toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lostrune is offline Detective Rachel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

We know where Tsubaki has been going around when she's not in class.
    We saw this on the roads tonight:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C&C - Soul Eater- "Asura's Temptation - The Big Man's Uncontrollable Irritation?" [11/16]-s7qwd0v.jpg  

Radical is offline The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 38 was pretty sweet,

The highlights:
    Lord Death is a master of keeping secrets, hehehe.
    Joe Buttataki is a cool interesting funny new character.
    Joe's coffee addiction like Garfield's was funny, hahahahahaha.
    Black Star's just desserts losing his confidence due to his recent defeats was well-deserved, despite his awful goal, he accomplishes nothing next to Iris(Pokémon Black/White), it serves that obnoxious unlikable scumbag right.
    Black Star is like Naruto/Rock Lee, but Naruto/Rock Lee are awesome/likable and better than Black Star.
    Death the Kid's investigations/detective work on finding out answers on Lord Death's agenda/Eibon is sweet.
    Joe beginning his project by using the magic tools that are in Lord Death's possession, great/interesting.
    Mifune cutting up Black Star in the nightmare, awesome, go Mifune.
    Mira looking cute as a nurse.
    Medusa having the "Brew" in her possession for her selfish evil plan is epic.
    Nice to see Death the Kid's funny symmetry obsession, hahahahahahaha.
    Black Star vs. Death the Kid round 2, the awesome Death the Kid will so crush him, loved it when he said about beating Black Star to a pulp, hehehe.
    The flashbacks of the Mifune/Mosquito fights, huge strong Mosquito looks ridiculous looking like a huge buffed-up Geodude & Mad Pierrot(Cowboy Bebop) combined, hehehe.
    White Star is pretty cool/interesting.
    Death the Kid pulverizing Black Star was really satisfying, go Death the Kid.
    Nice to finally see my creepy Asura after his long absence, yaaaaaaaay!!!!!
    Arachne finding the hideout of Asura, a Arachne/Asura team-up will be awesome.
    Poor Stein & poor Crona.
    Last edited by Radical; 11-17-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Black Starr is the anti Rock Lee. I just can't help but find Rock Lee lovable, Black Starr on the other hand even when they try to make him sympathic, he is unlikable.
    And yet he manages to trend worldwide nearly every week...

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipp_Rezzeppa View Post
    I don't know what's worse, Black Star talking about surpassing God or Tsubaki moronically giggling as if that's OK.
    Tsubaki honestly tolerates Blackstar's ambition and behavior way too much, but it seemed like everyone is seemingly okay with his goal to surpass God if Kid's line at the end of their fight was any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....... that kick against Black Star must've made Light Lucario really, really, REALLY happy.
    That and the nightmare sequence were the most satisfying moments of the episode for me. It didn't make me love the episode itself due to Blackstar himself, but I'm okay with Blackstar losing more fights and being beaten up.

I didn't really care much for this episode. It seemed like they were trying to make Blackstar look sympathetic, but in their attempt to do so, it only showed how much of a huge jerk he is. He doesn't want to surpass God to be able to protect his friends or fight off the madness. He just wants to prove himself like how he boosts about being the greatest to everyone, which just makes him look like a selfish jerk. Talking about surpassing God when he hasn't really accomplished much within the show also didn't make his goal look any better. Maybe this kind of motivation could work if he at least had a likeable personality, but he really doesn't. I think he's one of the worst anime characters I've ever seen, or at least the worst of the hyperactive boy trying to prove himself type. He's loud, extremely annoying, and just downright unlikable. There are no redeeming traits about him and so the attempt to make him look sympathetic was going to fail right from the start.

I did enjoy the nightmare sequence, which I did find myself agreeing with his fears more than what he was saying, and Kid kicking him seriously hard a few times. I'm still surprised anyone cares for him in the show and that everyone is seemingly okay with how he wants to surpass God. Tsubaki isn't surprising since she rarely argues against Blackstar, but everyone else not batting an eye about it was strange. Hopefully, they can go back to some of the more interesting elements of the show like Crona's subplot soon. I wasn't sure what to make of the new character, but he didn't appear much besides the beginning and end of the episode anyway.

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    It's anal retentiveness versus a superiority complex.

Oh, so he's like Kansas' football team.
    Has he bribed his way to an Orange Bowl berth?

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    Tsubaki honestly tolerates Blackstar's ambition and behavior way too much, but it seemed like everyone is seemingly okay with his goal to surpass God if Kid's line at the end of their fight was any indication.
    My personal opinion is that the characters barely acknowledge Blackstar's rants because he hypes himself so much.

And if they do, it's just to humor his insanity.

That and the nightmare sequence were the most satisfying moments of the episode for me. It didn't make me love the episode itself due to Blackstar himself, but I'm okay with Blackstar losing more fights and being beaten up.

I didn't really care much for this episode. It seemed like they were trying to make Blackstar look sympathetic, but in their attempt to do so, it only showed how much of a huge jerk he is. He doesn't want to surpass God to be able to protect his friends or fight off the madness. He just wants to prove himself like how he boosts about being the greatest to everyone, which just makes him look like a selfish jerk. Talking about surpassing God when he hasn't really accomplished much within the show also didn't make his goal look any better. Maybe this kind of motivation could work if he at least had a likeable personality, but he really doesn't. I think he's one of the worst anime characters I've ever seen, or at least the worst of the hyperactive boy trying to prove himself type. He's loud, extremely annoying, and just downright unlikable. There are no redeeming traits about him and so the attempt to make him look sympathetic was going to fail right from the start.
    Of course everyone is happier with BlackStar getting a beatdown - he's so prideful and full of it that it's just a comeuppance.

Hmmm, now that I consider it, maybe Blackstar isn't a typical shonen hero along the likes of Naruto. His rants, his manic personality, delusions of grandeur... Maybe he's supposed to be really an psychological wreck and we're following his breakdown.

(snip) Tsubaki isn't surprising since she rarely argues against Blackstar, but everyone else not batting an eye about it was strange. Hopefully, they can go back to some of the more interesting elements of the show like Crona's subplot soon. I wasn't sure what to make of the new character, but he didn't appear much besides the beginning and end of the episode anyway.
    Joe the Plumber was probably introduced to add to the mystery The Kid was trying to uncover. There are hints that something odd is going on through the show. Though this aspect has been overtaken for humor this episode.

Speaking of the "Mystery Plot" regarding Death (as if the war against spider women, golems, and cosmic horrors were not engaging enough), I always thought it's out of place in this anime. Why is this plot tossed in when everything else isn't developed or done yet? Or for that matter, why throw it in when we should focus on the bad guy's evil plot?
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    My personal opinion is that the characters barely acknowledge Blackstar's rants because he hypes himself so much.

And if they do, it's just to humor his insanity.
    I could go with the idea that they just ignore his rants because of how annoying he is. They seem way too accepting of his behavior as it is with saying that it's just how he is, which really bothers me too. Instead of recognizing his flaws by calling him out on it, they just brush it off because that's how he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41
    Of course everyone is happier with BlackStar getting a beatdown - he's so prideful and full of it that it's just a comeuppance.

Hmmm, now that I consider it, maybe Blackstar isn't a typical shonen hero along the likes of Naruto. His rants, his manic personality, delusions of grandeur... Maybe he's supposed to be really an psychological wreck and we're following his breakdown.
    While that would be an interesting twist, I seriously doubt that's the angle they're going with. This show really isn't deep enough or has strong enough writing to pull something like that off with Blackstar, especially when they were trying to put him in a sympathetic light in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41
    Joe the Plumber was probably introduced to add to the mystery The Kid was trying to uncover. There are hints that something odd is going on through the show. Though this aspect has been overtaken for humor this episode.

Speaking of the "Mystery Plot" regarding Death (as if the war against spider women, golems, and cosmic horrors were not engaging enough), I always thought it's out of place in this anime. Why is this plot tossed in when everything else isn't developed or done yet? Or for that matter, why throw it in when we should focus on the bad guy's evil plot?
    I guess that they wanted to throw that in to create more tension regarding Death's motives and have the audience question his role like Kid is doing. Personally, I don't mind it since it can be interesting, although I agree that tossing in it when everything else hasn't been developed or dealt with is a problem. That seems to be one of my issues with the show. There hasn't been much accomplished my the protagonists at this point and the plots feel like they drag on a bit too much either by too much buildup like the case with Stein being affected by the madness or just not doing much with them for a long amount of time like with Crona being Medusa's spy.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The title of the episode was mis-leading....Asura only appears in the final scene.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3