toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the Adult Swim board a failed experiment?

Like This Thread!

Let's face it, before Toonami came back this board was not really doing too hot. Topics with minimal replies and a general lack of interest seem to be prevalent. Even with all that interest in Toonami, it does not transfer over to any other portion of the forum, so there's no help there.

So with Toonami's revival, why not just chop the "Adult Swim" portion of the Adult Swim/Toonami forum out of the equation? Adult Swim topics can easily be shifted over to the general animation or Entertainment boards depending on their content leaving this place to be soley for Toonami like the previous iteration of the forum had.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. Its becoming clear that most of the posters in this particular section of the forum either do not care about Adult Swim in general or only watch Toonami as the ratio of Toonami to Regular Adult Swim posts has become 99.9 to .1% if even that much. That is a statistic that brings into the question the towel and whether or not they should throw it in.

The Talon is offline Ooga Chaka
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda agree seeing as how the only threads here that receive more than 5-6 post are the Toonami posts. But what exactly can we do about it? The only original show the new Toonami has Space Dandy, & that's 2 months away. There wouldn't really be a justification for having a board just devoted to Toonami since it's only a block & not a channel. If the AS Forum is gone, Toonami would probably just be moved either to the Anime or Cartoon Network forums.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yet we had an entire board just for "a block" long before it got shut down. What would the difference be now?
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

The Talon is offline Ooga Chaka
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I would take a guess, TZ's been a lot slower in traffic since the Toonami forum was originally here, so it could potentially be seen that staff here would want the cartoon-related boards to be as broad as possible.

I'd like to have just a Toonami board again as well, I just don't think it will probably happen.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Admittedly, it is nice to know where the Adult Swim news is, if I ever need it. Especially when new Boondocks episodes start to air.

Gatomon41 is offline Digital Kitty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not surprised if people didn't comment on [AS] Shows that isn't on Toonami. People on this board perfer to talk about either animation or stuff that's actually entertaining.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's because I don't watch Adult Swim anymore, but it sure seems like many of the AS comedy originals (especially the live action ones) come out of nowhere, have their run (often a very short run), and then stop. No wonder it's hard to muster up any kind of enthusiasm for them. At least anime has the built-in advantage of generating hype before it airs.

And let's not underestimate the "live action sucks!" viewpoint. Remember when CN began showing live action movies/series about seven years ago? I think there's still some of that attitude when it comes to the live action AS originals- "It's live action, which I don't feel belongs on the block, therefore I'm not going to watch or comment." That could explain why some of the AS originals don't get very many replies.
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If that's how CN and AS get the message, so be it - it's the only way to fix this channel/block, respectively. I think that's just one more thing we can thank Toonami for doing so far.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Ghostal is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This board shouldn't be removed as it gives a nice history of Adult Swim from way back when it started in 2001. I also read back the C&C's of series after I watch the episode for the 1st time.

Keep the Adult Swim board alive!

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This topic just makes me think of how lively this board was back in 2001.

Man, that seems like forever ago.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saturday night is when this thing gets jumpin'. Its like a tradition now.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel like making this a Tooonami-only forum would just decrease the overall posts on this board tho, as much as I loved the Toonami forum.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Adult Swim board is FAR from a failed experiment. This board has been around as long as the block itself. The main reason why there are so few posts in non-Toonami threads is indirectly Williams Street's fault more than anything. The lineup grew increasingly dull and uninteresting as the years progressed. Adult Swim just grew so long and so monotonous that the lineup for Sundays and weeknights just sort of blur into each other. Toonami is the only thing that actually diversifies the block, which is why it receives the most discussion.

Gold Guy is offline I kan spel grate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to say it, but I think the reason is because no one cares about the AS shows anymore, aside from Toonami, Boondocks, and Robot Chicken. I mean, some of the shows are lucky to get over two comments anymore.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    Remember when CN began showing live action movies/series about seven years ago?
    Time sure flies by.

Anyway, there are a couple or so boards much less active than this one. Sure most of the [as] shows don't get a lot of posts, but most are kind of "eh." No need to punish the entire board just because only a select few threads are activeo

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy
    I hate to say it, but I think the reason is because no one cares about the AS shows anymore, aside from Toonami, Boondocks, and Robot Chicken. I mean, some of the shows are lucky to get over two comments anymore.
    Also Venture Brothers.

Rick and Morty should also be good.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    The Adult Swim board is FAR from a failed experiment. This board has been around as long as the block itself. The main reason why there are so few posts in non-Toonami threads is indirectly Williams Street's fault more than anything. The lineup grew increasingly dull and uninteresting as the years progressed. Adult Swim just grew so long and so monotonous that the lineup for Sundays and weeknights just sort of blur into each other. Toonami is the only thing that actually diversifies the block, which is why it receives the most discussion.
    That would make sense. The only Adult Swim shows that seem to be popular are the Boondocks, Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken. Everything else seems to be just there.

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it'd be a pain to split up the board. You'd have to go to General Animation for Robot Chicken, Boondocks, Venture, etc, and then Entertainment for Tim & Eric, Children's Hospital, etc. It's not like they'd get any more activity in those places. Also, it's nice to have a single place to get any and all news related to AS. After all, Toonami news is still AS news.