toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I think Bleach's replacement is going to be Fairy Tail.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I think Bleach's replacement is going to be Fairy Tail.
    Not a chance. The last Q&A basically stated that they keep show distributor quotas. So a Viz show can replace a Viz show, but it wouldn't be replaced by a Funimation show. If Fairy Tail ended up on TV it'd replace Soul Eater.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've only seen the first couple episodes, but I really don't get why everyone's so in love with Fairy Tail. It's thoroughly mediocre, same sort of mediocre as Rave Master, which I don't remember anyone loving.

When Soul Eater ends, I'm guessing/hoping they'll get this year's most requested show, Attack on Titan. Either that or hoping someone plays ball with them to make Space Dandy a simulcast.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    I've only seen the first couple episodes, but I really don't get why everyone's so in love with Fairy Tail. It's thoroughly mediocre, same sort of mediocre as Rave Master, which I don't remember anyone loving.

When Soul Eater ends, I'm guessing/hoping they'll get this year's most requested show, Attack on Titan. Either that or hoping someone plays ball with them to make Space Dandy a simulcast.
    The question is, will FUNi be able to dub Attack on Titan in time for February? Due to reverse import fears, FUNi likely won't get the Blu-Ray masters for quite some time, with a home video release likely for next Summer or Fall.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd hope they can move faster with it once the season ends. I'd love if Titan made it onto Toonami for a late winter or spring airing. Considering it's the only good action anime out of Japan this past year, it's all the more reason it has earned a slot (I loved Gargantia, but I I'm not really sure it'd meet Toonami's action demands, but if Viz wants to offer it, please accept it!).
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For me, the show picked up a bit more once it entered its second arc. The early episodes were okay, but kind of typical with its setup. It's nothing ground breaking, but it has fun characters, decent action and some good emotional moments in some of the arcs I've seen. It would be kind of cool to see it on Toonami, but they also have too many long-running series on their lineup, so I'd prefer it if they wanted for an expansion or something like that before putting it on the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution
    I could see them getting Attack on Titan, depending on how far along the dub is for that series. I think that they would love to make Space Dandy a simulcast, although that would probably be too difficult to really pull off.

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar

The question is, will FUNi be able to dub Attack on Titan in time for February? Due to reverse import fears, FUNi likely won't get the Blu-Ray masters for quite some time, with a home video release likely for next Summer or Fall.
    It could be another Deadman, where the dub's ready early but they can't sell the discs until later. Which would be great for Toonami.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It could be another Deadman, where the dub's ready early but they can't sell the discs until later. Which would be great for Toonami.
    Hopefully. After all, ASA was able to premiere Brotherhood in February 2010, when it had premiered in Japan in April 2009. Considering Attack on Titan also debuted in April this year, a February 2014 premiere date isn't farfetched.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    While people are right about reverse importation keeping the show from coming to DVD/BD here until later in 2014, I'm pretty sure they could have it ready for TV by February if they wanted to. As HG put it, a Deadman situation.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I could see them putting Attack on Titan on the block around February too. Not only because of how highly requested it is, but it would be a good way to get more people aware of the series so that it could potentially boost the sales of the DVDs when they're eventually released. I imagine that the crew would really like to get another series that hasn't been on DVD yet for the potential ratings they could get as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast