toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 205
  1. #1
    animePWNS's Avatar
    animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    C&C - FLCL - Series Talkback

    Like This Thread!
    I didn't see one put up yet, so I decided to. It's the Toonami premiere after all, and a little past the tenth anniversary of its first American airing.

    Episode 1: Fooly Cooly
    Naota's ordinary life is interrupted when Haruka hits him on the head with her guitar. Crazy s*** happens.

    Stephanie Sheh as Mamimi, playing a girl who kept showing her panties before moving on to big breasts on Bleach.

    Bullet time!

    And Steven Blum in a minor role.

    MANGA SCENE!
    Last edited by animePWNS; 11-02-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

  2. #2
    Gatomon41's Avatar
    Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sic me Deus adiuvet.
    Posts
    9,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Keep in mind folks... Naota is voiced by Rita Replusa.

    And here's Lucca talking to a cat. So meta.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

    “Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

    Pro vita quad spes.

  3. #3
    animePWNS's Avatar
    animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Haruko plays bass, it looks like.

    So who "never knows best" anyway?

    First Mamimi panty shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    Keep in mind folks... Naota is voiced by Rita Replusa.
    And once again, she's getting SUCH A HEADACHE!!!
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

  4. #4
    Gatomon41's Avatar
    Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sic me Deus adiuvet.
    Posts
    9,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "NO. I MuSTre-spect his BROther's privacy!"

    And Kari Whalgren is channeling Capt. Kirk here.

    Nothing happens here.

    Only in Japan a giant robot and a violent alien is considered normal.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

    “Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

    Pro vita quad spes.

  5. #5
    animePWNS's Avatar
    animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And TV Boy is part of the family.

    Ride on Shooting Star!

    And Haruka talks about the many incarnations of Game Boy, long before 3DS hit the scene.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

  6. #6
    Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by animePWNS View Post
    And Haruka talks about the many incarnations of Game Boy, long before 3DS hit the scene.
    Since this is coming directly off the heels of Sword Art Online, I can't help but think that Haruko would break that game in two if she was ever a player.

  7. #7
    TheGunheart's Avatar
    TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sitting in my tin can...
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Yeah, still one of my favorites of all time. It's easy to latch onto the animation, which is indeed unique and impressive, but I also just love the atmosphere of the whole thing. I dare say the story's more told by the mood of the more dramatic moments than the actual dialogue. Speaking of which, I love how the dialogue has this surreal, almost dreamlike quality to it.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...


  8. #8
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    17,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm not really sure how to describe what I just saw. I knew a bit about this series going in and heard how strange it was, but this might be too bizarre and surreal for my tastes. It's clearly trying to be wacky and all over the place with its humor and animation, which does at least make the art style stand out, but I was mostly confused and relieved when the commercial break came. That's not really a good sign, especially for a first episode. I might give it another episode to see if it is more appealing, but I might just decided to go to sleep a bit earlier instead of trying to watch the rest of the series. That does sound rather tempting right now.

  9. #9
    TheGunheart's Avatar
    TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sitting in my tin can...
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I'm not really sure how to describe what I just saw. I knew a bit about this series going in and heard how strange it was, but this might be too bizarre and surreal for my tastes. It's clearly trying to be wacky and all over the place with its humor and animation, which does at least make the art style stand out, but I was mostly confused and relieved when the commercial break came. That's not really a good sign, especially for a first episode. I might give it another episode to see if it is more appealing, but I might just decided to go to sleep a bit earlier instead of trying to watch the rest of the series. That does sound rather tempting right now.
    I just wanna say that this show's really better on repeat viewings, as the gags and intensity can be really overwhelming on a first viewing. Episode 2 is a bit better in that regard, though episodes 4 & 5 are particularly crazy and often uncomfortable. And this is coming from a big fan of the series.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...


  10. #10
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    17,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunheart View Post
    I just wanna say that this show's really better on repeat viewings, as the gags and intensity can be really overwhelming on a first viewing. Episode 2 is a bit better in that regard, though episodes 4 & 5 are particularly crazy and often uncomfortable. And this is coming from a big fan of the series.
    That would make sense. I think one reason why I was relieved when the commercial break came on was because the gags were just overwhelming me since it felt like that there was too much going on all at once. I can like bizarre humor, but it's usually better if it's more evened out and put in small doses, rather than twenty some minutes of nothing but bizarre gags that make it difficult to get into the show when I'm just starring at the screen and constantly asking myself "What the heck is going on?" I might give the second episode a bit more of a chance, but the idea of just going to sleep until they put another show on this slot still sounds tempting.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO