channel come true.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime-Technocrat View Post
    Ditto. We're waiting, Ted.

If I won the $500 lottery, I'd bribe Ted Turner, Sean Akins, and Gen Fukunaga myself, with a big fat $500 mill. Which is a logical assumption seeing as Turner created CN originally by purchasing the Hannah Barbera library for either hundred mills or 1 or 3 bill.

Seriously, I don't know why no one off the street of wall street or Los Angeles just steps in and throws money at these people to make it happen. If I was already rich and living in Los Angeles that is exactly what I would do, at the very least I'd make a pitch to Ted. I've bought numerous biographies on Ted Turner just to figure out how he did it, how he created CN, and that's how. He bought a library of shows and constructed a CNN like animation network broadcasting studio/office around that vision. It evolved into Cartoon Network. Williams Street, and Boomerang.
    Ted's been retired for years. Try asking Stuart Snyder.

dragonzatch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd like this channel, if it were to ever come to air, to look like this:

Play action cartoons from Cartoon Network, old Toonami shows like Rurouni Kenshin (they still have the edited tapes I think), and some of their tamer current shows (Naruto, One Piece, IGPX, Big O) during the day, with the occasional G/PG rated action flick (Summer Wars, The Iron Giant, etc)

At night play some more edgy Toonami stuff (Bleach, Blue Exorcist, Space Dandy, FLCL) and some old Adult Swim Action stuff (Blue Gender, Paranoia Agent, Samurai Champloo, Durarara) as well as new shows (Baccano, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Cowboy Bebop in HD) and PG-13/R rated action movies (Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie).

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonzatch View Post
    Rurouni Kenshin (they still have the edited tapes I think)
    Nope. Media Blasters' rights have expired, so Toonami can't air them.

However, Sony DOES hold the rights to the series in the U.S., and they have a dub of their own. Unfortunately, it's much worse than the one that MB made, so if they did get the show back, we'd have to suffer with an inferior dub.

Paranoia Agent
    Not happening; the show is out of print. Geneon went under and the series hasn't been relicensed since.

Zerogamer is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Toonami has enough problems then being a full channel, programing isn't there there more cartoons that don't fit the Toonami brand in a network, keep Boomerang and 90 are all that cause it makes sense. Sean Akins, is no longer with cn or adult swim. Plus Toonami crew is working for free so I doubt a network for Toonami will ever exist unless someone takes Miguzi out there hand and reboots that into a network or block I can see happening. I think Toonami crew will forever work on toonami for free besides CGI, cause it simply able to keep Toonami Alive. No need for more work for free now is there?
    Daniel Sherlock
    Webmaster/Co-Founder
    Of ToonamiFaithful.com

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Toonami network sounds good in theory, but then you would have to decide what the target audience would be. Would it be aimed towards adults(18-34, 18-49) like the version on AS is? Would it be aimed towards tweens like the old Toonami was(6-11, 9-14)? Or would it be a hybrid, aiming towards kids during the day and targeting adults at night?

Also, while the initial years would be about action animation(with comedy sprinkled in), I wouldn't be surprised if they started airing live-action action shows in order to broaden the audience. As amusing as it would be seeing TOM doing the intro for Almost Human or Revolution, I'm sure other people wouldn't be happy about that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast