toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Naruto Episodes 53-220 Talkback Thread

Like This Thread!
    Hey there! So you've finished episode 52 and need to catch up before Shippuden. Or you've watched the series before and just want to discuss your most or least favorite moments of the original anime. Or maybe you just want to talk about the best fight scenes. Whatever the case, this thread is for YOU, the be-all, end-all discussion for episodes 53-220 of the original Naruto anime, which will not broadcast on Adult Swim but did broadcast in near-uncut form (sans swear words and an alcohol reference) in Toonami's original run on Cartoon Network.

Please stay civil and enjoy discussing one of the most popular anime to have ever aired on either side of the Pacific!

Official Naruto Talkback Thread

Openings

"Haruka Kanata" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation (episode 53)
    "Kanashimi wo Yasashisani" by little by little (eps 54-77)
    "GO!!!" by FLOW (eps 78-103)
    "Seishun Kyosokyoku" by Sambomaster (eps 104-128)
    "No Boy, No Cry" by Stance Punks (eps 129-153)
    "Namikaze Satellite" by Snowkel (eps 154-178)
    "Re:member" by FLOW (eps 179-202)
    "YURA YURA" by Hearts Grow (eps 203-220)

Endings:

Viva Rock ~Japanese Side~" by Orange Range (episodes 53-64)
    "ALIVE" by Raiko (eps 65-77)
    "Ima made Nando mo" by the Mass Missile (eps 78-89)
    "Ryusei" by Tia (eps 90-103)
    "Mountain A Go Go Too" by Captain Stridum (eps 104-115)
    "Hajimete Kimi to Shabetta" by GagagaSP (eps 116-128)
    "Nakushita Kotoba" by No Regret Life (eps 129-141)
    "Speed" by Analog Fish (eps 142-153)
    "Soba ni Iru Kara" by Amadori (eps 154-165)
    "Parade" by CHABA (eps 166-178)
    "Yellow Moon" by Akeboshi (eps 179-191)
    "Pinocchio" by Ore Ska Band (eps 192-202)
    "Scenario" by SABOTEN (eps 203-220)

All Naruto OPs and EDs can be downloaded in high quality from the Toonami Digital Arsenal.

Spoilers for the entire original Naruto anime are allowed! However, spoiler talk for the Shippuden sequel series is strictly forbidden! If you must talk Shippuden please go to the Anime Forum or through PM, or Orochimaru will be coming for YOU! Believe it!

Enjoy discussing episodes 53-220! Until Shippuden.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Those of you watching Naruto for the first time, I'd advise you to stop at episode 135, since that is the end of the canon episodes. How bad the 85 episodes of filler that follows it is debatable, but really...they are frivolous at the end of the day and you can make a better use of you time rather than watching 85 non-essential episodes. The only filler arcs that I might recommend are the first (eps 136-141) and the last (215-220), since the first contains an important development for Sakura's character at the end of episode 141 and the second contains, well, the ending before the timeskip to Shippuden as seen in the manga in episode 220, as well as having a Gaara focused arc which is nice considering the first arc of Shippuden.

Or, if you'd rather, you can always read the manga. You'll get through it quicker. Even cutting out the filler, 83 episodes is a lot to watch in a month's time for the busy man. ^^,

And before anyone calls me out, yes, I do not like Naruto anymore, ESPECIALLY not Shippuden. That doesn't mean I don't know what the best way to go through the show is based on my own experiences when I did like it.
    Aspiring Artist. Lover of Cartoons.

You can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, MyAnimeList, & Ask.com

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've come to the decision to watch the remaining canon episodes of Naruto first, before anything else. I do want to watch the filler eventually, despite the bad things I hear about it, just for the sake of completeness.

That being said, I have so far watched up through episode 100. Highlights so far:

Spoiler:
    Naruto's fight with Neji. It was also pretty cool to get some backstory on Neji.

The first half of Orochimaru and the Third Hokage. It just sucked when we get to 5 episodes of back and forth soul taking.

Gaara vs. Naruto and Gaara's backstory. I was happily surprised when Gaara's backstory didn't fall into the "special person dies- person goes insane" territory, and Gaara just flat out broke because no one liked him.

Jiraya the Perverted Hermit is pretty cool so far. When he actually gets into battle he's the s**t.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's a bit of a bummer. They'll be cutting off just when the original Japanese intros started airing in the U.S. run.

Also, I was looking forward to seeing the alcohol reference in the uncut broadcast. It was one of the few edits in this show that really could've been worth the wait to see as it was originally intended. Oh, well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sucks we don't get to see the Naruto/Neji fight. That is one of my favorite fights. I just love when an a**hole gets the ass-kicking he deserves.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To anyone who hasn't watched the rest of the Naruto episodes in the original series: don't watch it. Jump into Shippuden blind. It's not worth it! Abandon ship!

Seriously though, skip the filler if you're going to watch it. Do yourself a favor.

LegoFan224 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since episode #220 is the last one, does it transition intro Shippuden, or is that one also filler?

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It serves as a transition to Shippuden in the sense it adapts the last few parts of the final chapter of the manga pre-timeskip. Though it's nothing significant, and really the ending of #135 itself works as a stopping point before one watches Shippuden, so it's not really necessary to watch #220 at all.
    Aspiring Artist. Lover of Cartoons.

You can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, MyAnimeList, & Ask.com

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon X View Post
    It serves as a transition to Shippuden in the sense it adapts the last few parts of the final chapter of the manga pre-timeskip. Though it's nothing significant, and really the ending of #135 itself works as a stopping point before one watches Shippuden, so it's not really necessary to watch #220 at all.
    There are three filler arcs that semi-translate into canon. The very first one, which covers #136-141, does shift Sakura's character and set her up for Shippuden. Episodes #169-173 contain some Orochimaru setup for Shippuden and a Sasuke cameo, fleshes out Anko's character, and also permanently kills off a couple of Orochimaru's Part 1 minions, but the arc is marred by stiff, poor animation. The final arc, #216-220, sets up Shippuden, gives Gaara plenty of screentime, and does have that canon scene at the end of the episode.

However, none of them are essential for understanding Shippuden. #135 does work as a stopping point, and that's honestly how it is treated on both sides of the Pacific. An HD re-release of the series in Japan stopped at #135, and when Viz released a series of special boxsets, the 4th of these boxsets ends with #135, thus making buying the filler entirely optional.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Somewhere I hope to find the last 11 episodes in the dub that CN didn't air and watch them in time for Shippuden. It's been close to 5 years so I'll likely not remember what happened.

I'm not a manga follower, but most 'filler' stuff doesn't bother me, and most times I can tell apart that from the canon. I watched through pretty much all of it in it's first run. There were moments where my hand covered my face, but it wasn't entirely bad. I remember "The Curry of Life", which I enjoyed.

I too will be sad not to see the Naruto/Neji fight, it was great.

For some reason, I'd always though Toonami Arsenal and asfdotcom was a sight with illegal uploads even if just intros/outros and promos, but I guess not. With me, they felt as one of those "too good to be legit-types". There's something I don't know behind it.
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Current DVD marathon: Aaahh!!! Real Monsters S2-4 (daytime) | Ghost Hunt (night time)

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast