Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jazz1000 is offline Playing it Cool, bro!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

do you think having current anime that running on adult swim should have repeats on weeknights?

Like This Thread!
    i would love see adult swim repeating the anime that they currently own to air repeats on adult swim i remember that happen alot during it's first run, why was it that adult swim put it stop of anime airing weeknights? it could even help boost rating more but unlikely to ever happen, but still

marklungo is offline Greetings from Honneamise
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YES. At the very least, they should start rerunning Bleach. If they ran it once a weekday, the 366 episodes would last them 73 weeks (well over a year).
    "Hey Bender, it's that guy you are."

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I would prefer if they used a weekday slot to repeat One Piece instead of Bleach myself just to help get more people into it. Playing the series from the start every weekday would be even better since they could cover more episodes faster than Toonami could on its weekly schedule, but just reairing the recently aired episode could work too.

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I would prefer if they used a weekday slot to repeat One Piece instead of Bleach myself just to help get more people into it. Playing the series from the start every weekday would be even better since they could cover more episodes faster than Toonami could on its weekly schedule, but just reairing the recently aired episode could work too.
    I think it would be excellent if they could air the 206 episodes that didn't air on Adult Swim on weekdays and then also the ones up to the point they'd be at at the time to have everyone caught up. It'd be really good for the series. Unfortunately, I don't find it likely at all.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    I think it would be excellent if they could air the 206 episodes that didn't air on Adult Swim on weekdays and then also the ones up to the point they'd be at at the time to have everyone caught up. It'd be really good for the series. Unfortunately, I don't find it likely at all.
    I agree that it would be really good for the series and it would be a great way to help get more people into the series. It's incredibly unlikely for that to happen, but it would be awesome.

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They removed the anime repeats because they were getting low ratings at the time. Reruns of their comedy shows did better than the anime repeats. I'd like for them to try again. Set aside 1-2 am and see what happens.

Nobuyuki sama is offline Simply Irresponsible
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1000 View Post
    anime airing weeknights?
    help boost rating
    Nope.
    "Saving anime...it is alot like trying to save private ryan....we all know how that movie ends...hehehe"- John Sirabella, Media Blasters

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well hold on now. We've seen some weeks Naruto, One Piece beat their comedy counterparts on weeknights. They usually do it on Thursday and Sunday. Soul Eater occasionally beats the 1:30 show on some nights as well.

Now consider that Adult Swim in general does better on weeknights than on Saturday and Sunday these days and consider the possibility that shows such as Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and Soul Eater may actually do better than the burnt out reruns of Aqua Teen and Squidbillies running after Robot Chicken.

It's very possible that some Toonami shows could do as well or better than the comedies but there's also the factor that Adult Swim pays nothing more to play the comedies and reap all the benefits from broadcasting them because they are their own shows. Taking off their own shows in favor of acquisitions they have to pay licensing fee's to play only makes business sense when the ratings are much greater than their own shows can achieve. In prior years Adult Swim made deals that allowed them to run shows as much as they wanted but from the sound of it they would need to renegotiate the contracts for Naruto, One Piece and other series in order to air them more than once a week without paying per episode. They could play Ghost in the Shell, IGPX, Sym-Bionic Titan and the 2nd season of The Big O on weekdays but they're not the block's breadwinners by any means. They could also make use of Star Wars: TCW until they lose the rights and that would probably be a safe bet but not really what the viewers asking for Toonami shows on weekday nights want.

It's also better from a creativity stand-point to exchange acquisitions for acquisitions rather than removing more hours of unique content. I for one think using the 9PM hour of Adult Swim (if or when it returns) to air Naruto and One Piece from the beginning would be a much more worthwhile move than trying that a 1AM. That way it's only borrowing from acquisition time and isn't an hour of action in the middle of Adult Swim's comedy (though I'm not opposed to that I must admit it would feel less disjointed at the front or the back rather than in the middle). If they end up losing King of the Hill in January (that's just speculation mind you) then that'd be a great time to try it. It's however, very unlikely to happen even if it might be cheaper than negotiating to run another episode of Family Guy every night if it comes to it.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hah, there is no "instead of" they'd still air on Saturday for the ratings.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast