Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Rain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wolf's Rain

Like This Thread!
    I've noticed this show has taken a lot of beatings on this forum, and I have to say... I don't really get why it has. Wolf's Rain has a unique premise, likable and memorable characters, great music, and a good blend of drama and action. I'll admit, episodes 15-18 are completely useless, however I don't understand why the show was panned to such a degree. In fact, I'd even say Wolf's Rain is up there with Bebop as one of the greatest anime ever made. It doesn't appeal to everybody, because some episodes don't really contain all that much action, so action fans probably wouldn't be fond of it, however to be panned where it was a general consensus that WR was awful, doesn't make sense to me. As for it being a flop on [as], I don't think it was as big of a flop as people claim. It did have 3 runs, and back in the day beat Inuyasha in ratings a few times. Was it as big of a hit as FMA, Bebop, FLCL, Trigun, Big O, GITS, et cetera? No. But was it a complete flop of a show? I don't really think it was.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Semi-interesting plot that leads absolutely nowhere and gives you a middle finger as the payoff. Once was enough for me and never again.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A sad ending is not the same thing as a middle finger, and considering the plot is constantly moving as the wolves are constantly on the run, I don't see how the plot could go nowhere.

Kitschensyngk is offline It's Santa Titan!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The second half of that series had them all wandering around the wasteland getting captured and re-captured.

Spoiler:
    They pretty much kept that up through the last four episodes, when they started killing everybody off one by one.

It started out interesting, but then it sort of dropped off for me.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Electra Woman and Dyna Girl: THE FAILED TV PILOT

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Matt pretty much pegged it. Nothing interesting happened that whole series, until those awful last few episodes with one of the most confusing ending's ever.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Four straight recap episodes followed by one of the most infuriating endings in the history of anime pretty much explains it.

And people wonder why Keiko Nobumoto hasn't done much since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They were only in the desert for two episodes. I don't know how nothing interesting had happened when they were constantly on the move. If you were confused by the ending, then I could understand how you may not be fond of it. The four recap episodes are easily skippable and in the middle of the series. As for Keiko Nobumoto not doing anything, I have my doubts that Wolf's Rain was the reason she hasn't done anything of lately.

MadMan400096 is offline Stealing Christmas
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've never seen the series, but I do know that while ToonZone seems to hate it, the rest of the internet seems to love it; Doug Walker has considered it one of his favorite TV shows (listing it at #5 alongside Cowboy Bebop) and ANN and the like have given it similarly glowing reviews.

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I never watched the anime, but I read the manga adaption. I'm not 100% sure if the anime and manga shared the same ending, but I hated the manga's ending, so I can't be people for disliking the anime's ending.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Wounded_Dragon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some people like self-flagellation. That's pretty much Wolf's Rain right there. There's not even the obligatory hope that the next cycle will be better (like most endings of this type would give); instead, it's pretty much implied everything will happen again in the same way, with only inconsequential differences.
    Playing: DC Universe Online(PS3) Boycott Tier 6!
    Watching: *Netflix backlog*

At least 15 percent of the moviegoing audience experiences headache and eyestrain during 3-D movies. I'm one of them. And no, I don't need corrective eyewear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast