toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adult Swim to start @10 p.m. starting Nov. 11 (EDIT: Only for a couple months.)

Like This Thread!

* http://schedule.adultswim.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=AS&theDate=11/11/13&timeZone=EST
    * Why is Adult Swim starting at 10 PM now? | ask.fm/Clarknova

Currently, it is still showing the 9pm slot (has AT and RS though) but that's probably a temp error.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One guess--ratings. They should've known when they acquired King of the Hill that it was already suffering from rerun fatigue the way FX played it into the ground, and with Hank & the gang back in general syndication---at least in my burg---as of September, maybe the numbers finally caught up......

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't mnid the shift at all. AS treated 9PM as the red-headed stepchild of the block. I'd rather CN actually be able to utilize it for something possibly than just having off-network endless reruns in there like AS decided to do. The 10PM starting time of Adult Swim just always felt "right" anyways. Even the block doesn't really kick into gear with with the text bumps until 10PM anyways. 9PM was basically the pre-game show.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I never really thought 9 PM felt like [as]. I mean, King of the Hill always had those unique bumpers to it, so it really wasn't like the rest of [as].

And I agree that 10 PM does feel right as the start time for [as]
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    and with Hank & the gang back in general syndication---at least in my burg---as of September, maybe the numbers finally caught up......
    King of the Hill never left general syndication. The local Fox affiliate here has still been playing it even after the show came to Adult Swim (though they moved it to the middle of the night once Family Guy joined syndication).
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In all honesty, if this was true. I actually would be happy that Cartoon Network would gain back into an hour to finally give more room upon other shows. I do feel this shift (if it was to be permenate) could help back a little bit (plus, I feel it wouldn't work anyway considering that it's at 9 (where some could stay up for). 10pm is a really nice way to start Adult Swim, and could expand the timeslots for other cartoons that we're needed at the time (like their new shows like, Steven Universe or Uncle Grandpa). Though, they would have to shrink out their airings of King of Hill (or) American Dad considering the change.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been saying for a long time that Adult Swim was too long and it needed to shrink. I'm glad they finally got the hint. Good riddance. That expansion was really pointless; all it did was cement Fox's dominance even more than it needed to be.

EDIT: Only till January.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still a bit disappointed that it's only temporary. Adult Swim hasn't really used that hour for much, it felt too early for it to start at 9PM and Cartoon Network could use it more anyway. It would be nice if they eventually went back to starting at 10PM. That seems like a better time to start Adult Swim.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    King of the Hill never left general syndication. The local Fox affiliate here has still been playing it even after the show came to Adult Swim (though they moved it to the middle of the night once Family Guy joined syndication).
    Hmmm. The local Fox affiliate had KOTH for years until last season. After a year off, it's moved to the MyNetworkTV affil, which also picked up The Cleveland Show for weeknight runs. Don't you agree that KOTH may still be dealing with fatigue?

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, I never found myself having a problem with that 9pm hour mostly due to the fact that up until Adult Swim broadcasted it, I never thoroughly seen King of the Hill (which I surprisingly found the show to be really good).

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hope CN uses this 'gift' very wisely. Nice to see it even if it's only temporary.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    I still have a feeling that this is a test to see if it would be worth it for Cartoon Network to get back the 9pm hour long-term.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the summer AS would start while it was still light outside. Not natural.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait, I am confused.
    DeMarco said that this change is above his pay grade but he knows that they will be back at 10 after the new years. (back... Because AS used to be @10 in 2010 I suppose?)
    So... Are they planning to permanently move AS to 10 some time in 2014 or...?

BrianLeague is offline Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    Wait, I am confused.
    DeMarco said that this change is above his pay grade but he knows that they will be back at 10 after the new years. (back... Because AS used to be @10 in 2010 I suppose?)
    So... Are they planning to permanently move AS to 10 some time in 2014 or...?
    That was a typo. Adult Swim will be back at 9:00 PM in January.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    That was a typo. Adult Swim will be back at 9:00 PM in January.
    Ah... Alright. *embarrassed*

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it also confirmed on cartoon network's blog as will.
    i for one do wish that this was a forever not that i don't enjoy fox's animation series, but it could help CN alot to.

Wan
    Wan is offline The First Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Honestly, I never found myself having a problem with that 9pm hour mostly due to the fact that up until Adult Swim broadcasted it, I never thoroughly seen King of the Hill (which I surprisingly found the show to be really good).
    That seems to be the case with a lot of people I talk to. Adult Swim gave King of the Hill new life and a new fanbase.

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    That seems to be the case with a lot of people I talk to. Adult Swim gave King of the Hill new life and a new fanbase.
    That's basically what happened for me. It's not like The Simpsons needs help, but I think it could really re-introduce the show to a younger generation who hasn't seen the early seasons.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm seeing it now. Just turned to CN and was like, the Tants episode...whaaaa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast