toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Fooly Cooly? Furi Curi? FLCL?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toonami: Intro
    Submitted by animepwns
    TOM:Sometimes we make this look too easy.
    SARA:And I don't even have hands.

1 50.00%
  • Bleach: Gotei 13, Gathering in the Real World!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kon: What is this?
    Uryu: Don't you get it? Your stupid goofing around has defiled the proud Quincy Cross!
    Kon: But that's a shitake mushroom!
    Uryu: I worked hard on that shitake, so eat it with the respect it deserves!
    Kon: Uuh, yes sir.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Rangiku: So this is my imposter, huh? She's quite a good looking woman...but no match for the original!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ichigo: Look, don't worry about it, Nozomi. From here on, we'll protect you.
    Nozomi: Are all of you really this stupid?
    Ichigo: Yeah, maybe.

0 0%
  • Naruto: A Failure Stands Tall!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Hinata: Naruto, until now, I have always done the watching. But now, finally, youíre the one watching me. And Iíll show you what I can do, Naruto!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Neji: Hey, loser! I have two pieces of advice for you. First of all, if you intend to call yourself a shinobi, stop that stupid cheering of yours; itís disgraceful! And second, once a failure, always a failure. You canít change that.
    Naruto: Weíll just see about that!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Lee: Naruto, I get where youíre coming from, believe me. But the rules say all fighting must be done officially in a match. The loser beating the gifted genius through sheer willpower. Now would not that make for an exciting match? Even if I am the one whoís going to have to fight Neji. Of course, if you ended up fighting him, that is fine too.

0 0%
  • One Piece Dashing Sea Train and the City of Water: Water Seven!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Chimney: Granny! Granny! Look! We have pirates!
    Kokoro: What? Izzat true, Chimney?! O-key dokey then, in that case, better bring Granny that transponder snail!
    Zoro: This could be a big pain if they call for help and the Marines show up. What should we do?
    Chimney: Here it is, Granny!
    Kokoro: Um, hello? Who is this? Sorry, you got the wrong number.
    Usopp: SHEíS TOTALLY DRUNK!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Luffy: City of Meat, here we come!
    Usopp: Did you forget where we're going already?

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Luffy: Itís almost like you donít want me taking care of the gold!
    Nami: Yup! Only you could lose that much gold.
    Usopp: He already forgot it once today.
    Luffy: You guys donít trust me? Your own captain?!
    Nami and Usopp: Nope!

0 0%
  • Soul Eater: Mosquito's Storm! Ten Minutes to Fight in the World of the Past?
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sid: Itís over, weíre being called off. I have no more reason to attack you now. You can put down your sword and end this. Whatíll it be? Of course, it may be safer to finish me. If we do meet up again, you may not be able to escape.
    Mifune: Iíll take that chance. Go on.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Star: Eww. His torso inflated so much that his legs are dangling in the air. Does that look right to you?
    Maka: None of it looks right to me.
    Kid: Not really an improvement.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kid: Eibon's getting away! Come on, Black Star!
    Star: No time for that, Kid! This showís ending in ten minutes! Weíve gotta prioritize! Ten minutes is barely enough for a star like me to put in a decent appearance!

0 0%
  • Sword Art Online: Edge of Hell's Abyss
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Nishida: Iím good at catching Ďem, but cooking Ďem? Yeah, not so good. Iíd love to make sashimi or a nice stew out of them. But, whatís the point when I donít have any soy sauce? I could go for fish baked with soy sauce right now, or with radishes and soy sauce. Yeah.
    Kirito: Hey, if you want, I just might be able to help you out with that.
    Nishida: WAIT! SAY WHAAAAAAAT?!!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Asuna: Everyone expects great things from you now. And guess what? So do I. Talk about pressure, huh?
    Kirito: Yeah, I promised Iíd save everyone. Hell of a thing to live up to.
    Asuna: Oh well, theyíll understand if you take the night off.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kirito: You can count on us to fight with you. But this needs to be clear. Asunaís safety is my top priorty. If things start to get hairy in there, Iím gonna protect her. Thatís not negotiable.
    Heathcliff: A person with something to protect is a strong ally to have. Iím expecting a good fight from you.

0 0%
  • FLCL: Fooly Cooly
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Haruka: Hmm. Flictonic Klipple Waver Symptom? Bleep. Bleep. Adolescent Psychological Skin-Hardening Syndrome. Itís a common disease where children grow horns for trying too hard.
    Naota: Thatís a lie! I never heard that before.
    Haruka: Yeah, I lied. So what is the truthÖunderneath the band-aid?!
    Naota: What are you doing in the hospital?!
    Haruka: Stay right there! Iím gonna make you feel ALL BETTER! Itís my special treat! Huh? Whereíd he go. Hey! Hey, Taro-kun!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kamon: So what do you think, Haruka-san?
    Haruka: Waddaya?
    Kamon: Oh, cooly cooly, like that?
    Haruka: Ku-ri?
    Kamon: Not like curry powder aphrodisiac licked off my desk.
    Haruka: DEATH?!
    Kamon: Itís this kind of cooly cooly new modality.
    Haruko: Noodle?
    Kamon: I MEAN LIKE MTV!
    Haruko: Empty?
    Kamon: Ooh, Former Assistant Editor-in-Chief, I didnít know you had such a lovely young wife! Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo, cooly coo-LYYY! Yeah, itís kind of a cooly cooly dream thing!

1 50.00%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Haruka: The Advance is hip right now, but the original has a place in my heart. Unlike Pocket, there was only the plastic gray. Though Color had killer apt use for things like the sewing machine. Not much use for Virtual anymore, huh? Next on FLCL Episode 2: Fire Starter. Prepare to get burned!

0 0%
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Dooku Captured
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Intro: The winding path to peace is always a worthy one, regardless of how many turns it takes.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Anakin: Thereís still Dooku to deal with.
    Asohka: You let him get away?
    Anakin: N-no, not get away, exactly. JustÖchime in anytime.
    Obi-Wan: Oh no, Iím enjoying this far too much.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Hondo: He put up quite a fight. Blasters, cannons, that glowy thing, ďvhoom vhoomĒ.
    Obi-Wan: You mean the lightsaber.
    Hondo: Thatís it! And I donít need to tell you those things can do some damage. Carved up some of my best men pretty good before I could get the jump on him.
    Obi-Wan: And how exactly did you get the jump on him, with this? *takes back his lightsaber*

0 0%
  • Ghost in the Shell Section 9
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Terrorist: You people are cops?! There's no hope for justice in our system now!
    Motoko: Straighten up your own act before whining about the world. Or if that's too much, wear a blindfold, zip your mouth and live in a cave. Or the alternative...*holds her gun to his head*

0 0%
  • Ghost in the Shell Section 9
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Motoko: Whoeverís controlling the geisha robots ought'a be nearby. Donít shoot the power transformer. Iíll upload a virus before he can wipe the evidence.
    Batou: But Major, what if the robot geishas demand a pay raise?
    Togusa: Knock it off!

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Snow from Seven Years Past
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Miroku: What did you do that for?!
    Sango: Sorry, I was just getting a mosquito. Do carry on.

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Snow from Seven Years Past
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Koyuki: Is there anything I can do to assist you?
    Miroku: Yes, there is. I was wondering...could you possibly find it in your heart to bear my child?
    Koyuki: Have you forgotten? I have already birthed your child.
    Miroku: Ahh! Huh?!

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Assault on the Wolf-Demon Tribe!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Koga: *after twisting Kyokotsu's neck* Hm, that's a pain in the neck.

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Assault on the Wolf-Demon Tribe!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Jakotsu: So whatís he like?
    Kohaku: Huh?
    Jakotsu: You know, my opponent. This Inuyasha. Tell me, is he really handsome?
    Kohaku: I think, perhaps, youíd be the best judge of that.
    Jakotsu: Ah. I canít wait. InuyashaÖ

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [10/26]

Like This Thread!
    Once again, it's time for TOONAMI: LINE OF THE NIGHT! A weekly tradition going back about 9 years, you can submit your favorite quotes from the shows playing on Toonami. Then we run it through our trusty poll generator, and a selection of up to 30 quotes will be posted by the end of the week for you to vote on!

A few rules:
    1. Please be sure to list what show and character you're quoting from.
    2. Just to be fair to newer material on the block, if an episode has aired on Toonami within the past 12 months, lines for that show can't be submitted. I honestly can't remember how long it's been since the last time tonight's GITS aired, so I'll allow it.

12am - Bleach - 320: "Gotei 13, Gathering in the Real World!" (PREMIERE)
    12:30am - Naruto - 47: "A Failure Stands Tall!" (PREMIERE)
    1am - One Piece - 229: "Dashing Sea Train and the City of Water: Water Seven!" (PREMIERE)
    1:30am - Soul Eater - 35: "Mosquito's Storm! Ten Minutes to Fight in the World of the Past?" (PREMIERE)
    2am - Sword Art Online - 13: "Edge of Hell's Abyss" (PREMIERE)
    2:30am - Fooly Cooly - 1: "Fooly Cooly"
    3am - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 111: "Dooku Captured"
    3:30am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 49: "Upheaval in Central"
    4am - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 1: "Section 9"
    4:30am - IGPX - 1: "A Time to Shine"

5am - Inuyasha - 101: "Snow from Seven Years Past"
    5:30am - Inuyasha - 102: "Assault on the Wolf-Demon Tribe!"
    Last edited by veemonjosh; 11-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 9/1 - Interview with Lisle Wilkerson)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

animePWNS is offline October 3rd...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome at last, FLCL. Also contributing a couple GitS lines with everything else; neither season got a complete run last time.
    Spoiler:

Toonami Intro:

TOM: Sometimes we make this look too easy.
    Sara: And I don’t even have hands.

Bleach #320:
    Kon: What is this?
    Uryu: Don’t you get it? Your stupid goofing around has defiled the proud Quincy Cross!
    Kon: But that’s a shiitake mushroom!
    Uryu: I worked hard on that shiitake, so eat it with the respect it deserves!
    Kon: Uuh, yes sir.

Rangiku: So this is my impostor, huh? She’s quite a good looking woman…but no match for the original!

Ichigo: Look, don’t worry about it, Nozomi. From here on, we’ll protect you.
    Nozomi: Are all of you really this stupid?
    Ichigo: Yeah, maybe.

Naruto #47:
    Hinata: Naruto, until now, I have always done the watching. But now, finally, you’re the one watching me. And I’ll show you what I can do, Naruto!

Neji: Hey, loser! I have two pieces of advice for you. First of all, if you intend to call yourself a shinobi, stop that stupid cheering of yours; it’s disgraceful! And second, once a failure, always a failure. You can’t change that.
    Naruto: We’ll just see about that!

Lee: Naruto, I get where you’re coming from, believe me. But the rules say all fighting must be done officially in a match. The loser beating the gifted genius through sheer willpower. Now would not that make for an exciting match? Even if I am the one who’s going to have to fight Neji. Of course, if you ended up fighting him, that is fine too.

One Piece #229:
    Chimney: Granny! Granny! Look! We have pirates!
    Kokoro: What? Izzat true, Chimney?! O-key dokey then, in that case, better bring Granny that transponder snail!
    Zoro: This could be a big pain if they call for help and the Marines show up. What should we do?
    Chimney: Here it is, Granny!
    Kokoro: Um, hello? Who is this? Sorry, you got the wrong number.
    Usopp: SHE’S TOTALLY DRUNK!

Luffy: City of Meat, here we come!
    Usopp: Did you forget where we’re going already?

Luffy: It’s almost like you don’t want me taking care of the gold!
    Nami: Yup! Only you could lose that much gold.
    Usopp: He already forgot it once today.
    Luffy: You guys don’t trust me? Your own captain?!
    Nami and Usopp: Nope!

Soul Eater #35:
    Sid: It’s over, we’re being called off. I have no more reason to attack you now. You can put down your sword and end this. What’ll it be? Of course, it may be safer to finish me. If we do meet up again, you may not be able to escape.
    MIfune: I’ll take that chance. Go on.

Star: Eww. His torso inflated so much that his legs are dangling in the air. Does that look right to you?
    Maka: None of it looks right to me.
    Kid: Not really an improvement.

Kid: Eibon’s getting away! Come on, Black Star!
    Star: No time for that, Kid! This show’s ending in ten minutes! We’ve gotta prioritize! Ten minutes is barely enough for a star like me to put in a decent appearance!

Sword Art Online #13:
    Nishida: I’m good at catching ‘em, but cooking ‘em? Yeah, not so good. I’d love to make sashimi or a nice stew out of them. But, what’s the point when I don’t have any soy sauce? I could go for fish baked with soy sauce right now, or with radishes and soy sauce. Yeah.
    Kirito: Hey, if you want, I just might be able to help you out with that.
    Nishida: WAIT! SAY WHAAAAAAAT?!!

Asuna: Everyone expects great things from you now. And guess what? So do I. Talk about pressure, huh?
    Kirito: Yeah, I promised I’d save everyone. Hell of a thing to live up to.
    Asuna: Oh well, they’ll understand if you take the night off.

Kirito: You can count on us to fight with you. But this needs to be clear. Asuna’s safety is my top priorty. If things start to get hairy in there, I’m gonna protect her. That’s not negotiable.
    Heathcliff: A person with something to protect is a strong ally to have. I’m expecting a good fight from you.

FLCL #1:
    Haruko as nurse: Hmm. Flictonic Klipple Waver Symptom? Bleep. Bleep. Adolescent Psychological Skin-Hardening Syndrome. It’s a common disease where children grow horns for trying too hard.
    Naota: That’s a lie! I never heard that before.
    Haruka: Yeah, I lied. So what is the truth…underneath the band-aid?!
    Naota: What are you doing in the hospital?!
    Haruka: Stay right there! I’m gonna make you feel ALL BETTER! It’s my special treat! Huh? Where’d he go. Hey! Hey, Taro-kun!

Kamon: So what do you think, Haruka-san?
    Haruka: Waddaya?
    Kamon: Oh, cooly cooly, like that?
    Haruka: Ku-ri?
    Kamon: Not like curry powder aphrodisiac licked off my desk.
    Haruka: DEATH?!
    Kamon: It’s this kind of cooly cooly new modality.
    Haruko: Noodle?
    Kamon: I MEAN LIKE MTV!
    Haruko: Empty?
    Kamon: Ooh, Former Assistant Editor-in-Chief, I didn’t know you had such a lovely young wife! Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo, cooly coo-LYYY! Yeah, it’s kind of a cooly cooly dream thing!
    (Hell, I think the whole manga scene would qualify.)

Haruka: The Advance is hip right now, but the original has a place in my heart. Unlike Pocket, there was only the plastic gray. Though Color had killer apt use for things like the sewing machine. Not much use for Virtual anymore, huh? Next on FLCL Episode 2: Fire Starter. Prepare to get burned!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars #1.11:
    Intro: The winding path to peace is always a worthy one, regardless of how many turns it takes.

Anakin: There’s still Dooku to deal with.
    Asohka: You let him get away?
    Anakin: N-no, not get away, exactly. Just…chime in anytime.
    Obi-Wan: Oh no, I’m enjoying this far too much.

Hondo: He put up quite a fight. Blasters, cannons, that glowy thing, “vhoom vhoom”.
    Obi-Wan: You mean the lightsaber.
    Hondo: That’s it! And I don’t need to tell you those things can do some damage. Carved up some of my best men pretty good before I could get the jump on him.
    Obi-Wan: And how exactly did you get the jump on him, with this? *takes back his lightsaber*

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #1:
    Terrorist: You people are cops?! There's no hope for justice in our system now!
    Motoko: Straighten up your own act before whining about the world. Or if that's too much, wear a blindfold, zip your mouth and live in a cave. Or the alternative...*holds her gun to his head*

Motoko: Whoever’s controlling the geisha robots ought'a be nearby. Don’t shoot the power transformer. I’ll upload a virus before he can wipe the evidence.
    Batou: But Major, what if the robot geishas demand a pay raise?
    Togusa: Knock it off!

Inuyasha #101:
    Miroku: What did you do that for?!
    Sango: Sorry, I was just getting a mosquito. Do carry on.

Koyuki: Is there anything I can do to assist you?
    Miroku: Yes, there is. I was wondering...could you possibly find it in your heart to bear my child?
    Koyuki: Have you forgotten? I have already birthed your child.
    Miroku: Ahh! Huh?!

Inuyasha #102:
    *after twisting Kyokotsu’s neck*
    Koga: Hm, that’s a pain in the neck.

Jakotsu: So what’s he like?
    Kohaku: Huh?
    Jakotsu: You know, my opponent. This Inuyasha. Tell me, is he really handsome?
    Kohaku: I think, perhaps, you’d be the best judge of that.
    Jakotsu: Ah. I can’t wait. Inuyasha…
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The poll is now up!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 9/1 - Interview with Lisle Wilkerson)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!