toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - One Piece - "Proud Man! Silver Fox Foxy!!" [9/28]

Like This Thread!

We are now just two episodes away from the CP9 saga of One Piece! This week we catch up to what Foxy,Hamburg and Porche have been doing since we just saw them in August!

You can pick up this episode and the rest of this arc on DVD now by buying season 4 voyage 2!
    One Piece season 5 voyages 1 and 2 are out now with voyage 3 shipping early if you are a fan who buys the dvd's!
    Catch up to what is airing now on OnePieceOfficial.com!
    Brook's voice actor has been cast in One Piece: Strong World! Check out a clip of his voice here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDalB3mNlzo

Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Foxy's back already?? I thought we wouldn't have to deal with him again for months.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Why are so many TV romances so terrible? Why do writers pair up the wrong couples time and time again? This week we analyze why Love Is Hard -- and come up with a solution to make it softer!

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Foxy's back already?? I thought we wouldn't have to deal with him again for months.
    This isn't Bleach. Filler arcs in One Piece are mercifully short.

Foxy is only back for 2 episodes, then we won't see him again till after Thriller Bark.

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    This isn't Bleach. Filler arcs in One Piece are mercifully short.

Foxy is only back for 2 episodes, then we won't see him again till after Thriller Bark.
    Yep, and then we shouldn't be seeing him again. (Though I think he had a coverstory in the manga? My memory is foggy.) Either way, I remember this filler being pretty random and not needed. How close was the anime to the manga during these episodes? This entire season and the next really began to start dragging the show...
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm probably gonna skip these next two episodes, I had enough of Foxy for a while. Though I will say between the start of the CP9 arc, the season 2 premiere of TMNT and the release of Pokemon X and Y, 10/12 is going to be one busy day for me.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonpiece View Post
    (Though I think he had a coverstory in the manga? My memory is foggy.)
    Oddly, the Foxy Pirates are one of the few groups of characters that Oda has never revisited after their initial appearance, not even for a cover story. Which I guess makes them perfect material for filler, since there's nothing canon to contradict their fate after the Davy Back Fight.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 11/21 - BanzaiCon 2014 Report)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Previously on One Piece: The seahorse just wanted to fly like a dragon, and, well, I guess Luffy granted his wish.

Well, to make these next two episodes more tolerable, I'll be making as many fox puns/references as I can (or maybe that'll actually make it worse).

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last time? Everyone got the memories back. Let's go to the next arc.

Oh, it's THESE guys. I thought we got rid of them.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FYI, those are the Five Elder Stars. The head honchos of the World Government.

Ooh, Aokiji.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, Aokiji ain't black.

I also wonder who's going to voice one of the five elder stars now since Jerry Russell passed away. I mean he did voice one of those guys (the one with the cane, scar by his eye and the big, white, beard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast