Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the Adult Swim board a failed experiment?

Like This Thread!
    Let's face it, before Toonami came back this board was not really doing too hot. Topics with minimal replies and a general lack of interest seem to be prevalent. Even with all that interest in Toonami, it does not transfer over to any other portion of the forum, so there's no help there.

So with Toonami's revival, why not just chop the "Adult Swim" portion of the Adult Swim/Toonami forum out of the equation? Adult Swim topics can easily be shifted over to the general animation or Entertainment boards depending on their content leaving this place to be soley for Toonami like the previous iteration of the forum had.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. Its becoming clear that most of the posters in this particular section of the forum either do not care about Adult Swim in general or only watch Toonami as the ratio of Toonami to Regular Adult Swim posts has become 99.9 to .1% if even that much. That is a statistic that brings into the question the towel and whether or not they should throw it in.

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda agree seeing as how the only threads here that receive more than 5-6 post are the Toonami posts. But what exactly can we do about it? The only original show the new Toonami has Space Dandy, & that's 2 months away. There wouldn't really be a justification for having a board just devoted to Toonami since it's only a block & not a channel. If the AS Forum is gone, Toonami would probably just be moved either to the Anime or Cartoon Network forums.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yet we had an entire board just for "a block" long before it got shut down. What would the difference be now?
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I would take a guess, TZ's been a lot slower in traffic since the Toonami forum was originally here, so it could potentially be seen that staff here would want the cartoon-related boards to be as broad as possible.

I'd like to have just a Toonami board again as well, I just don't think it will probably happen.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Admittedly, it is nice to know where the Adult Swim news is, if I ever need it. Especially when new Boondocks episodes start to air.

Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not surprised if people didn't comment on [AS] Shows that isn't on Toonami. People on this board perfer to talk about either animation or stuff that's actually entertaining.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends to create.
    ” - St. John Paul II

Pro vita quad spes.

Dr. Daedalus is offline Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maybe it's because I don't watch Adult Swim anymore, but it sure seems like many of the AS comedy originals (especially the live action ones) come out of nowhere, have their run (often a very short run), and then stop. No wonder it's hard to muster up any kind of enthusiasm for them. At least anime has the built-in advantage of generating hype before it airs.

And let's not underestimate the "live action sucks!" viewpoint. Remember when CN began showing live action movies/series about seven years ago? I think there's still some of that attitude when it comes to the live action AS originals- "It's live action, which I don't feel belongs on the block, therefore I'm not going to watch or comment." That could explain why some of the AS originals don't get very many replies.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If that's how CN and AS get the message, so be it - it's the only way to fix this channel/block, respectively. I think that's just one more thing we can thank Toonami for doing so far.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png

A better future for everyone (who loves their animation like family) lies in not invoking this triforce in any way, shape, or form....

Ghostal Guest
    This board shouldn't be removed as it gives a nice history of Adult Swim from way back when it started in 2001. I also read back the C&C's of series after I watch the episode for the 1st time.

Keep the Adult Swim board alive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast