toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bklien is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why does Fullmetal keep repeating?

Like This Thread!
    when the other shows are replaced after they finish.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Because they still have a contract to play it while the newer shows so far have been deals where they can only play once. That, and apparently they like it. This might be the last run but we'll see.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It might be easier to keep Brotherhood on the lineup if it isn't as expensive as some of the other shows they've aired. It's also possible that they wanted to give the series a complete run on Toonami since I think Brotherhood had already started its second run by the time the block started up again. I could see it leaving the lineup after it finishes up, but it depends on what they have planned and if they really want to keep Brotherhood on the lineup.

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Brotherhood hasn't had a complete run on Toonami yet unlike what Bebop had many of, so they probably want to give it that. They also have only a small amount of stuff they can rerun and Brotherhood has done pretty good, so it makes sense to keep it now, since I don't think they'll have it forever like they're trying to have with Bebop and FLCL, though they'll probably renewed it once at some point.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the sake of costs, I don't think they'll renew Brotherhood indefinitely, whenever the current contract expires. However, I do think that they should think about getting a new staple or two for the current 3am-6am rerun half of the block. I would rather not have Bebop, GITS, Big O, Inuyasha, FLCL and Sym-Bionic Titan remain the only repeats they can rotate with in those hours. :They sorta already have at least two in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and IGPX. However, who knows if CN/AS' rights to Clone Wars will expire like with Thundercats. As for IGPX, while it will certainly get at least a 2nd run, I'm not sure if it would do well enough as a rerun staple.

Personally, I think Soul Eater would make a wise choice as a new rerun staple in those hours. It's doing really well in its premiere run, and it has a nice amount of episodes to go through. As much as I don't want them to, I can also realistically see them rerunning Bleach in those hours after it finishes, as they have done with another long running AS/VIZ veteran, Inuyasha.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 08-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    For the sake of costs, I don't think they'll renew Brotherhood indefinitely, whenever the current contract expires. However, I do think that they should think about getting a new staple or two for the current 3am-6am rerun half of the block. I would rather not have Bebop, GITS, Big O, Inuyasha, FLCL and Sym-Bionic Titan remain the only repeats they can rotate with in those hours. :They sorta already have at least teo in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and IGPX. However, who knows if CN/AS' rights to Clone Wars will expire like with Thundercats. As for IGPX, while it will certainly get at least a 2nd run, I'm not sure if it would do well enough as a rerun staple.

Personally, I think Soul Eater would make a wise choice as a new rerun staple in those hours. It's doing really well in its premiere run, and it has a nice amount of episodes to go through. As much as I don't want them to, I can also realistically see them rerunning Bleach in those hours after it finishes, as they have done with another long running AS/VIZ veteran, Inuyasha.
    I like the idea of getting a new rerun staple for the later hours. I could easily see them using Bleach for that position instead because of the large fanbase it has and that it still tends to get the highest ratings out of the whole block. I'd prefer for them to get something else instead or just keep Brotherhood, but Bleach probably has the best chance to become a rerun staple once it finishes up. Although, that's assuming that there wouldn't be a new series to cover the rest of the series like Final Act by that point, but I don't know what the chances of that happening when I'm not sure if Bleach's manga is actually close to the end of its final arc.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why do they keep repeating Inuyasha, the early morning shows, they just keep running them.

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A FUNi rerun replacing a FUNi rerun makes sense, so I could easily see Soul Eater replacing Brotherhood once both their current runs are done.
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Soul Eater is arguably the first FUNimation pick-up for Toonami that's worth keeping for more than 1 run. Though it be interesting to see how Deadman could do on Toonami now, it'd mostly be a painful reminder the show is incomplete and only fill the slot for 12 weeks while Soul Eater fills it for a year.

They probably wont play Bleach reruns late in the block until the series ends in Fall of 2014 baring pre-emptions. By then they could give 5AM to Bleach and hopefully air InuYasha: The Final Act and either cycle through multiple Viz shows or get another long term staple from Viz. We know they want Shippuden but Disney could keep it locked up even after the projected date the rights are supposed to expire this Fall.

Though to be honest if it was just as cheap or cheaper to do so, I'd rather they get Yu Yu Hakusho to replace FMAB than run Soul Eater again. Mind you I'm not suggesting only airing YYH at 4AM, it could air slightly earlier at first but probably always after 3AM. And on the other hand they could possibly rotate through other ASA/Toonami favorites FUNimation has on tap such as Outlaw Star, Trigun and Samurai Champloo or get another older FUNimation show which has never aired on ASA/Toonami.

So while I'd be fine with another run of Soul Eater and I think it would hold up well on a second airing, unless keeping it on is cheaper than getting another show, then I'd rather they cycle in something else or even the longer running ASA/Toonami favorite: Yu Yu Hakusho.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I figure Shippuden only comes when they're done airing regular Naruto.

Bleach's replacement could be anything else from Viz. Final Act, Tiger and Bunny, maybe Viz'll have the new Hunter x Hunter by then if they want to fill the loooong series niche?
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast